• Skype - koopakootmugen
Xanadu I believe.
Re: KoF XIV
#3842  August 26, 2016, 09:01:51 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Behind the spoiler is a complete library of Climax DMs...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3843  August 26, 2016, 09:02:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
xanadu indeed
#3844  August 27, 2016, 01:31:47 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Spoiler: Story question because this bothers me (click to see content)
#3845  August 27, 2016, 03:23:37 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
xanadu indeed

that winquote against shun'ei leads me to believe he's aware of the whole thing between him and verse

speaking of, is xanadu as useless as he looks, cuz i was disappointed to see him struggling to do just about anything during those pre-EVO streams. same question for mian
#3846  August 27, 2016, 03:52:02 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Yep, he is really useless, really don't know why SNK had the idea to create a character like him. Also the Villains Team ending is the worst ending of KOF XIV for me.
#3847  August 28, 2016, 03:58:25 pm
I got my copy at last  ;D one complain: there is no option to change difficulties setting for CPU in one player mode unlike in the demo version, I could choose the difficulties setting  :dunce2:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#3848  August 28, 2016, 04:18:56 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes you can. The default is 3. It's in game settings.
#3849  August 30, 2016, 12:21:43 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
xanadu indeed

that winquote against shun'ei leads me to believe he's aware of the whole thing between him and verse

speaking of, is xanadu as useless as he looks, cuz i was disappointed to see him struggling to do just about anything during those pre-EVO streams. same question for mian

Yep, he is really useless, really don't know why SNK had the idea to create a character like him. Also the Villains Team ending is the worst ending of KOF XIV for me.

Too early to tell.  Nobody plays him because of how unorthodox and strange he is.  He has some good things going for him but he is awkward and many would rather invest their skill and time into a character that is guaranteed to reward them.

#3850  August 30, 2016, 12:38:28 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
In other words, just play Iori.
#3851  August 30, 2016, 12:52:04 am
    • USA
I'm not even saying that.  Let's put it like this, you have this character who on top of being slow and large happens to be arguably the most unorthodox in the entire game.  His moves don't function like any other characters, so he takes a lot of training mode time just to get comfortable with.  You basically have to re learn the game playing him.  For all we know he could be great, but he's just extremely underexplored because people don't want to bother when they know they will get their time's worth when they learn a character like Shun'ei or any of the Another World team who are not only more straightforward but also have a lot of very strong tools with more obvious uses.  Xanadu's tools COULD be that strong, but we don't know because nobody has really done anything with him yet.  Give it time.
#3852  August 30, 2016, 01:07:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
In other words, just play K'.
#3853  August 30, 2016, 01:09:22 am
    • USA
TBH a lot of the familiar characters in this game are good picks.  Kyo, K', Iori, Kula, Terry, Kim, King, Robert, Joe, all very easy to pick up and do well with. 
#3854  August 30, 2016, 02:01:03 am
Yeah, okay, how about we talk about this again in a year or two when everyone has had the time to test him out instead and seen how he handles in tournaments, because there's no sense in saying "this character doesn't play like the others so let's just not bother" right as the game comes out. Let it happen. Don't make a tier list on week 1.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3855  August 30, 2016, 02:34:44 am
    • USA
What do you think

Give it time.

Means? 

I never called him bad.  In fact I was correcting the guy who was.  Almost nobody is playing him so it's impossible to tell what he's doing.  I have no control over other people, but that's literally what it is, nobody is playing him because he is obtuse and shows no obvious strengths, but that is not the same as him being bad.  I know my posts were walls of text but you really should re-read them.
#3856  August 30, 2016, 03:04:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Me and a friend are trying to get good with them. We like trying to get good with seemingly lower tier characters

He's super fun
#3857  August 30, 2016, 03:11:57 am
They're only low tier until someone finds something strong in week 2. Or a tourney player wins with them. Read: lol week 1 tier list).

I'm more worried about Chang. They replaced his old C normals with slower, less safe, and weaker ones. :/
Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:14:59 am by Niitris
#3858  August 30, 2016, 03:19:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah I got a Chang with random select and dude was really tough to win with. His hold back, forward punch attack takes at least two hits though! So I spammed it when I could :p
#3859  August 30, 2016, 08:24:41 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Looking into the KOF XIV engine, mainly on throws:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3860  August 31, 2016, 02:49:02 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
After fiddling with Xanadu to see what the fuss is all about.....I can see why he has a hard time against high level players.  His QCF+B/D doesn't give meter when whiffed like Sylvie's.  His QCFx2 A/B can sometimes cause the opponent to drop before it finishes the next hit depending on how you combo it (2nd have missed for me after cancelling QCB+A's second hit).  That's my thoughts.

Confirmed Poke to QCB+A or QCF+B is fun tho.