YesNoOk

Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Who's Next - Optic Blast! (Read 193409 times)

Started by davismaximus, October 09, 2012, 10:25:09 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who should I spend the next 10 years on for a CS?

Cyclops by Buckus
7 (14.3%)
Cyclops by Loganir and Verz36
16 (32.7%)
Sabretooth by Kamekaze
2 (4.1%)
Captain America by Buckus
6 (12.2%)
Rogue by Splode
14 (28.6%)
Do someone else, you fucking hack
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: June 16, 2017, 12:16:34 am

Re: Next Color Separation Project - Help Me Decide Who's Next!
#21  October 16, 2012, 03:01:26 am
So is the decision on Guy final?

Nope, not yet anyway.  I'll most likely close the poll on Nov. 9th, may as well let everyone who cares to get a vote in.

Also, I'll more than likely separate Cyclops' legs like you have them in your template.  Easy and makes for more interesting palettes.
#22  November 02, 2012, 07:51:13 pm
Poll closes one week from now, so if you haven't voted....get that shit in!
#23  November 02, 2012, 07:53:22 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
sweet, guy's winning, can i apolgize to davismaximus please btw?
#24  November 10, 2012, 12:44:20 am
Poll is now closed, with Guy being the winner.  Whenever I peel myself away from Gaylo 4,  I'll post progress on him in this thread.  Thanks to all who voted and for the suggestions!
#25  November 10, 2012, 01:02:56 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Im fucking addicted to Cyclops by Buckus cause of his great gameplay so... yeah... there is my vote.
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Re: Next Color Separation Project - Guy by P.O.T.S.
#26  November 18, 2012, 02:12:10 am
Got some time to finally get started on Guy today, finalized the template and got the first animation done:

Here's the template if anyone would like to make some palettes:

Comments/criticisms welcome.
Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:39:40 am by davismaximus
#27  November 18, 2012, 02:28:38 am
    • derpherp@sharklasers.com
may i recommend his capcom fighting evolution stance?

its only a slight change, but I think it makes a big difference imo. Either way, the color separation looks fantastic

DW

#28  November 18, 2012, 02:33:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
He's seperating POTS' Guy sff. POTS used Guy's SFA sprites. IDK if he could swap them or not, but I don't think it's entirely fair to suggest he do.
#29  November 18, 2012, 03:02:56 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
hopefully infinite will update his guy to have color separation patch on him, what do u think about that infinite?
#30  November 18, 2012, 03:09:14 am
Like DivineWolf said, I'm doing this patch for POTS' Guy, mainly because that's the one I use.  With that said, I do like that stance better than the original, and it probably wouldn't be much trouble to separate both of them and let you choose which one to use. 

My only concern is that he looks a bit slimmer in his CFE stance, and that might look a bit strange transitioning into his other animations.  Has anyone else done a Guy with his CFE sprites?  I'd like to compare the two and see what I can work with.
#31  November 18, 2012, 08:32:15 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I'm sure we'll see a million more like this, but...
#32  November 18, 2012, 07:25:20 pm
    • derpherp@sharklasers.com
Like DivineWolf said, I'm doing this patch for POTS' Guy, mainly because that's the one I use.  With that said, I do like that stance better than the original, and it probably wouldn't be much trouble to separate both of them and let you choose which one to use. 

My only concern is that he looks a bit slimmer in his CFE stance, and that might look a bit strange transitioning into his other animations.  Has anyone else done a Guy with his CFE sprites?  I'd like to compare the two and see what I can work with.

the scruffy sff patch used the new stance, and it seems to match up perfectly fine with other animations as far as I can tell
#33  November 19, 2012, 02:21:51 am
Thanks Koldskool, I had one similar to that on the 1st page, but yours has better contrast.

the scruffy sff patch used the new stance, and it seems to match up perfectly fine with other animations as far as I can tell
Alright cool, I'll check it out.  If I do end up doing that one too, I'll probably include both stances in the .sff and include a patched .cns file so people can choose.

Anyway, after knocking out a couple animations today, I had the idea to include a mask in Guy's separation.  It's a fairly subtle addition, but I think it looks pretty cool and would work well for some interesting stuff.  Completely optional of course, as you can just set the colors to his skin tone.

Yay or nay?

#34  November 19, 2012, 02:33:36 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
If it´s not too much work for you, then hell yes!
Chilling
#35  November 19, 2012, 02:34:38 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'll go with yay, because one looks like a ninja and the other looks like strider hiryu and that's awesome
#36  November 19, 2012, 02:35:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Hell Yay.
#37  November 19, 2012, 03:12:07 am
Sounds like it's a yay then.  Yay!

Posted: November 19, 2012, 06:45:15 am
Updated all finished sprites with the mask.  Updated the template in my previous post too.
#38  November 20, 2012, 06:45:09 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Re: davismaximus' WIP thread - Guy Separation & Mario Sprite Updates
#39  November 25, 2012, 06:18:15 pm
As well as working on Guy's separation, I've been editing ShinRyoga's Mario sprites to have a more Capcom-ish feel.  The plan is to use them for SeanAltly's Capcom Vs. The World project, so hopefully they're up to snuff.

Here's a preview of what's done so far, along with a comparison of old and new:

Note that these aren't final, as I'll be making some adjustments here and there, such as the feet movement on the stance. 

C&C definitely welcome, as I'm pretty new to sprite editing.
Re: davismaximus' WIP thread - Guy, Mario, & EOA Resurrection
#40  November 26, 2012, 05:19:29 am
Sorry for the double-post, but I've got some good news concerning the Epoch of Anarchy update.  I was able to recover the majority of the files from my hard drive crash a few months ago.  I'm basically right where I left off, barring a few things like fonts, templates, and system sounds.  For anyone unaware, here's a few outdated screens:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So on top of all the other stuff, I'll have some updates to EOA 2.0 in the near future.