YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2280064 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#4821  April 30, 2014, 01:10:46 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
You realize there are different versions of Ridley. The one in the shadow is Other M Ridley.

If Ridley is Playable 99% chance he'll use the Other M design Samus is based of her Other M design and going by Link and Zelda keeping their TP designs Sakurai seems to want to keep characters consistent to each other when he can.

Wouldn`t Ganondorf with Bunny Hood, Lip`s Stick, Mini Mushroom and Tanooki suit look sillier?

Well yes but i mean more in the sense of how they'll handle it on Charizard Ganondorf is human so it won't be to different from Marth but Charizard is a different story if it just adds another tail it'll look ridiculous  and if it replaces the tails already there he'll look silly if the mock ups they did on NeoGaf are anything close to how it'll look., Also i'd imagine you wouldn't be able to have both the Bunny Hood and Super Leaf at the same time
#4822  April 30, 2014, 04:09:05 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
...duh...lets just agree that there is still posibility and his chances is "either a boss or playable character", but not 0% playable, 100% boss or turn this thread into "Yes, he has" and "No, he doesn`t" have a chance now. If i will be proven wrong, then i will wait for him in Project M and accept defeat

You... -are- aware that Ridley entering Project M was an April Fools joke?

#4823  April 30, 2014, 11:46:22 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Yeesh. So much hostility today.  :fear: So the man wants Ridley to be in Smash Bros. Let him speak his mind. No need to eat him.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#4824  May 01, 2014, 12:26:44 am
    • USA
    • terontatum1@yahoo.com
In all honesty :

- The hazard version of Ridley might not even exist. We don't know if he does. But it's 99% chance one of them is a hazard.

THIS one will be Other M, seeing as the stage is the Pyrosphere.

- If Ridley becomes PLAYABLE, he'll use the regular design from Brawl. The Other M design is too dynamic to be playable. Wings are much larger, body is thicker, arms are longer.

My want for Ridley is not only because I'm a fan but because I think he could be Little Mac's opposite. He'd be amazing in the air but on the ground he'd be worse.
#4825  May 01, 2014, 04:02:02 am
are you saying pyrosphere ridley is other m's while playable ridley is brawl because that would look pretty stupid
#4826  May 01, 2014, 11:58:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
5/1

Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!

How the hell do you get more powerful than instant KO?
#4827  May 01, 2014, 12:02:48 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You lose multiple stock, of course.

I think he just means it's more of a nuisance than the chimera, it's bigger and it'll hunt you down probably.  Just my guess, though.
#4828  May 01, 2014, 12:22:13 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It probably moves faster and can fly around.

I can see that being far more annoying than the Chimera.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4829  May 01, 2014, 12:35:12 pm
    • USA
    • terontatum1@yahoo.com
are you saying pyrosphere ridley is other m's while playable ridley is brawl because that would look pretty stupid

The Toon Link on the train is in a different costume, which is essentially the same thing.
#4830  May 01, 2014, 12:45:44 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
If only there was a Ridley robot... y'know, that could allow for a boss and a playable Ridley.

OH, RIGHT, Meta Ridley.

#4831  May 01, 2014, 01:00:49 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I don't think there's gonna be a playable Ridley at all.  :blush:
#4832  May 01, 2014, 02:16:05 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Besides, I'm pretty sure Alfonso will take over for Ridley if Ridley were playable :U
#4833  May 01, 2014, 02:37:45 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
You... -are- aware that Ridley entering Project M was an April Fools joke?

Yes and im didn`t even took that video seriously after seeing those Ike Climbers.
5/1

Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!

How the hell do you get more powerful than instant KO?
Its not an instant KO, i saw at least one guy who isn`t really good at SSBB surviving 1 bite and he wasn`t even close to borders of the screen. Wanna proof? Watch "SGB plays Super Smash Bros Brawl" with New Pork City on the tumbnail.

I don't think there's gonna be a playable Ridley at all.  :blush:

If by AT ALL you mean he will never be playable anywhere, then you are of course wrong, if just in SSB - its only a matter of time. But thats your opinion.

As stupid as Bowser and Bowser vs Bowser and Bowser? I don`t support idea of 2 Ridleys having separate roles either to be honest...
#4834  May 01, 2014, 02:40:21 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Besides, I'm pretty sure Alfonso will take over for Ridley if Ridley were playable :U

and the komaytos from kid icarus will replace the metroid assist trophy when the metroid becomes playable too.  :laugh:
#4835  May 01, 2014, 02:56:56 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
and the komaytos from kid icarus will replace the metroid assist trophy when the metroid becomes playable too.  :laugh:
Nope. Alfonso will do that, too.
But anyway, I also highly doubt that Ridley is going to be playable.
He probably would be a broken character then.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#4836  May 01, 2014, 03:05:17 pm
But anyway, I also highly doubt that Ridley is going to be playable.
He probably would be a broken character then.
If you doubt it after Direct, then okay, nothing wrong with it, but if you doubt it in general, then its not something i can forgive...but thats your opinion.
He is a (in metroid games) large target, has endlags on his ground attacks, sluggish on the ground and a lot better in the air. This could be easily done in SSB. That balances things out by the way. Large characters is more vulnerable to combos, get crushed easily and just easy to hit. Just look at bowser.
#4837  May 01, 2014, 03:43:35 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
If you doubt it in general, then its not something i can forgive...but thats your opinion.
He is a (in metroid games) large target, has endlags on his ground attacks, sluggish on the ground and a lot better in the air. This could be easily done in SSB. That balances things out by the way. Large characters is more vulnerable to combos, get crushed easily and just easy to hit. Just look at bowser.
Actually, his air abilities, combined with his other ablities, are exactly the reasons, why Ridley is too good to be a playable character.
Just imagine a Kirby in the size of Bowser, that can breathe fire and use claws, combined with a big range thanks to his long tail, which he HAS to use, since it is an trademark attack of his.
Try to balance that. :P
===My discord servers===

#4838  May 01, 2014, 04:05:59 pm
Actually, his air abilities, combined with his other ablities, are exactly the reasons, why Ridley is too good to be a playable character.
Just imagine a Kirby in the size of Bowser, that can breathe fire and use claws, combined with a big range thanks to his long tail, which he HAS to use, since it is an trademark attack of his.
Try to balance that. :P
Ok then. Powers of the Void, I SUMMON YOU TO HELP ME IN THIS QUEST TO BALANCE A VICIOUS BEAST SO FOOLS WILL TREMBLE IN FEAR! ALL SHALL RETURN BACK TO THE VOID AND I SHALL HELP WITH IT! THE VOID! DO YOU HEAR ME? GIVE ME YOUR POWER! GIVE ME YOUR STRENGTH! TURTLE!
...sorry about that, i just couldn`t resist saying that.
Endlag and/or startlag on ground attacks, thin tail that moves quickly (making it usable only when opponent is on the same heigh/elevation point/whatever to avoid missing him/her/it), short range of flame, slow homing/fast, but small fireballs that deal low damage and knockback, light/medium weight thanks to his anorexic proportions, large target. That is enough.
Is it just me or every time someone mentions Ridley and his chances, everything goes back to teh Void?
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:17:58 pm by BaganSmashBros
#4839  May 01, 2014, 04:17:55 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
Hmm...let's see, how Ridley's moveset would look like:
Neutral B: Fire Breath (Bowser)
Side B: Claw Attack (Bowser)
Up B: Rising Wing Slash (after the attack Ridley goes into that impractical glide from SSBB, which is probably in the new SSB as well)
Down B: Tail Dive (Bowser's Down B)
Final Smash: Similar to Snake's Final Smash, but it's Ridley shooting fireballs at the opponent
Special things: Flying (Kirby, Pit), Slow movement, fast tail attacks with short range and slow tail attacks with long range as standards, uses tail for grabbing (Samus, Link), slow ground movement, can be easily knocked out of the arena, but can also easily knock out other into the arena

Maybe that is balance, but I'm not enterily sure...however, I did tried to make these aspects as Ridley as possible.
===My discord servers===

#4840  May 01, 2014, 04:26:08 pm
Hmm...let's see, how Ridley's moveset would look like:
Neutral B: Fire Breath (Bowser)
Side B: Claw Attack (Bowser)
Up B: Rising Wing Slash (after the attack Ridley goes into that impractical glide from SSBB, which is probably in the new SSB as well)
Down B: Tail Dive (Bowser's Down B)
Final Smash: Similar to Snake's Final Smash, but it's Ridley shooting fireballs at the opponent
Special things: Flying (Kirby, Pit), Slow movement, fast tail attacks with short range and slow tail attacks with long range as standards, uses tail for grabbing (Samus, Link), slow ground movement, can be easily knocked out of the arena, but can also easily knock out other into the arena

Maybe that is balance, but I'm not enterily sure...however, I did tried to make these aspects as Ridley as possible.
Before we will finally stop discussing him here, i think Side B must be something similar to either Other M Ridley`s throw attack or same as SSBC Ridley`s. About B - that would better work as an A (aerial or not) attack (at least i think so), but shorter. Slow movement should be on the ground only and he should grab with his arm(s) since they are bigger and easier to programm/make them work. Also, he should be as heavy as Falco or at least Pit and maybe be able to float like Peach. Everything else you listed would fit.