YesNoOk

All stages updated to Mugen 1.0 (Read 34775 times)

Started by PotS, April 14, 2022, 06:45:20 pm
Share this topic:
All stages updated to Mugen 1.0
#1  April 14, 2022, 06:45:20 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Better late than never, I guess.

I had actually fixed the stage compatibility issues with the newer Mugen versions before I retired, but never got around to reuploading everything. Besides that, nearly every stage received some minor adjustments. For instance, I used to try and capture the accurate camera movement from each game, but I've come to realize that's not such a bright idea outside of a full game, because you end up with some stages being narrower than others, or having bad camera movement for no good reason. In these updates they should be more consistent with the standards set by Elecbyte.

These were updated for Mugen 1.0, but in a way that they should work in 1.1 all the same. I also threw in Ikemen stage portraits for good measure.

I also added some new ones I had converted but never shared. There's nothing new about them and several people had already converted them, but I still remember that coding the bats in Morrigan's stage was a real pain, so I might as well share them.

I've also been fooling around with zoom, so in the coming days and weeks I'll also share some zoom versions just for kicks.

Anyway, there were a lot of stages to update, so let me know if I missed something.

DOWNLOAD

Previews

You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: All stages updated to Mugen 1.0
#2  April 14, 2022, 07:11:57 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Cool arrangements. Much more useful than older versions.
#3  April 14, 2022, 07:20:44 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

That's nice to hear! A few of your stages would glitch on 1.1, like the VRTraining, not sure if you were aware. Gonna test them later!
#4  April 15, 2022, 04:05:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I see the site is getting redesigned as well. We hope to see more from you (whenever you're free from real life's burdens).
#5  April 15, 2022, 06:33:46 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
So many amazing stages, so little time.

Thank you for this!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#6  April 15, 2022, 10:57:16 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
That alternate version of ryu alpha 2 stage looks so good!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  April 15, 2022, 03:11:34 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks. :)

That's nice to hear! A few of your stages would glitch on 1.1, like the VRTraining, not sure if you were aware. Gonna test them later!
It's actually been so long since I fixed the main issues that I don't even remember what was wrong with them. ;P

I see the site is getting redesigned as well. We hope to see more from you (whenever you're free from real life's burdens).
On that note I'm not sure what to make of the stages download page. I want to move things to Mediafire because it's free and easy to maintain, but having previews is important. What information about a stage do people need before downloading it?

That alternate version of ryu alpha 2 stage looks so good!
Thanks. That one turned out alright. I actually set out to make a quick night version for one of the stages but ended up making some JoJo-style recolors for a bunch of them instead. ;D If people like them I might share more.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#8  April 15, 2022, 03:39:48 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

What information about a stage do people need before downloading it?

Usually just a preview, mugen version and resolution works. It's cool to also put what game the stage comes from, just for the sake of information. :P
#9  April 15, 2022, 09:19:52 pm
    • Portugal
Alright I changed it up a bit. Related question, but when it comes to different Mugen versions, do people prefer to download one file meant precisely for the version they have, or an archive that includes several def files from which they choose the one they need?
#10  April 15, 2022, 10:18:26 pm
Pots your old stages run perfectly fine on 1.1 so I don't think a 1.1 version or any other version is necessary to be fair.
Unless you want to thinker with zoom that is, but even zoom is a few lines in the def and a lot of people set it how they want and change it all the time so might as well just save yourself the overhead.

They will run with no issues.

I have some of your old stages and I need to update the Lei Lei ones and a couple of more.

Banging stages btw.
Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:43:13 pm by PeXXeR
#11  April 16, 2022, 01:04:30 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Thanks for the update of Abaraya. That is by far one of my favorite stages ever. Ever since I started streaming MUGEN AI matches it was a mainstay and fan favorite of my viewers as well. I had the BGM set to Taka-Arashi's theme from VF5:FS. Dope stuff
#12  April 16, 2022, 04:25:37 am
    • Brazil
Thanks man! Really nice updates and releases!
Love that you gave Gouken's Temple the music from Street Fighter Animated movie.

Small feedback: The music name on Abaraya def is not matching with the name of mp3.
#13  April 16, 2022, 05:11:53 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Alright I changed it up a bit. Related question, but when it comes to different Mugen versions, do people prefer to download one file meant precisely for the version they have, or an archive that includes several def files from which they choose the one they need?

Most stage creators upload one zip file with all Def included and the user can choose his/her pick. I recommend this too.

On another note, wouldn't you have to remake all your stages to support 1.1 zoom as the rips you currently have aren't tall enough to zoom out on?
Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 06:00:42 am by YugaCurry
#14  April 16, 2022, 08:40:15 am
  • Some Party
    • USA
The Ikemen portraits are a nice touch and a pleasant surprise.
#15  April 16, 2022, 09:51:09 am
    • Portugal
Pots your old stages run perfectly fine on 1.1 so I don't think a 1.1 version or any other version is necessary to be fair.
Unless you want to thinker with zoom that is, but even zoom is a few lines in the def and a lot of people set it how they want and change it all the time so might as well just save yourself the overhead.
That's only partially true. Some of them glitched in 1.0. About the zoom, yes you can get it to work in a satisfactory manner by changing 3 or 4 lines in the def file, but to do it right you need to recalculate all the deltas and boundaries.

Thanks for the update of Abaraya. That is by far one of my favorite stages ever. Ever since I started streaming MUGEN AI matches it was a mainstay and fan favorite of my viewers as well. I had the BGM set to Taka-Arashi's theme from VF5:FS. Dope stuff
Yeah that one works pretty well too.
Now that you mention it, for some reason I cut the slow part of the BGM when I made the stage... I think I'll add it back in the zoom update.

EDIT: Just checked and the BGM I included is the boss stage version (Oboro). I might include both next time.

Thanks man! Really nice updates and releases!
Love that you gave Gouken's Temple the music from Street Fighter Animated movie.

Small feedback: The music name on Abaraya def is not matching with the name of mp3.
Thanks. :) I thought that BGM fit well there.
I'll fix the Abaraya def when I fix the mp3 hehe.

Most stage creators upload one zip file with all Def included and the user can choose his/her pick. I recommend this too.
If people are used to that then I'll do the same.
I was afraid I'd have to share WinMugen, 1.0 and 1.1 versions... which would be hell to maintain. I think I'll keep the WinMugen versions archived just in case, and the updated versions will have two def files: no zoom (1.0 and 1.1) and zoom (1.1 of course).

On another note, wouldn't you have to remake all your stages to support 1.1 zoom as the rips you currently have aren't tall enough to zoom out on?
I'll have to put up a warning that the stages without super jump will only work right in widescreen. But I think they look so neat that they're still worth sharing.

The Ikemen portraits are a nice touch and a pleasant surprise.
I'm glad someone appreciates it. :)
Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 09:56:28 am by PotS
#16  April 16, 2022, 11:48:44 am
BRUH, I really like the revamped Death Valley.

I wanna point out something that's always bugged me about one of the DnD stages. There's this vertical white empty space sticking out the left corner of InnerHeart:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Kinda hard to see without viewing the screenshot on a new tab. It's right next to the pillar and cuts off when it meets the floor.
I'm using 1.1, so I dunno if this also occurs in previous versions.

Although I do understand if it's gonna be too much work having to re-align the sprite assets and stuff, then just forget it lol
#17  April 16, 2022, 01:15:37 pm
    • Portugal
I see it. Seems to happen only in 1.1. It was just a rounding error in the delta, so I already fixed it and reuploaded. Thanks.

BRUH, I really like the revamped Death Valley.
Yeah that stage was accurate but pretty boring. ;P Thanks.
#18  April 16, 2022, 05:52:42 pm
  • I must continue my training...
The old is new again. Thanks for the update.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#19  April 16, 2022, 08:02:47 pm
Guess I need to update some of my stages then. Great to see you return to update your old works. Although me using an MvC ish styled mugen it makes me miss super jump on some of these stages. :(
#20  April 16, 2022, 08:26:10 pm
    • Portugal
The old is new again. Thanks for the update.
That's actually how I feel as well. ;P

Guess I need to update some of my stages then. Great to see you return to update your old works. Although me using an MvC ish styled mugen it makes me miss super jump on some of these stages. :(
Yeah, for MvC rosters super jump compatibility is a critical factor when you're looking for new stages. It's hard to give it to every stage, but I think I made quite a few with it.

I reuploaded Inner Heart with zoom compatibility and a new recolored version. Regarding this:

I'll have to put up a warning that the stages without super jump will only work right in widescreen. But I think they look so neat that they're still worth sharing.
I reuploaded Abaraya also with zoom compatibility, but this one works in widescreen only. I have a bunch of versions like this already made, but this one should work as a preview if you want to check.