YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2437176 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#841  March 23, 2009, 10:51:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Just finished futakoi al ternative and kanokon this weekend. futakoi was good even if they pushed a lot of the twins aside. kanokon's only redeeming feature is the fanservice, the comedy is not that good and some characters (including the main) are pretty annoying.

Also been watching seto no hanayome, which was a huge letdown, not because the comedy is bad, but because it was advertized to me as a "good ecchi comedy" in a simlar vein to kamen no maid guy, kimiaru and ranma. the echi is non existant. Just started minami ke okawari and I did not find it any inferior to the first season, unlike what I was told. Clannad and marimite are pretty much over, unless marimite gets another season right away.

[EDIT]

I figured that if I died I'd be dead.
Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:47:04 am by Frederica Bernkastel~
#842  March 27, 2009, 05:27:47 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I asked a friend to lend me Futakoi but the DVD didn't worked.

Seto no Hanayome is really good, but yeah there's no ecchi, To bad it was advertized to you that way. Well the most ecchi part is during the school trip when Shiranui is training San to not transform when splashed with water... that part was quite arousing.

Just watched Kamen no Maid Guy it was quite funny. However the DVD version didn't had as much ero as I expected (there was always an arm, plant piece of clothing blocking the way most of the time). The ending was pretty awesome, Fukuyama Yoshiki ROX! (Fire Bomber, JAM Project). Also Naeka's flat-chested friend reminds me of Hayase from Sexfriend.

And I disagree with Minami-ke. First seaosn was superior not just in animation, but I'll watch it again. Okaeri was good despite the animation QUALITY.
#843  March 27, 2009, 05:43:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Guess who the guy in my previous post is. hint, he is from higurashi.

The kamen no maid guy ova got subbed to english recently, you might want to watch it to close the series for a while, although it's just an omake.

I am about to finish minami ke okaeri. The change of seasons really shows on the character cast and the jokes they choose to put in it, that got me very curious about the manga.
#844  March 27, 2009, 06:13:59 pm
I already saw the OAD. Wow they jump from 153 days before Naeka turn 18 to 15 days in the OAD.

Guess who the guy in my previous post is. hint, he is from higurashi.
Ah yes, he worked for Tanako and I think was the leader of the group of thoughs she had whose name I can't remember and get OWNED by those meddling kids and their dog horny friend.

There are some rumors that there's going to be a third Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei season.

Have you tried Nakajima Megumi's second single "Nostalgia"? I like it (better than her first single), it also has a cover of "Tenshi no Einogu".

Waiting for episode 12 of Maria+Holic and hoping for a second season.
Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:34:36 pm by Bastard Wolf
#845  March 27, 2009, 07:03:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am in rush-comedy downloading mode now.
I see that chihiro is going to sub k-on.

I am going to check out that single, somehow I tend to ignore the muci category.

yeah, that's okonogi, he worked for tanuki, that's the thirs higurashi chara to cross to umineko, I was expecting someone from the gang, not him.
#846  March 27, 2009, 07:32:44 pm
#847  March 27, 2009, 08:06:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am just getting this season's stuff. hoping for the next one to be as good comedy wise, tho an h comedy would be good, I think it will take years until we get another good one.

[EDIT]

kyonogononi is by the same author as minamike, the characters are actually chiaki's classamtes. kimiaru-theyaremynoblemasters is a pretty decent echi comedy.
Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:23:01 pm by Frederica Bernkastel~
#848  March 28, 2009, 12:28:03 am
I knew about Kyou no Go no Ni and Minami-ke being made by the same ahutor but they are not chiaki's classmates (HINT: Chiaki's school have uniforms while the otehr one doesn't). Also at the end of Kyou... there's a preview of Minami-ke Okaeri and Kana asks Chiaki "Hey Chiaki do you know a girl named Chika?" I don't remember what Chiaki says but it's among the lines that she doesn't know such person.

Also in one episode the boys are talking about Hosaka. And in Okaeri (don't remermber the episode, is between 8 and 10) Touma is in her house and holding the Kyou no Go no Ni manga.

They are My Noble Masters was below average to me, altough I liked Shinra and Benisu. I loved when Shinra rapes Miyu. LOL @ Death Note reference (Yume Note) I think they spend the whole budget for the series on that scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyrXZc1aOJ0
Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:33:02 am by Bastard Wolf
#849  March 28, 2009, 12:40:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Tonight I finish okaeri and start mariaholic, tho I might watch colorful as well.
#850  March 28, 2009, 12:42:15 am
How can you finish Okaeri tonight when the final episode airs next week? ???
#851  March 28, 2009, 01:47:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I will watch it in nicovideo.
#852  March 28, 2009, 10:02:24 am
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
So other than Okonogi, the other two are Frederica and Lambradelta?

You lost your arm there fighting with Ulquiorra. And how can Ichigo grow hair and be alive when he's dead?

I am but a living fossil these days.
#853  March 28, 2009, 06:25:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So other than Okonogi, the other two are Frederica and Lambradelta?

Yes. It was pretty fun that now frederika and lambda delta's sides have been revelaed and they don't exactly match up what was suggested.

The next season is looking good, nothing really impressive (except the ovas), but a lot of decent shows worth watching.
Though I am kind of freaking out over the fact that to heart is still alive.
Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:48:41 pm by Frederica Bernkastel~
#854  March 29, 2009, 01:02:42 pm
    • Malaysia
To heart is alive because of Lucky Star, I suppose.

#855  March 29, 2009, 02:15:12 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Chart V3 is obsolete.
#856  March 29, 2009, 05:04:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#857  March 29, 2009, 05:12:06 pm
    • Malaysia
Because there are a lot of To Heart parodies in Lucky Star. For instance, Konata giving Tsukasa a cosplay school uniform, which made Kagami cry out "To Heart?!". And there's one episode where a lot of otakus are taking pictures of Tsukasa because of her likeliness of a To Heart character, which I have forgotten the name. Even their school uniforms for winter are almost exactly the same.

It should be that Tsukasa kept To Heart alive.

#858  March 29, 2009, 05:44:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Funny, I see it the other way around, all the parodies and references to other anime are what kept lucky star alive, really the jokes are not that good and it can't rely on plot; as far as the yonkoma based anime I have yet to find one that is not better than lucky star ( hidamari sketch was close to, but then they improved the jokes).
#859  March 29, 2009, 05:53:06 pm
    • Malaysia
You COULD say all those anime parodies kept Lucky Star alive, which kept To Heart alive. Lucky Star being alive is an understatement, Kona-chan and the rest is kept in the same position as Haruhi-sama.

And there's no main plot in Lucky Star, it is an anime of a girl otaku, a tsundere, a slownerve and a meganekko's school live. Moeness is what attracts fans.

#860  March 29, 2009, 07:45:12 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Fuck Moeness. It's attracting fans for all the wrong reasons. Whatever happened to good ol' bishoujo? Now they've been replaced by inferior moe characters and loli's.

Also I tried watching Code Geass last night on Adult Swim, most boring shit I ever seen. The only thing good about it is C.C and her pizza butt. Man I'd like to fatten her up. But yeah, Code Geass sucks. Lelouch is a douchefag.