Kyosuke Kagami (Read 53780 times)

Started by DW, March 27, 2020, 06:31:08 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Kyosuke Kagami
New #1  March 27, 2020, 06:31:08 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Been awhile eh? As always, an extra special thanks to those who helped me with testing and development. None of this would be possible without you guys. You can get him here.

Updates

=3/30/2020=

-Added extra pals
-Added alternate SFF with alternate FX

=4/3/2020=

-Added pal by Project13
-Added custom intro against Rhythmical's Tiffany Lords
-ReadMe updated
Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:27:33 pm by DW
Re: Kyosuke Kagami
#2  March 27, 2020, 08:22:20 pm
Thank you for sharing your char i will play with him tomorrow
It is a great release
#3  March 27, 2020, 09:56:41 pm
There we go.
Awesome, thanks for the release DW.
He is very fun to play as.
Your Kyosuke and Ryhtmical's Tiffany made me go back and play the original games again.
#4  March 27, 2020, 11:06:07 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

All I have so far is that his Electric Hit sound is kinda weak on my end.
The original CVS2 sound was more climactic, and it worked well enough on Jmorphman's Benimaru, which is what I'm implying you use instead.
Edit: I kinda wish you'd make his MAX Super Lighting Upper resemble the Project Justice version. I feel it's more dramatic.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:20:06 pm by RagingRowen
#5  March 28, 2020, 01:40:17 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's my feedback on him:
-Standing MP has no landing effect even though the landing sound effect is there (It also can't hit certain opponents due to it's hitbox).
-The normal Shadow Break has two normal shockwaves when the opponent touches the ground after a successful hit (He doesn't bounce, just hits the ground flat and two shockwaves appear instead of one).
-The damage for MAX Super Lightning Upper seems really low (Super Cross Cutter does the same amount of damage as this move).

That's all for now. In fact, I think all of his damage on his supers is very inconsistent. I think you might want to adjust them.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

DW

#6  March 28, 2020, 02:07:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Thank you for sharing your char i will play with him tomorrow
It is a great release

NP.

There we go.
Awesome, thanks for the release DW.
He is very fun to play as.
Your Kyosuke and Ryhtmical's Tiffany made me go back and play the original games again.

NP, thanks for testing.

All I have so far is that his Electric Hit sound is kinda weak on my end.
The original CVS2 sound was more climactic, and it worked well enough on Jmorphman's Benimaru, which is what I'm implying you use instead.
Edit: I kinda wish you'd make his MAX Super Lighting Upper resemble the Project Justice version. I feel it's more dramatic.

I just used the elec hit sound from PotS' Geese, and assumed it was from CvS. It's not really a big deal. Feel free to change it yourself.

I'm not adding anything from Project Justice, I said that since his inception. I don't have access to the game, and am not going to go outta my way to add stuff that I didn't even base him on.

Here's my feedback on him:
-Standing MP has no landing effect even though the landing sound effect is there (It also can't hit certain opponents due to it's hitbox).
-The normal Shadow Break has two normal shockwaves when the opponent touches the ground after a successful hit (He doesn't bounce, just hits the ground flat and two shockwaves appear instead of one).
-The damage for MAX Super Lightning Upper seems really low (Super Cross Cutter does the same amount of damage as this move).

That's all for now. In fact, I think all of his damage on his supers is very inconsistent. I think you might want to adjust them.

-It's not suppose to. For both accounts. That's why he has a close s.MK.(I know you mean MK, not MP)
-That's more of a mugen thing. They're not suppose to bounce when hit with it.
-That's because Kyosuke can cancel out of it and perform air combos.

No they're fine. Their strength is based on it's ease of use and functionality. I do this with all my chars. Thanks for the feedback.
#7  March 28, 2020, 02:49:15 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I'm not adding anything from Project Justice, I said that since his inception. I don't have access to the game, and am not going to go outta my way to add stuff that I didn't even base him on.

Oh well. But how do you access CvS2?

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8  March 28, 2020, 02:58:18 am
    • USA
-It's not suppose to. For both accounts. That's why he has a close s.MK.(I know you mean MK, not MP)
-That's more of a mugen thing. They're not suppose to bounce when hit with it.
-That's because Kyosuke can cancel out of it and perform air combos.

No they're fine. Their strength is based on it's ease of use and functionality. I do this with all my chars. Thanks for the feedback.
-Whoops. Yeah, I meant MK and just realized I mistyped it. This is more of a aesthetic thing, but I do remember Athena didn't have a sound effect when she touches the ground from her standing HK, so remove that instead of adding the effect itself? (As for the hitbox, I guess that must be accurate to CvS2 if it's not suppose to hit opponents with smaller hitboxes).
-That's why I was wondering if it's possible to put the opponent on a new custom state specially so only one normal shockwave appears. The opponent is already on the floor both times so there's no need for it to play two normal shockwaves from the fightfx, hence why I asked if it bounces or not.
-I see, ok then.

Well, alright. I mostly pair your characters with PotS style ones, so air combos is uncommon since CvS2 don't usually use those kind of mechanics. Must be your own thing.

I just remembered you intentionally leave the landing effect off on certain parts as I mentioned it before, but I point that out again because Jmorphman's characters for example have it for parts where both of their feet leave the ground for standing attacks. If it's just one of their feet, then it's not needed. For me, that habit carries over for all PotS characters including yours as well.

Edit: I seem to found an issue with the commands on the supers. When I tried to use Super Shadow Cut Kick in the air when he's very close to the ground but still in the air, he performs the ground version instead right after touching it. That goes with all of the supers as well. This is somewhat of an issue as there's a slight bit of delay and cause the opponent to already block once the move is executed.
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:31:44 am by SolidZone 26
#9  March 28, 2020, 03:00:32 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I've been absent since like 4 months ago and I arrived again this week... and the first release I saw is this today. Just wonderful :D

As one of the fighters I use in Rival Schools series and in CVS2, I must say this is a superb adaptation, I'm very pleased with this release, I must say ;) he plays smooth, all his specials and supers are there and working, and the CS... I loved that Dante palette, my favourite one!!

In general Kyosuke plays just as in CVS2, and Capcom made a great job adapting him from RS series since it plays almost the same, so don't worry about that. The only stuff I must say is I missed the "Capcom chain combo" in punches and kicks, can't be done in kicks and punches only with weak and medium ones. Had passed so much time since the last time I played CVS so I'm not sure if Kyosuke is like that in the game.

A great and solid release. Thanks so much for the release, DW. Also, good to see you around again :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#10  March 28, 2020, 08:33:57 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Congrats on the release, DW!
That's a really nice Kyosuke. Can't give you much feedback because I never was a huge Kyosuke player, but I can give you a suggestion: try to find a better Hitting the Ground anim for EX Shadow Wave's projectile.
Found no bugs at the moment.
#11  March 28, 2020, 10:49:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Great realease !
I like the fact you gave Kyosuke a palette reminding his RS incarnation.

What is missing to me (was also missing in CVS2) is his FWD+strong punch command move.
I used to like this move from RS. some kind of powerful palm strike...

But I don't think he have sprites for it.
I might do it later, if needed.

DW

#12  March 28, 2020, 03:07:57 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oh well. But how do you access CvS2?

Used to be 3 ways. Though, I always have the 2 ways of still having it on PS2 and 3. I'll get the PCSX stuff back later. Had it on my old PC. I fail to see what that has to do with PJ.

-That's why I was wondering if it's possible to put the opponent on a new custom state specially so only one normal shockwave appears. The opponent is already on the floor both times so there's no need for it to play two normal shockwaves from the fightfx, hence why I asked if it bounces or not.

There are not in a custom state. That's mugen doing that twice for some reason, because of the no ground bounce. It is what it is. I'm not going to make a custom state, just for that.

Well, alright. I mostly pair your characters with PotS style ones, so air combos is uncommon since CvS2 don't usually use those kind of mechanics. Must be your own thing.

*sigh*....

Edit: I seem to found an issue with the commands on the supers. When I tried to use Super Shadow Cut Kick in the air when he's very close to the ground but still in the air, he performs the ground version instead right after touching it. That goes with all of the supers as well. This is somewhat of an issue as there's a slight bit of delay and cause the opponent to already block once the move is executed.

Bruh... He can't do his air super/specials close to the ground while in the air. There's a height restriction. You doing close to the ground, will have it work during his land state, which he can do. I don't see how this is an issue. Why would you be trying to do it close to the ground anyway? It's not, it's restricted as it should be.

Thanks for the feedback and support. That Dante pal was made by Project13 I believe, so credit goes to him. He can't ground chain in CvS2, but he can air combo, which I did give him. Only under certain conditions though. Like from his Launcher or from Super Lightning Upper.

Congrats on the release, DW!
That's a really nice Kyosuke. Can't give you much feedback because I never was a huge Kyosuke player, but I can give you a suggestion: try to find a better Hitting the Ground anim for EX Shadow Wave's projectile.
Found no bugs at the moment.

There's nothing better, because the anim itself doesn't have a hit/disperse anim. I doubt I try anything else with it, but something kinda comes to mind. At any rate, thanks for the support and feedback.

Great realease !
I like the fact you gave Kyosuke a palette reminding his RS incarnation.

What is missing to me (was also missing in CVS2) is his FWD+strong punch command move.
I used to like this move from RS. some kind of powerful palm strike...

But I don't think he have sprites for it.
I might do it later, if needed.

Credit for the pals goes to their respective creators. I believe NDSilva made the RS/PJ pals. Nothing is needed, and while I'm not ecstatic about it, if you're willing to make that move from RS, I can oblige by adding it. Thanks for the support and feedback.
#13  March 28, 2020, 03:41:32 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
You haven't grow rusty yet, DW.
This is fate.
#14  March 28, 2020, 06:17:56 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

DW

#15  March 28, 2020, 07:58:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#16  March 29, 2020, 06:36:51 am
    • USA
There are not in a custom state. That's mugen doing that twice for some reason, because of the no ground bounce. It is what it is. I'm not going to make a custom state, just for that.
And I'm saying it CAN be fixed. Don't believe me? Ask OHMSBY. I've been helping him on his works and had similar issues such as this.

*sigh*....
If you don't want to fix the simple aesthetics because it's you're own style, just say so. I'm just pointing it out because that's how I do my feedback and you're making a big deal over it.

Bruh... He can't do his air super/specials close to the ground while in the air. There's a height restriction. You doing close to the ground, will have it work during his land state, which he can do. I don't see how this is an issue. Why would you be trying to do it close to the ground anyway? It's not, it's restricted as it should be.
Because the buffering should stop the super from happening. Froz's Wolverine for example can't do the command for Berserker Barrage unless he's on the ground completely because it's a ground only move. The command doesn't carry over if he does it in the air and it performs right away once he touches the ground. Your Kyosuke can do any of supers whether it's in the air or not once they land on the ground, removing all signs of restriction.

As a matter of fact, why don't you try your OWN characters like Tia for example? Her Rapid Change is a ground move and only be performed on the ground. So why does Kyosuke's Super Cross Cutter does the super right when he touches the ground if the command was done in the air? This is a bug, don't bother denying this.

Kyosuke had air combos in source. Best you should understand how the game works before making such assumptions.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGdi_f3Ms88[/youtube]

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Kyosuke_(CvS2)#Air_Chain_Combos
Ok, then try doing "air combos" with not just Kyosuke, but all the characters in CvS2 as well. If you want to use M.U.G.E.N, you're only allowed to use Jmorphman's characters or anyone without Infinite's style in it.

I was talking about air juggling. That's just spamming the same super three times and stringing it with chain combos in the end, not a real air combo like MvC games has. You must constantly keep juggling them.

All I can do is sigh...
And you will stop being so persistent for once? I'm just trying to help.
Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:32:25 am by SolidZone 26
#17  March 29, 2020, 06:58:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
An air combo is an air combo, I don't know why you're talking out your ass. CvS2 is a game that didn't have a single uniform way it tackled their characters. Morrigan for example could do basic chain combos on the ground like in VSAV, Kyosuke was given air combos like in PJ, Haoh got his Heavy Slash, etc. Air "juggle" is an arbitrary term you're using, that doesn't even fit, to describe MVC style combos that don't even exist in this character.

DivineWolf's style isn't Jmorphman's either. They don't have to play like the other characters in your "POTs style roster" which I guarantee you don't follow all the same rules either. The source game itself didn't follow the rule set you've imposed upon yourself. Kyosuke had air combos. Its literally how he played in source. Stop being such an entitled prick.
#18  March 29, 2020, 08:43:06 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Any specific reason you didn't include the palette I made back when he was a WIP?

DW

#19  March 29, 2020, 03:52:57 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
If you don't want to fix the simple aesthetics because it's you're own style, just say so. I'm just pointing it out because that's how I do my feedback and you're making a big deal over it.

The "sigh" is in direct response to you assuming I gave him air combos because it's "my own thing". Umezono just explained this to you. I'm not going any further.

Because the buffering should stop the super from happening. Froz's Wolverine for example can't do the command for Berserker Barrage unless he's on the ground completely because it's a ground only move. The command doesn't carry over if he does it in the air and it performs right away once he touches the ground. Your Kyosuke can do any of supers whether it's in the air or not once they land on the ground, removing all signs of restriction.

As a matter of fact, why don't you try your OWN characters like Tia for example? Her Rapid Change is a ground move and only be performed on the ground. So why does Kyosuke's Super Cross Cutter does the super right when he touches the ground if the command was done in the air? This is a bug, don't bother denying this.

Froz's chars don't even have a buffering system. I've changed the timings on the buffer based on Vans' Chizuru and Rugal. What I did earlier was far too restrictive and a lot of the time, moves wouldn't come out. I've already updated most of my chars with this, and will soon be done with them all. It's not a bug, and I'm not going to go back and forth with you. You can believe w/e you like.

Any specific reason you didn't include the palette I made back when he was a WIP?

Forgot it I guess. I had forgot someone else's as well. You can post it here, add it yourself, or not. Up to you.
Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:04:34 pm by DW
#20  March 29, 2020, 04:23:39 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Thanks for another great release, DW!