YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 641133 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#181  November 14, 2022, 05:46:52 pm
  • Wandering....
That would depend entirely on the palette. That particular palette has her coat in a light-blue color. Several of her other palettes have the coat in red. So, you are covered.

Great, I have been watching this in 0.25 speed. Thanks for bringing this up.
Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 11:39:00 am by The Shakunetsu
#182  November 17, 2022, 04:03:06 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I like the animation with her throwing the cape up in slowmo.
#183  November 30, 2022, 03:46:45 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Hello again;

I am glad that MFG is back!  :bjugoi:

So, time for another update:

Still, more edited frames...
I have once again taken the liberty on doing more detail work on the frames. In the most recent case, I refer to adding missing limbs:

As you can see, CAPCOM never added the left arm in these frames, even if the Art Style of SFA makes them bigger than normal, and hard to miss. So, I added them.  :muttrox:

Also, I have updated the...
Double Knee!
It has been added to the command (Fwrd+Dwn+Strong-Kick), and to the AI.  :buttrox:

Here is another Update Video:

That is all for now.

Until Next Time!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 04:55:33 pm by Tiger-Boy
#184  December 01, 2022, 02:57:25 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice improvements. She looks fresh!
#185  December 02, 2022, 03:41:45 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Is there an EX version of the double knee where she does a double knee and a kick resulting in a backflip to distance herself away from the opponent for zoning purposes? If landed I see potential for that followed by a EX cannon drill followed by a cancel cannon spike.
Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:45:03 pm by Fauxcry
#186  December 04, 2022, 04:02:20 am
Nice improvements. She looks fresh!

Thanks, Man! Means a lot.

Is there an EX version of the double knee where she does a double knee and a kick resulting in a backflip to distance herself away from the opponent for zoning purposes? If landed I see potential for that followed by a EX cannon drill followed by a cancel cannon spike.

No, but the idea is a good one!  :o

When it comes to coding, adding attacks and AI, I am only getting my feet wet on the basics. But I really want to add EX/Hyper attacks, mainly because I want to use the hyper attack designed by DrPotem:

#187  December 04, 2022, 10:49:25 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
When it comes to coding, adding attacks and AI, I am only getting my feet wet on the basics. But I really want to add EX/Hyper attacks, mainly because I want to use the hyper attack designed by DrPotem:

I never saw that animation.
Is it DrPotem's work?

The animation is well sprited, but lacks 2 frames of animation IMO.
because of the 3D source and the way 3D games are animated.
-> I suggest his to add a transition frame afrer each time Cammy have "stretched" leg pose
= 2 frames in total.

I wish it can find a good use one day in a Cammy character.

EDIT : after checkinf the frames, looks like that animation is made of frankenspriting sprites. THis is one of the reasons why these 2 missing frames are not present.
I think, it's important to fix it before to code any move.
#188  December 04, 2022, 04:58:38 pm
I never saw that animation.
Is it DrPotem's work?

Yes. It was hidden in a spoiler when he updated the sprite-sheet back in August:
Link updated on my first post with more SFV animations (V-Trigger, Air Mid Kick, Neutral Mid Kick, SFV Dash, V-trigger buffed/EX Spiral Arrow) and cleaned some sprites

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Now I'm going to work again in RMika  ;)

The animation is well sprited, but lacks 2 frames of animation IMO.
because of the 3D source and the way 3D games are animated.
-> I suggest his to add a transition frame afrer each time Cammy have "stretched" leg pose
= 2 frames in total.
I wish it can find a good use one day in a Cammy character.
EDIT : after checkinf the frames, looks like that animation is made of frankenspriting sprites. THis is one of the reasons why these 2 missing frames are not present.
I think, it's important to fix it before to code any move.

Yes, I see what you mean. Hard to notice since the kicks are going fast.
The 'pose' animation seems quite fluent.
If it was 'frankenspriting', I can deal with it when I get to it. I think I have enough experience to do so.  ;D

#189  December 11, 2022, 04:14:15 pm
Hello again, everyone!

Time for another update:

You guessed it! More edited frames!  :nuttrox:

However, while MFG was offline a few days ago, I visited other forums, and to my surprise I learned that ChuchoRyu, the original creator of Cammy Delta Red, is already working on an update (or revamp) of this same char. Fixing the shoulder issues, giving her a new head, making the Delta Red insignia bigger... basically everything I have been doing. Except for the military boots, which he seems to have solved:

(This image is not necessarily the final result. It could actually look even better.)

Instead of being discouraged, I still want to update this char, mainly because all I have learned doing this project, and the future plans I have which I know are good ones. Even ChuchoRyu himself encourages this project. 

Out of respect, I will let him release his version first. This is the best option, as it gives me extra time to not only finish this project, but also work on some other things I wanted to do. For example, I am revisiting the already-worked frames. Editing some sprite details, fixing some small animation details, and overall, making this char look better. I even created a new stand pose, her SFV animation, since it is similar to her SF4 animation. I took some ideas from Pixel arts of Cammy I found all around. I even like it more than the SF4 stand:

(This image is not necessarily the final result.)

With each frame I edit, I learn more and more about this particular char. The art, the animation. So, the more I learn about this Cammy, the more I understand what can be done, and how far I can go. I already have a good idea on what to do with the 'Boots' issue, making it look good while keeping the SFA art intact. But this is is for another update.  ;D

Here is an animation test for the SFV stand:

Here is another update Video:

That is all for now.

Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:38:27 pm by Tiger-Boy
#190  December 11, 2022, 04:29:07 pm
    • USA
Love seeing these updates. No offense but I would base your timeline on chuchoryu he is talented but a notorious flake and occasional scammer. It's why you don't see him post as much as he used to. A million characters in progress none are ever completely finished.

But as far as your work, your new stance is badass as is the double knee I'm loving all your updates and she has become a very anticipated addition once your finished
#191  December 17, 2022, 09:52:35 am
  • Wandering....
To be honest I preferred a Cammy that is based from ALPHA than CVS sprite,

Something that would go along with Chunli ALPHA with SF2 sprite, it's a Chunli ALPHA Sprite with SF2 Costume, same head and stance of the ALPHA sprite not entire a new redesign like her CVS2 Sprite. 

I preferred that same TAKE on Delta Red Cammy instead of major/radical REDESIGN of sprite, So I'm more anticipating on your design.

Not a REVAMP and Not a Re-styled but just reskinned version of the other available alpha sprite. like a costume change instead.

That would the same thing I wanted with SF3 Gouki in Alpha style, same body built, same posture and stance with his ALPHA version but with rope belt instead and white hair on the side. Same also with SF2 Ken in Alpha style.

ChuchoRyu is more of a CVS style spriter not an ALPHA Themed dedicated spriter
Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 10:25:52 am by The Shakunetsu
#192  December 17, 2022, 09:26:22 pm
Love seeing these updates. No offense but I would base your timeline on chuchoryu he is talented but a notorious flake and occasional scammer. It's why you don't see him post as much as he used to. A million characters in progress none are ever completely finished.
But as far as your work, your new stance is badass as is the double knee I'm loving all your updates and she has become a very anticipated addition once your finished

Thank you!  ;D
I am making sure that this Cammy is a different yet complete experience than her previous incarnations. I am unaware of how many changes and upgrades he has done to his new Cammy-DR, but as far as I can tell, they are very different to ane-another. I guess we'll all learn soon enough, as he has promised a December 2022 release for Cammy.

To be honest I preferred a Cammy that is based from ALPHA than CVS sprite,

Something that would go along with Chunli ALPHA with SF2 sprite, it's a Chunli ALPHA Sprite with SF2 Costume, same head and stance of the ALPHA sprite not entire a new redesign like her CVS2 Sprite. 
I preferred that same TAKE on Delta Red Cammy instead of major/radical REDESIGN of sprite, So I'm more anticipating on your design.

Not a REVAMP and Not a Re-styled but just reskinned version of the other available alpha sprite. like a costume change instead.
That would the same thing I wanted with SF3 Gouki in Alpha style, same body built, same posture and stance with his ALPHA version but with rope belt instead and white hair on the side. Same also with SF2 Ken in Alpha style.
ChuchoRyu is more of a CVS style spriter not an ALPHA Themed dedicated spriter

If this is how you feel, then I have great news for you: The more I work on this Cammy, the more I confirm that this is a SFA character, and trying to change her from that, not only is hard, but it goes against what this char is. Once I accepted this, editing her has become easier and I am more focused on what I have to do.

I myself tried to give her a CVS look in the past, especially in the main stances, but they always collide with the rest of the sprites, since they are different art styles. So, while I keep editing and upgrading this char, I am also re-visiting already worked sprites. As such, the 'shade' areas on her mouth and nose are being removed, since they were not present on her SFA look, and now they go along with the rest of the sprites.

Besides, I am willing to bet that the majority of the SF characters that most of us have on our Mugen/Ikemen systems are those of SFA3, just with the '0.8333' x-scale editing, to make them look like CVS.

#193  December 19, 2022, 02:57:08 am
  • Wandering....
Thanks man, your project im very hype
#194  December 31, 2022, 12:58:06 am
Hello again, everyone!

I hope you all had a good Christmas Holiday.  ;D

Time for another update before the year's end.  :nuttrox:

During this time, I have continued to revisit previously worked frames. I have even updated the SFV stand pose:

It might need a little more work, but it's getting there.

I have also worked on her Jump. I noticed that she used basically the same frames when going up and down, and no sign of looking down after the jump. So, I have added frames that make Cammy look down when coming down from a straight-up jump. I also made sure her body don't shake all over when falling down, only her pony-tails and front hair move:

The 'fall-down-from-jump' animation is used a lot, so it may take a while until I get and update them all.

Looking forward, I will start editing the new 'Jump-forward/Dash' animation frames soon.

Here is another update Video:

That is all for now.

Until Next Time, and Happy New Year!  :bjugoi:

#195  December 31, 2022, 01:46:22 am
    • USA
only problem I have with the stances is that their still all following the alpha idle in animation, so it all just looks jank in my opinion. I feel the stances, like the SSF2 stance, and the SF4/5 pose, should have their animations changed and sprites modified to better closely resemble the original stances. Otherwise its just the same stance with different arm and hand posing.
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022-23 UPDATE
#196  January 21, 2023, 05:26:58 am
Hello again everyone!

I have been quite busy with work in the past few weeks, but in no way it means I have not been working on Cammy.
I have been continuing revising her already-worked sprites, and updating her new 'Dash' animation.
While doing this, I wondered if I could recreate her other SSF2 Win pose, and I believe I did:

I still may need to work on some details, but the hard part is done.

Also, I have been continuing editing elongated limbs, making them more credible:

Here is another update video:

That is all for now.
Once I finish editing her 'Dash' animation, I will pause revising, and continue to work on editing her sprites, as I expect to have more time for it soon.

#197  January 21, 2023, 11:10:25 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad to see some progress.
I plan to make a custom, but only with "regular/needed" animations.
#198  January 21, 2023, 11:46:20 am