YesNoOk

SUPER Street Fighter IV (Read 462349 times)

Started by SNT, September 21, 2009, 04:34:15 am
Share this topic:
Re: SUPER Street Fighter IV
#2741  February 17, 2010, 09:51:26 am
Yeah, that was reported earlier. Guile's is putting on his Top Gun sunglasses, Dudley's seems to be throwing his rose...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

SNT

#2742  February 17, 2010, 11:11:25 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Just had a thought concerning Ibuki.  If she keeps her SF3 dashes, you aren't going to be able to land a FADC Ultra; she'll dash through them, and by the time she's turned around, they'll have crumpled...
#2743  February 17, 2010, 11:15:32 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
that is, if you can dash at the right position on reaction
#2744  February 17, 2010, 11:30:10 am
IINM I believe Gen's new set of ultras is the last one we haven't had confirmation about yet ? Have we seen Honda's Orochi Kudaki ?
If she keeps her SF3 dashes, you aren't going to be able to land a FADC Ultra; she'll dash through them, and by the time she's turned around, they'll have crumpled
If they keep it that way with her own dash replacing the one of the game and making her unable to have a normal dash for FADC, maybe they can make her dash faster to compensate for that ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

SNT

#2745  February 17, 2010, 12:17:25 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
We've seen the Kudaki.  Nothing to write home about.  Gen's we haven't seen, but we know what they are; they're both of his absent supers, the touch-of-death and the wall jumping.  The touch of death one's supposed to deal focus damage, meaning you'll have to hit them again after to cement it.

Come to think of it, her dashes are pretty fast to start with.  It may not be impossible, but just a bit harder.  Not to mention you'd be crossing yourself up for the Ultra command; that would make it harder again to buffer through the dash, right?
#2746  February 17, 2010, 02:27:02 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
I don't like new Makoto's face.
#2747  February 17, 2010, 02:29:51 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#2748  February 17, 2010, 02:31:00 pm
But, we haven't even seen here yet, or have we?
Yes we have, what do you think people have been talking about these last 3 pages ? Why the hell do you think he would say that if we hadn't ? Why don't you ever read the topic you are in ? ?_? And then you wonder why you get bashed everytime you post something...
lol the site with the screenshots is down (can't read the full error message but it seems to be talking about traffic for the SSF4 pics)
#2749  February 17, 2010, 02:36:03 pm
    • UK
lol the site with the screenshots is down (can't read the full error message but it seems to be talking about traffic for the SSF4 pics)
^
Thats why I said  "or have we?" so, someone would probably post something of Makoto. Sorry if I'm acting stupid again  --; Atleast I tried to change it a bit.

Never mind, I googled it and saw it.
#2750  February 17, 2010, 02:38:48 pm
It was up, that's when people commented on it. The server went down only recently, like a couple of hours ago or something. We still have pictures of some magazine pages with it, though indeed there's no clear shot of her face I think.

BC

#2751  February 17, 2010, 02:46:27 pm
    • UK
Accepting commissions
#2752  February 17, 2010, 02:53:50 pm
    • UK
Thanks BC!

I don't like new Makoto's face.

Dudley looks decent but, could be better.

Ibuki looks good but like everyone was saying, how the hell will you dash cancel?

Overall, I feel like they did a good job on the SF3 cast. Hopefully they'll play just aswell.
#2753  February 17, 2010, 03:18:02 pm
i never played sf3 so it's like this game has 5 all new characters to me ;D
#2754  February 17, 2010, 03:44:30 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Seth stole dudleys car this time
#2755  February 17, 2010, 03:54:45 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Yeah He pretty much got nerfed. You'll hear though...
It's hard to make any character change assessments without a great deal of time playing with them.  Though I don't doubt Guile was changed very much to make an impact.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#2756  February 17, 2010, 04:07:24 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#2757  February 17, 2010, 04:17:31 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Just listened to the podcast. Pretty informative. Thanks for the news.
#2758  February 17, 2010, 06:17:44 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I was afraid the SF3 sprites would look better than their models, but they did a good job on them. I also like Makoto's old face better though.

Just had a thought concerning Ibuki.  If she keeps her SF3 dashes, you aren't going to be able to land a FADC Ultra; she'll dash through them, and by the time she's turned around, they'll have crumpled...
Turning around doesn't take any time. Could make it harder to space correctly though, as c001357 said.

Yeah He pretty much got nerfed. You'll hear though...
It's hard to make any character change assessments without a great deal of time playing with them.  Though I don't doubt Guile was changed very much to make an impact.
Yeah, they just made his stuff better instead of giving him BS which was what he lacked most.  It's not like SF4's bottom tier is worthless though, the small changes can make all the difference... unless the new chars are better than Sagat.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#2759  February 17, 2010, 07:01:29 pm
  • Fuck You.
About Ibuki's Dash: I'm thinking maybe they'll make it a command move like Yang and Juni's teleport dash specials.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#2760  February 17, 2010, 07:24:00 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Some Dudley info
Excellent new info on Dudley thanks to Shoryureppa.

_____________________________________-

-Remember those 'UK rappers' that were playing the game? I'm the DJ. I am somewhat fond of Street Fighter. And now I am allowed to talk about it.

I'll start off with the fact that Duck goes straight through all fireballs, no armour it just goes through.

Re: Dudleys rose

Yeh, it's not his taunt. It is a command taunt (down plus HK and HP). And it tracks the opponent. It doesn't have a fixed range. And it is very slow.

Re: Ducking swing blow

Timing is important. But it's not difficult. And there's a lot of recovery on it. It's completely safe from range as a way of avoiding fireballs. When you get closer you need to know the different distances the kicks take you. And you can cancel either the Uppercut or Straight into Super or FADC for a combo.

Re: Rolling Thunder

I'm no professional, but I cant see a way to combo into it. It didn't juggle after a FADC Upper, and it didn't juggle after any other launchers. Corkscrew Cross juggles out of Dudley sneezing.

Sorry yeh, Rolling Thunder goes through fireballs anyway. It starts off with a Duck. So it is useful against projectile characters. But *I* don't seem to be able to combo into it, but then I'm no professional. But it definitely isn't a SRK FADC Ultra job, that's Corkscrew Cross. It's great for catching lazy fireballs though.

Ducking straight breaks armour, Ducking upper does 2 hits. The Thunderbolt move does 2 hits and is an untechable knockdown. The distance is dependent on the strength of button you press. EX does 5 hits.