YesNoOk

Suprizle's WipHouse: 2021 Character Updates/Progress! (Read 268261 times)

Started by Suprizle, July 10, 2012, 11:46:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: Suprizle's WipHouse: Jin Saotome!
#321  April 22, 2020, 03:11:36 am
    • Canada
He has a run function but as of right now, no running animation is planned. He's nearing the spriting stage tho, so I'm open to it.

Speaking of which, any active sprite artists around that are open to commission? the person I had got busy with family.  :'(

DW

#322  April 22, 2020, 04:51:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looking good. Interested to see how you put this together. As for getting some edits for him, try the Sprite Expansion and Spriter's Bounty thread. Both are sticky'd in the Sprite Projects sections. Should be able to get someone to hook you up there. It would be nice to go the extra mile and get him a run, if you plan on implementing that of course.
#323  April 23, 2020, 09:40:46 am
He has a run function but as of right now, no running animation is planned. He's nearing the spriting stage tho, so I'm open to it.

Speaking of which, any active sprite artists around that are open to commission? the person I had got busy with family.  :'(

oh ok cool. i cant wait to see how it looks!
#324  April 23, 2020, 02:12:48 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released

A small suggestion, try putting jets on his shoes, similar to Ironman.
#325  April 24, 2020, 12:02:01 am
    • Canada
That's what is being used now. Works well.

Looking good. Interested to see how you put this together. As for getting some edits for him, try the Sprite Expansion and Spriter's Bounty thread. Both are sticky'd in the Sprite Projects sections. Should be able to get someone to hook you up there. It would be nice to go the extra mile and get him a run, if you plan on implementing that of course.

Thanks bro! Okay, I'll put up a post! I've given it some thought and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a run animation as well. Perhaps even make it an option to toggle between both run styles.
#326  May 05, 2020, 07:19:11 pm
    • Canada
Yo! Another video has arrived with a bit of production behind it (you'll see). I coded new moves/combos since the last video. Check it out!

#327  May 05, 2020, 07:45:39 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
That EX command grab looks sick. Man, I can't wait till this guy drops lol
#328  May 05, 2020, 09:08:03 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Looks really great. :)
#329  May 06, 2020, 04:52:11 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Haven't been this excited for a good release in a while. You have a sub from me Stay motivated sir! Good video.
#330  May 06, 2020, 08:52:15 pm
    • Canada
Thanks fellas! He's turning out smoother than imagined. Still got some ways to go but it'll be worth the wait!

Haven't been this excited for a good release in a while. You have a sub from me Stay motivated sir! Good video.

Haha I hear you loud and clear, bro! Definitely looking to keep the momentum rolling this time. :)
#331  May 06, 2020, 09:32:42 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Oh my! The that means that Jin is gonna be one of your biggest releases! Paint me as the most excited person for this!
#332  May 07, 2020, 02:08:06 am
nice man!

DW

#333  May 07, 2020, 02:45:30 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nice presentation with that vid. The EX "grab" does indeed look interesting. I suppose the damage it causes alone may make it worth using... Although, that move technically isn't a grab and is god awful in source. Did you make it so that the EX version actually works as a grab? I couldn't tell by the vid, because each time you used it, Doom was open for an attack anyway.
#334  May 07, 2020, 05:10:23 am
    • Canada
Thanks bro! Gotta add a twist every now and then.

Yeah, the EX Saotome Crush is a slide grab as well. I also agree that the source Saotome Crush was very hailmary like and left you open for days. It's not too much different here but I adjusted the timing for each variation (light to strong) to add a bit more control for the user.

Oh my! The that means that Jin is gonna be one of your biggest releases! Paint me as the most excited person for this!

Yes indeed! He's been held off for years and the itch wouldn't quit.
Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:32:28 am by Suprizle
Re: Suprizle's WipHouse: 2021 Character Updates/Progress!
#335  January 01, 2021, 10:46:14 pm
    • Canada
Well... I dunno about you, but I believe it's time for an update!

But first off... HAPPY NEW YEAR people!!!

I don't think I have to express the nature of 2020... either way, I've been putting in some work behind the scenes and I gotta share what's coming up. Here's the plan moving forward...

Fuuma & Hanzo  *Finished*
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Mai-Ling *Current WIP*

Makoto *Current WIP*

Demitri *On Hold*

Jin Saotome *On Hold*

I will be releasing each character chronologically as I previously (as it appears anyway). I'm also always looking for new palettes, so if you got some, drop'em. Once again, Happy New Year!  ;)
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:39:44 am by Suprizle
#336  January 01, 2021, 10:48:47 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
from what I remember I think Makoto's clsns needed some updates,not sure if thats on the list,but good to see you alive,and happy new year too
#337  January 01, 2021, 10:54:35 pm
    • Canada
Most definitely! All of them will be seeing CLSN updates (Fuuma and Hanzo's are done). I'll note that too.

Lol always man. It may take me time, but my characters will see the light... Trust!

#338  January 02, 2021, 04:44:20 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Oh, updates on your Mai-Ling and Makoto!? That will be awesome. Happy New Year and good luck. :)
#339  January 17, 2021, 11:51:14 pm
    • Canada
So, Mai-Ling is underway. Here's some small notes and eye candy.

- Original Super portrait animation can be turned on/off now.
- Warzard Remix Super can now be turned on/off. (thinking of removing it altogether but it's up in the air for now)
- Her CLSN boxes still need work along with some other cosmetic touches.
- Looking at making new super portraits.
- I figure it's time to stop avoiding it but I'm also considering adding Zero Counter and Super Cancels to the whole roster. So once done, I'll look to update Hanzo and Fuuma as well. Besides that, a lot of the work is done and she'll be going into beta testing soon.

Specials

Supers

And a quick showcase of upcoming Special Intros vs DW's Mai & Strider as well as Mr. A/Gus Saint's NeoDio.

Other than that, stay tuned.. got more coming! :)
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:14:57 am by Suprizle
Re: Suprizle's WipHouse: 2021 Character Updates/Progress & Blaque
#340  March 27, 2021, 08:35:11 pm
    • Canada
Wassuup?!

While I'm updating my characters and having their sprites CS'd, my character roster needed clearing not too long ago. If anyone remembers XCB's Blaque, she's been on the bucket list for a while and is greatly outdated. I didn't intend to add more to the plate but genuinely wanted to keep busy. So and truth be told, I secretly picked her up.

Screenshots

Palette Sheets (Outdated)

CS (Big thanks to DW)

Originals

Things to note...

- This is an XCB tribute so she won't seeing a massive overhaul or anything. Blaque's core gameplay adapted very well and will be kept in tact for the most part. Buffs/Nurfs, minor tweeks for fluidity and balance will be applied.
- New small portrait (shoutouts to HadeS once again).
- All FX have been updated.
- Sprites have been CS'd. (Palette sheet above and she will be getting another CS update soon).
- Supers are Level 1/3 only as they originally were. However, I'll look to add level 1-3 super variations as an option.

Blaque doesn't need much else. Besides that, as mentioned in a previous post, I will be adding Zero Counter to all of my characters to keep up with the "meta" so to speak.

Mai-Ling updates/sprites are almost finished as well, so expect her release soon. That is all I got for now.  :bjugoi:
Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:27:31 am by Suprizle