YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 424957 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-3 / Final Fantasy XIV / Final Fantasy XV
#141  July 29, 2013, 09:39:44 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Square-Enix has been whoring Lightning out for the past few years and you people only whine now that they've reached the point where they're sexualizing her? Her XIII-2 outfit was already a red flag.
#142  July 29, 2013, 09:59:46 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I never played XIII-2.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#143  July 29, 2013, 11:23:21 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Welp, gotta break my own rule I guess.

calling her a slut
No one here did that.
degration of a character
When it kinda goes against how she has been before and it's done only for dumb and pointless fanservice, then that's exactly what it is.
To me, that's a bigger problem when we promote murder and gore by the dozens, yet despise mass murders and murders in general.
How is this related?

1. I never said here, did I?

2. Against how she's done before? Her XIII outfit shows leg, her XIII-2 outfit shows leg as well and nothing really stated by HER that she wears practical getup as the only thing. The ONE time I remember her acting as such was in a novella talking about one of Snow's N.O.R.A. members and how she was dressed while wielding a hot ass gun. I'm not saying that as an excuse, but considering we only have what we think vs. the developers and how they say if she's OOC or not, I don't think our fanfiction will win.

3. It was a suggestion if the trend I'm seeing, tis all.

Square-Enix has been whoring Lightning out for the past few years and you people only whine now that they've reached the point where they're sexualizing her? Her XIII-2 outfit was already a red flag.

Funny that no one really raised a stink about this at all till now, and when I mean that, I mean every other female Final Fantasy character. None of them were really called whores or anything at all past the usual brigades, but Lightning wears a semi-practical getup and starts doing the same thing to only a few costumes, and everyone blows their shit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#144  July 29, 2013, 11:28:53 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Outfits that show leg are pretty different from outfits that consist of a tiny ass skirt, a sports bra and fucking animal parts. 
#145  July 29, 2013, 11:34:38 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
aaaaaaaah
1. Whoops.

2. She was not wearing straight up fetishistic clothing while making sexually suggestive poses. Also magical boob job.

3. :X

4. Every female protagonist? Not even close.

#146  July 30, 2013, 01:32:24 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Outfits that show leg are pretty different from outfits that consist of a tiny ass skirt, a sports bra and fucking animal parts.

ONE OUTFIT does not suddenly spoil the whole game. It does not destroy a character, it does not eat your children, kill off humanity and torches the planet in a Solar System wide Supernova.

You don't need to use it, end of story.

aaaaaaaah
1. Whoops.

2. She was not wearing straight up fetishistic clothing while making sexually suggestive poses. Also magical boob job.

3. :X

4. Every female protagonist? Not even close.

2. THAT. WAS. ONE. OUTFIT. YOU. DON'T. EVEN. NEED. TO. SELECT.
Seriously, stop acting like it's her starter outfit or every person who gets a bikini outfit is a whore by default.

4. Except yes, it is. Only a few FF females in the party wear something like Lightning's, and even that is fetishized to some extent:

FF4: Rydia basically wears a shaman get up that shows cleavage sideboob and plenty of leg.
Rosa doesn't show off as much, but it still makes no sense for someone like her to wear it.

FF6: Tera(not counting Dissida) and Celes wear Leotards.

FF7: Tifa wears a tube top with a microskirt with suspenders, Yuffie wears a tube top as well with short shorts with her fly unziped, Aerith is an exception.

FF8: The only game with absolute exception on the heroes' side.

FF9: Garnet wears a VERY form-fitting jumpsuit, Trance, she wears what is apparently a swimsuit(?). Freya is exempt.

FFX: Yuna shows off her bra and side boob, Lulu shows off massive cleavage and Rikku had her intro scene.

FFXII: Ashe has a microskirt that has been shown prominently in official work, Fran wears...a metal swimsuit. Penelo is the exception till Revanant Wings.

FFXIII: Fang wears an outfit that easily shows off her black bra and panties and Vanille wears a short skirt. Serah in XIII-2 wears a one piece(I have no idea what that is...a cuirass?) that shows of generous cleavage.

I obviously don't count female kids, and this from the Final Fantasy games I've played and especially in the 2-d side, there were plenty of out there clothing options.

This is not something that happens in a blue moon.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#147  July 30, 2013, 01:38:27 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Therein lies part of the issue, as that's not exactly clear.  They say you can customize your character and all....but then in all the trailers, show that in the end, you have to use all these pointless other outfits and skills to actually get anywhere in battle.

And trust me, people haven't always been happy with past character outfits either.  This is their grand finale to the story of Lightning, though, and they're making the same damn mistakes.
#148  July 30, 2013, 01:41:01 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Jesus Christ Xhom, stop overreacting to everything. This is not that big of an issue.
Seriously, stop acting like it's her starter outfit or every person who gets a bikini outfit is a whore by default.
I never said any of those things. But it's still included and given enough media attention that it's clearly ment to be a selling point of sorts. Interviews directly admitting of the pointless sexing up still withstanding.

Ergo: dumb and pointless fanservice. Which is the only point I have been trying to make trough this whole discussion. I never said anything about it making her a whore or about the uncountable damage this will cause to the human race. You are the only one saying stuff like that.

#149  July 30, 2013, 01:43:22 am
None of the previous characters have a design that went as far as those. Even those female characters who are designed with that purpose, like Lulu. And no one ever cared that Rydia showed skin or cared about Yuffie's shorts, there's no sexualization in it (I mean beyond the typical hentai derivation). Even Tifa's skirts is nothing extraordinary, all she has is her joke of a chest but again, nobody cared much.
And the problem is more that they're showing off a swarm of dumb outfits like that, not just one. It's just so random, and it's almost the only focus on the entire character they're doing at this point, that's what the problem is. Even before the cat one, it was costume after costume, like a bad gag running stale, and then the cat parts sent it over the edge. The boob job is the cherry on top of the cake, they talk about it as if it mattered. Players may not have to care, but the problem is that the devs care to do stupid things like that, and yes, it detracts from the character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#150  July 30, 2013, 01:51:45 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Therein lies part of the issue, as that's not exactly clear.  They say you can customize your character and all....but then in all the trailers, show that in the end, you have to use all these pointless other outfits and skills to actually get anywhere in battle.

And trust me, people haven't always been happy with past character outfits either.  This is their grand finale to the story of Lightning, though, and they're making the same damn mistakes.

Except in one of the trailers, it showed Lightning had a Guard lvl 2 in one of her old outfits, meaning that skills can be upgraded to some extent.
I'm not saying you don't have an issue with that, but I doubt the Cameo costume will be the forced gamebreaker of all things. That makes no sense in my eyes.

Jesus Christ Xhom, stop overreacting to everything. This is not that big of an issue.
I never said any of those things. But it's still included and given enough media attention that it's clearly ment to be a selling point of sorts. Interviews directly admitting of the pointless sexing up still withstanding.

Ergo: dumb and pointless fanservice. Which is the only point I have been trying to make trough this whole discussion. I never said anything about it making her a whore or about the uncountable damage this will cause to the human race. You are the only one saying stuff like that.

My bad, I seriously need to stop visiting Gamefaqs so much...the negativity is stressing me out with how moronic people can be...

Yes, it is pointless of story lines and everything else, that is obvious. But they stressed us making Lightning to our tastes. It would make no sense to have some outfits that are basically the same crap that she would want to wear if that's the case, sometimes going around and taking liberties isn't so bad since we already seen her default outfit. In the end, I'm not arguing about it as pointless fanservice, I'm more or less calling people out when they say it kills her character or destroys the story or some nonsense when most likely, just like any other outfit in any other game past Easter Eggs, it'll be ignored.

None of the previous characters have a design that went as far as those. Even those female characters who are designed with that purpose, like Lulu. And no one ever cared that Rydia showed skin or cared about Yuffie's shorts, there's no sexualization in it (I mean beyond the typical hentai derivation). Even Tifa's skirts is nothing extraordinary, all she has is her joke of a chest but again, nobody cared much.
And the problem is more that they're showing off a swarm of dumb outfits like that, not just one. It's just so random, and it's almost the only focus on the entire character they're doing at this point, that's what the problem is. Even before the cat one, it was costume after costume, like a bad gag running stale, and then the cat parts sent it over the edge. The boob job is the cherry on top of the cake, they talk about it as if it mattered. Players may not have to care, but the problem is that the devs care to do stupid things like that, and yes, it detracts from the character.

1. DK, those outfits were sexualized, there's no if, ands, or buts about it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either the one outfit shown that suddenly causes her to be like this or everyone else.

2. A swarm? This is the only outfit that caused the uproar it did(well, past the Cloud costume). There was no swarm, this was the only one. Unless there are far more than this than her practical wear(which atm, it's not), then you guys would have a point. But it's not.

#151  July 30, 2013, 02:04:19 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Don't ever visit Gamefaqs, it is the shithole of the internet.
#152  July 30, 2013, 02:07:34 am
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Lightning_Returns:_Final_Fantasy_XIII_Garb
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/02/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-also-has-seven-samurai-armor-costumes/
26 costumes, several of them being pre-order bonuses, meaning just here as eye-candy.
Swarm. Stale running gag. Catgirl outfit being the straw that breaks the camel's back with how ridiculous it's getting. And the sexualization is just one thing, people can usually deal with it. Unless it's just stupid and a random addition for no reason on top of a lot of other random additions for no reason. So yeah, the other girls in the series are fine, this one is too much, not because of the outfit itself (no one cared in its original game in case you haven't noticed) but because of context.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:14:07 am by DKDC

SNT

#153  July 30, 2013, 02:12:47 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
XIII-1 outfit?  That's all I need.
#154  July 30, 2013, 02:49:22 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Lightning_Returns:_Final_Fantasy_XIII_Garb
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/02/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-also-has-seven-samurai-armor-costumes/
26 costumes, several of them being pre-order bonuses, meaning just here as eye-candy.
Swarm. Stale running gag. Catgirl outfit being the straw that breaks the camel's back with how ridiculous it's getting. And the sexualization is just one thing, people can usually deal with it. Unless it's just stupid and a random addition for no reason on top of a lot of other random additions for no reason. So yeah, the other girls in the series are fine, this one is too much, not because of the outfit itself (no one cared in its original game in case you haven't noticed) but because of context.

Um seriously? They are just preorder costumes...and with FFXIII-2'd preorder stuff, none of THOSE were gamebreakers at all, simply items that would help for the first Chapter or 2 and then become obselete.
And the context itself argument makes no sense. There's no real context past "Cameo outfit", there's nothing in there that shows they were planning on making Lightning a stripper or something, so I feel this whole thing is out of control.

And besides, even of 12 of those costumes are preorders, that is still only 12 out of 100, you aren't missing anything especially if they aren't Gamebreaking in the least, which considering their track record, they won't be.

Don't ever visit Gamefaqs, it is the shithole of the internet.

Yeah, I'm thinking of moving away from there. Past the few good communities in there, it's nothing more than incessant pools of hatred and bile most of the time laden with ignorance, both shown and masked by trying to act sophisticated.

#155  July 30, 2013, 03:14:25 am
Oh wait, you're still stuck on the sex part of the complaints. You think everyone is fixated on the catgirl outfit and the juggling boobs only because everyone hates catgirls and juggling boobs and sex in general. You don't know what context means to begin with.
#156  July 30, 2013, 04:33:35 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Oh wait, you're still stuck on the sex part of the complaints. You think everyone is fixated on the catgirl outfit and the juggling boobs only because everyone hates catgirls and juggling boobs and sex in general. You don't know what context means to begin with.

Not really. I'm more on the path of "I don't understand why people believe these things suddenly destroy her character when this is the most risque outfit and got a simple cup size increase" part of the complaints. And I do know context, the main arguments people USE don't have the right context.

Llong John is basically being smart about it, he's not doting because of the costume itself, but will they be FORCED to use certain costumes.
I can agree with that, but not with the ones that make no sense.

#157  July 30, 2013, 04:59:56 am
To which you replied that it didn't mean she would be made a stripper, and that they were just cameo and not gamebreaker, which has nothing to do with what I said when I pointed out the swarm of costumes (26) that made no sense and were eye candy for no reason.
THIS is the right context of the complaint, not YOUR context. The context of breaking the game is your own context which you're trying to force onto the complaints (before claiming that you don't understand them), but YOU have the wrong context.

You want to know why people complain, this is why people complain. Too many costumes, stupid pointless costumes, stupid changes for no reason (boob physics), paying way too much attention to stupid details (cup size), running gag are why people complain. Not many people were complaining that this would break the game, assuming these extra costumes had certain bonus, because that actually isn't the point of the complaints. The point of the complaints isn't that it's breaking the game, it's that it's a bad running gag. That's the context of the complaint, the swarm of useless costumes (26 is a swarm).

You don't HAVE to agree with the complaint, but if you want to know why, this is why. So just go ahead and disagree and say it's okay if she has even more dumb costumes as long as they're optional. It's okay, you have a right to not care about it. But some people do get annoyed, and it makes sense even if you don't like it.
Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:06:10 am by DKDC
#158  July 30, 2013, 07:35:49 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#159  July 30, 2013, 06:46:08 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
DK, that's your issues, your context.

I've seen people denounce LR:XIII SPECIFICALY because of the fact she has a cameo outfit, which may or may not be useful in some way, and she got a simple cup increase, which no one noticed till someone questioned Toriyama on it or he stated it in a non-chalant way.

Your anger isn't everyone else's anger, and you need to understand that this forum is completely TAME in terms of people being reasonable compared to Gamefaqs and NEOgaf.

#160  July 30, 2013, 07:43:59 pm
I've seen people denounce LR:XIII SPECIFICALY because of the fact she has a cameo outfit, which may or may not be useful in some way, and she got a simple cup increase, which no one noticed till someone questioned Toriyama on it or he stated it in a non-chalant way.

Your anger isn't everyone else's anger, and you need to understand that this forum is completely TAME in terms of people being reasonable compared to Gamefaqs and NEOgaf.
Not here. There's been a grand total of ONE person calling her a slut, and some responding "calling her a slut is a bit much".
It's not "my" anger - I'm not angry at anything, I didn't care as soon as they started showing those things. It's what people say here - it's what people HAVE said in this topic. There have been people joking about a FFXIV costume. There have been people bringing up the different cameo outfits beyond the catgirl one, making fun of it by requesting more cameo outfits (silly ones - Aerith complete with the hole in her stomach from Sephiroth killing her). There have been people making fun of how they're trying to shoehorn Lightning everywhere - saying she could be a hidden boss in the KH HD remake replacing Sephiroth.

This IS the context here. You're mad at the context from some other place. If you're mad at Gamefaqs and Neogaf, take it there, don't jump at people here for things they didn't say. And don't tell ME that I'm mixing up what people say here with what's said at other places. Saying that this forum is tame in comparison to other places is MY argument against your being mad at people HERE, not yours. I have no idea how you even think it makes sense to tell me that this place is tame, when I'm the one telling you that people here aren't calling her a slut and are simply annoyed by the silliness. You're the one jumping the guns saying "you people are crazy, she's not a slut, and anyway all the other female characters have worn slutty outfits, I can't understand your complaints, they make no sense".
Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:51:45 pm by DKDC