YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 425147 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy MegaThread
#361  June 16, 2015, 07:14:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
this makes me wonder which was the new final fantasy game that was better than final fantasy vii so they could remake it.
#362  June 16, 2015, 07:30:24 pm
  • SNK is life
You're implying there was a better recent one? You're mad, sir.
#363  June 16, 2015, 07:45:41 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#364  June 17, 2015, 02:04:26 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I keep seeing how much everyone is hyped for FF7 Remake but a thought occurs to me...

How many of those people are silly enough to believe it's going to be EXACTLY the same as it is from 1997?

Unless they TRULY aim to bring back the World Map...or make certain you can access the secret areas with the Colored Chocobos and no go the FF12 or FF15 way...yeah I will be seeing people complain about that...

Let's not forget the small things on top of that. But again, the fact that this is a REMAKE means that people will have to make certain to get ready for these changes(Like Resident Evil for the Gamecube level changes)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#365  June 17, 2015, 02:11:42 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
If they remove the world map, it would be a good way to bring in an open world instead. And no its not gonna be the same game as in the 90', would be pointless. All they have to do is make the same game with changes that make us forget the 90' version because of how good they would be.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#366  June 17, 2015, 02:12:15 am
I really hope there are huge changes, honestly.  I'd rather new than prettied-up old.
#367  June 17, 2015, 02:14:45 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
As long the changes make sense and don't add nothing or end up making something worse, I am fine.

I don't want it to be like Majora's Mask 3d.
#368  June 17, 2015, 04:15:53 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#369  June 17, 2015, 07:30:15 am
I think the battle system in particular is very outdated, and that modern technology could add a lot more to how the story is told. I'd want the basic plot to be the same, the characters, all the areas, but the actual dialogue and scenes themselves to be different, and the gameplay to be modernized. Imagine an XV-style VII, with genuine action gameplay instead of mashing X on menus?

I'd want them to preserve materia, but I could do without battle screens, random encounters, and turn-based combat. I feel those are relics of a bygone age.
#370  June 17, 2015, 07:38:42 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
The fans would kill them if they changed the battle system.

Most people I know love the turn based Battle system. (I like it too.)

However Crisis Core wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, something like that would be acceptable.
#371  June 17, 2015, 07:49:43 am
I know, just saying what I really want. I don't expect to get it.

I'm the guy who loved Final Fantasy XII because of how amazing its battle system was.
#372  June 17, 2015, 10:01:17 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The fans would kill them if they changed the battle system.

Most people I know love the turn based Battle system. (I like it too.)

However Crisis Core wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, something like that would be acceptable.

I can honestly handle ANY battle system that isn't FFX's battle system(that made the game WAY too easy).

But otherwise, for story purposes, I honestly want the remake to acknowledge the Compilation(because otherwise, what the hell is the point if it isn't?) give references to DEEPGROUND, Angeal and Genesis and even that chick from Before Crisis(Who had that Proto-God Materia thing) as well as show that the Turks is more than Reno, Rude, Elena and Tseng(Have a Cissnei cameo).

Basically I want them to World Build with what they created with the remake because if they don't, then it just makes the Compilation feel pointless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#373  June 17, 2015, 02:01:48 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#374  June 17, 2015, 02:06:50 pm
Or they'll update the game to account for the rest of the compilation, like Xhom said. I'm expecting things like Cloud sounding less like a delusional / mythomaniac dumbass when explaining he really thought he was Zack, by insisting on what we saw in Crisis Core, not have him walk on the ceiling, that sort of stuff. Maybe not Angeal and Genesis, though, that's just Zack's story, that's not for FF7.
Also I could imagine them updating the combat system (maybe not going full "real time"), and those who want the old system will naturally go for the HD port.

And then I'll want an HD Crisis Core.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:13:39 pm by DKDC
#375  June 17, 2015, 02:14:38 pm
    • USA
I'm fine with that. Change everything that was awful in the original game (Well, pretty much the entire game!) and I'll buy it.
#376  June 17, 2015, 03:52:46 pm
  • SNK is life
There's nothing awful about the original, it was great by that time's standards. It's just that the standards have changed, even in the story telling department, so I'm 100% on board with updating what's needed to bring this to greatness by today's standards.
#377  June 17, 2015, 03:59:39 pm
there's a lot of things the original game has that won't be translating well to modern audiences, and I have a feeling that Square will change it for better or worse.

For example, I don't think we'll be seeing the Midgar Serpent again
#378  June 17, 2015, 04:04:53 pm
  • SNK is life
I don't think we'll be seeing the Midgar Serpent again
Why do you think that?

It's meant to convey the extent of how much of a bad ass Sephiroth is, which is pretty much the central plot of the entire game :P
#379  June 17, 2015, 04:10:56 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
there's a lot of things the original game has that won't be translating well to modern audiences, and I have a feeling that Square will change it for better or worse.

You mean like towns? :smug:
#380  June 17, 2015, 04:41:49 pm
    • USA