YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 414687 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy MegaThread
#381  June 17, 2015, 04:46:58 pm
    • Peru
I know, just saying what I really want. I don't expect to get it.

I'm the guy who loved Final Fantasy XII because of how amazing its battle system was.
I love you, will you marry me?

It's meant to convey the extent of how much of a bad ass Sephiroth is, which is pretty much the central plot of the entire game :P
And also it serves as a restriction to no get beyond the marshes without a Chocobo :P
#382  June 17, 2015, 04:47:55 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
There's nothing awful about the original, it was great by that time's standards. It's just that the standards have changed, even in the story telling department, so I'm 100% on board with updating what's needed to bring this to greatness by today's standards.

Well while I do believe that my stance towards FFVII has changed over the years(FFIX and FFXIII saga did overtake it), I do still like it mainly due to my nostalgia so them giving it the modern feel can do wonders.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

Bea

#383  June 17, 2015, 05:00:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#384  June 17, 2015, 05:03:11 pm
Hopefully with variations depending on the quality of your items.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#385  June 17, 2015, 05:16:55 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The crossdressing scene is all well and good, but what I want to know is if they're keeping the chocobo incest minigame.  The only true way to earn Knights of the Round is by recklessly irresponsible livestock inbreeding.
#386  June 17, 2015, 05:19:25 pm
  • SNK is life
OMG I could never get on board with that part of the game, the grinding was horrible.
#387  June 17, 2015, 05:52:04 pm
I don't think we'll be seeing the Midgar Serpent again
Why do you think that?

It's meant to convey the extent of how much of a bad ass Sephiroth is, which is pretty much the central plot of the entire game :P

I was referring to the midgar serpent that's essentially a beginner's trap. I think they'll end up taking that out as a way to appeal more to casuals who need their hand held. Just kind of an example.

I also feel like a lot of the side content like the Gold Saucer will be changed or replaced entirely. Anything having to do with party members that aren't Tifa or Aeris also needs to be expanded because the supporting cast pretty much become silent and unimportant by the end of the game
#388  June 17, 2015, 06:01:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I wonder if this scene will get fixed nwo that they have more polygons.

#389  June 17, 2015, 08:38:20 pm
    • USA
Not that anyone was expecting different but Nomura says it's not just a graphical overhaul;  They're expanding the story and refining and modernizing the gameplay.

"I can’t get go into details," Nomura said, "but this is not a simple remake. Let’s say for argument’s sake that we only pretty up the graphics for current gen hardware, I don’t think that would surpass the original version."

Obviously. People's thirst for this project for years has given me plenty of time to think about it, and even the original game's environments don't scale for people that are human proportioned and not made from Mega Blocks. That's to say nothing for 20 year old game systems and a story/writing that definitely aren't as good as you remember.

The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are," before noting that even its flaws and restrictions are very much considered as part of the package. "We haven’t shown any gameplay yet, but since we’re updating them quite a bit, please look forward to that," Nomura told Dengeki Online.

"Since we now formally revealed Kazushige Nojima’s name for the scenario, there will be more plot devices in the story, so I think you can also look forward to that," Nomura said. "if you are going to do a full remake, you have to take a different approach and make something that suits the times."
#390  June 17, 2015, 08:38:20 pm
    • USA
Not that anyone was expecting different but Nomura says it's not just a graphical overhaul;  They're expanding the story and refining and modernizing the gameplay.

"I can’t get go into details," Nomura said, "but this is not a simple remake. Let’s say for argument’s sake that we only pretty up the graphics for current gen hardware, I don’t think that would surpass the original version."

Obviously. People's thirst for this project for years has given me plenty of time to think about it, and even the original game's environments don't scale for people that are human proportioned and not made from Mega Blocks. That's to say nothing for 20 year old game systems and a story/writing that definitely aren't as good as you remember.

The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are," before noting that even its flaws and restrictions are very much considered as part of the package. "We haven’t shown any gameplay yet, but since we’re updating them quite a bit, please look forward to that," Nomura told Dengeki Online.

"Since we now formally revealed Kazushige Nojima’s name for the scenario, there will be more plot devices in the story, so I think you can also look forward to that," Nomura said. "if you are going to do a full remake, you have to take a different approach and make something that suits the times."
#391  June 17, 2015, 08:41:55 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Please, keep the Active Time Batlle system..
Oh my god...
#392  June 17, 2015, 09:12:24 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
the battle system will actually be replaced by a remake of Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring
#393  June 17, 2015, 09:12:58 pm
#394  June 17, 2015, 09:13:44 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Save Aeris DLC: $4.99
Lightning Farron party member DLC: $9.99

Calling it now
#395  June 17, 2015, 09:22:23 pm
    • USA
Gladly paying those $9,99   :bow:
#396  June 17, 2015, 09:24:04 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
EX Endings? Activated by DLC?
#397  June 18, 2015, 03:20:17 am
  • The Goddess Returns

I hope it's either the Gambit System...or Lightning Returns level combat system(dear god you can say whatever you want about Lightning Returns, but it's combat system is fucking sublime)

Save Aeris DLC: $4.99
Lightning Farron party member DLC: $9.99

Calling it now

Give me Zidane Tribal DLC and I will pay 20$ for that shit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#398  June 18, 2015, 04:25:34 pm
    • Peru
I hope it's either the Gambit System...or Lightning Returns level combat system(dear god you can say whatever you want about Lightning Returns, but it's combat system is fucking sublime)
That's not going to fucking happen. Ever. Even tho, I liked the gambit system.

#399  June 18, 2015, 04:56:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
turn based/ atb is good.
#400  June 18, 2015, 05:22:42 pm
  • SNK is life
I wasn't too convinced of that ^ until I played Child of Light recently, and it just felt natural and innovative, even if it was the exact same old thing :P ... somehow they can make it work, or the system itself shouldn't feel "obsolete" just because there are newer ways.