YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 843581 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Re: Freeza Z2 [Project]
#221  August 12, 2015, 10:25:07 pm
i respect them alot more now that i know they actually paid to promote a free fan game, man the dedication in here is unbelievable.
i truly wish you guys the best in your future  :thumbsup:
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Re: Re: Freeza Z2 [Project]
#222  August 12, 2015, 10:36:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"comedy", mashing buttons, spamming projectiles and "thats so swag" :no:
not sure we need this kind of publicity

all publicity is good publicity and theres no reason to try to snob the people that discovered the game over that video.

We didnt pay the grumps anything they are talking about playing db games, which was what they were paid to promote. We thank them for the exposure, its always nice.

The only times we paid for hdbz were the times we paid for facebook ads or when we paid for server costs for the extra bandwidth needed for the several hundred thousand downloads.
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#223  August 13, 2015, 12:09:02 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I believe they were paid to promote the then recent Dragon Ball movie, Battle of Gods.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#224  August 13, 2015, 03:32:07 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
i had a few things in mind.
I remember you saying that Beam struggles won't be around anymore. Fair enough, but how about making it so that when 2 Super Kamehameha's are launched at the same time, they cancel each other out in a very flashy and beautiful way, with both sides suffering the damage (or neither side suffering any damage).

Also for Super Saiyan Goku. i feel like his Level 2 Finisher is a bit dull, it's just a big kamehameha. How about making it like in tenkaichi 2? and change the start up of the attack.
i mean all he does is Punch Punch and Puuuuuuuuunch. mix that up a bit Senpai(s). a strong dashing elbow to the stomach, uppercut, teleport above only to smash the opponent back to the ground, and then a massive Instant Kamehameha.
It would just make it so much more badass!! and visuals make EVEYRTHING FUNNER!
you should consider it .

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 SSJ Goku Ultimate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnO5TwO9HhA
#225  August 13, 2015, 08:49:51 pm
  • unmoving great library
    • Canada
That's a lot of work for something they've already finished.
#226  August 13, 2015, 09:20:46 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
well it isn't a priority of course, but it sure would make his ultimates alot more exciting. i mean really, Flurry punches are like the most dominant trait of his. it makes him feel repetitive.
Don't get me wrong, i love him ALOT. i mastered the heck out of him/play with him TONS and it just feels like something is missing.
#227  August 13, 2015, 09:24:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
we are probably not returning to any of hte finished characters to change content, just for bug fixing.

the beams, if two hit, are supposed to have enough hits to cancel out beams of similar strenght.
#228  August 13, 2015, 09:32:02 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Whenever it happens that both sides launch a super kamehameha for example, one usually just goes through the other and hits, randomly though. sometimes mine goes past and sometimes P2 goes past mine
#229  August 16, 2015, 12:49:53 am
  • Live with a burning passion!
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Hello everyone! I have developing something that I know some will enjoy, unfortunately it's not a character, but palettes! My first pack, The Divine Warriors contains forms seen in the latest 2 DBZ movies, plus 2 somewhat original ones. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pydaxu0p3cz2tvz/Divine%20Warriors%20Z2%20pack.7z?dl=0
And here is an album of whats all here: http://imgur.com/a/g6yjn
Note: Goku and both Vegetas auras are unchanged because the color separation does not support aura colors in it's pallet (which would be a nice addition in a possible update btw).
The SSG hair is consistent throughout all SSG palettes, those are just outdated pictures during devolpment.
Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:00:00 am by WekRiptor
#230  August 19, 2015, 10:54:49 pm
  • SNK is life
^_^
#231  August 19, 2015, 11:02:13 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Is that seriously the best you could come up with after half a week? I mean I know you get a boner whenever you fire up spellcheck, but come on.
#232  August 19, 2015, 11:05:55 pm
I think the palettes need a bit more contrast or look a bit more vibrant. Especially the hair, you could make the hair lighter.
#233  August 19, 2015, 11:22:29 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Don't mind me i'm just *trying*. it's something,  mmmm k
#234  August 20, 2015, 04:02:28 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
#235  August 20, 2015, 04:04:28 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
My post isn't directed at you, and you don't really need to apologize for typos, dude :)
#236  August 20, 2015, 04:15:41 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
#237  August 20, 2015, 04:32:34 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
#238  August 20, 2015, 06:41:33 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Okay, after looking through your gallery, I agree with the others so far about needing more contrast. The new screenshot you posted has Freeza looking okay, but Goku's contrast is way too high. The highlights look really weird in that context. My guess is that you are using Fighter Factory to mess around with hue/saturation. While it can help sometimes, it is always meant to be used to "tweak" colors, not do all the work.

Since you're just starting out, here's my dirty little secret on how I make almost all of my palettes:

• Go to Fight-A-Base
  • Look for a character you know has a color you want. In this case, we're looking for a good orange color, so we'll look for Ryo Sakazaki, and go to Gallery.
  • Under "Game Costumes," select "Capcom VS SNK 2"
  • You should see this as one of the costumes. Download it.
  • Open it up in Fighter Factory's palette editor along with a Goku sprite for comparison, and use the eyedropper to select the correct colors, then apply them to the appropriate areas on Goku's palette.

Now that may sound lazy because you're just lifting colors from existing commercial sprites, but in my opinion, this is the best way to ensure that your palettes look like something that would come out of an official game. Once you get more comfortable with that, you can mess around with hue and saturation to tweak your colors.
Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:45:21 am by Jango Hakamichi
#239  August 20, 2015, 11:34:45 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#240  August 21, 2015, 05:38:03 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
if you want to learn a quick way to manipulate hue and saturation, here's a tutorial I did some time ago.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/easy-color-separation-and-palette-creation-photoshop-166119.0.html

Okay, after looking through your gallery, I agree with the others so far about needing more contrast. The new screenshot you posted has Freeza looking okay, but Goku's contrast is way too high. The highlights look really weird in that context. My guess is that you are using Fighter Factory to mess around with hue/saturation. While it can help sometimes, it is always meant to be used to "tweak" colors, not do all the work.

Since you're just starting out, here's my dirty little secret on how I make almost all of my palettes:

• Go to Fight-A-Base
  • Look for a character you know has a color you want. In this case, we're looking for a good orange color, so we'll look for Ryo Sakazaki, and go to Gallery.
  • Under "Game Costumes," select "Capcom VS SNK 2"
  • You should see this as one of the costumes. Download it.
  • Open it up in Fighter Factory's palette editor along with a Goku sprite for comparison, and use the eyedropper to select the correct colors, then apply them to the appropriate areas on Goku's palette.

Now that may sound lazy because you're just lifting colors from existing commercial sprites, but in my opinion, this is the best way to ensure that your palettes look like something that would come out of an official game. Once you get more comfortable with that, you can mess around with hue and saturation to tweak your colors.

Thank you all for your help, I will tweak these ones and make a 2.0 ASAP, plus I am working on some new stuff, though I should fix these first.