YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 832731 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#261  November 05, 2015, 12:50:50 pm
Well it varies from person to person but mostly heavy work and a lot of output. Also a lot of quality. Barker is compatible with our work method and so, was a perfect fit when it was already shown he had done a lot of work at a very high quality towards the project.
Unfortunately we cant "sponsor" everything, because most people start with a single animation and then get tired and dont really do much more and its not like we can replace their sprites without eliminating our own characters.
Chamat also did a lot of work on freeza.

Its not like its set in stone but most of the times its when someone is able to finish without us intervening a lot and they are open to cooperating, since we cant really take on too many projects personally.
( we had people making like, a frame and trying to have us finish the rest of the sprites )
interesting. what do you guys feel about zero artimetris? i feel there's alot of potential in him if he's given a proper direction, but he seems to do things his own way.
have you offered to help him in his Z2 Kid Buu project?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#262  November 05, 2015, 01:00:29 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
From what I've seen Gennos it doesn't seem like Armentis does well with cc, and he's kind of all over the place;
he's got great skills.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#263  November 05, 2015, 01:09:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think he started Buu like 3 years ago maybe. and back then Ive offered some help before with game direction but he's more interested in doing his thing and thats alright.

I wish him the best of lucks in advancing his project.

Please dont single out people on why they havent been added to the project, assume there hasnt been enough material out , I wouldnt want to discourage anyone .
#264  November 05, 2015, 10:58:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#265  November 05, 2015, 11:07:33 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
:O WHAT IS THAT! TELL ME ICED, WHAT. IS.THAT. DON'T YOU TELL ME IT'S A FAKE.  that is a beautiful cyclops wait to go! i mean triclops. i mean THAT DAMN TENSHINHAN! I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA. yes i know i'm a baby, now let me ask you, what, why, when.
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:12:17 pm by X-Sky-X
#266  November 05, 2015, 11:36:22 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I must say, the UI you showed in the trailer was freaking awesome, IMO you should definitely keep that. Of course I don't know what you guys are doing behind those curtains, but may I suggest you got a custom announcer for the final release?
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#267  November 05, 2015, 11:44:41 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I must say, the UI you showed in the trailer was freaking awesome, IMO you should definitely keep that. Of course I don't know what you guys are doing behind those curtains, but may I suggest you got a custom announcer for the final release?
^This is what we have in store for you , a custom screenpack and announcer. That has actually been nearly done for a long time now.
 We are mainly waiting for Frieza to be finished, if that was the case, we could release the update.
#268  November 05, 2015, 11:47:58 pm
I hope you aren't joking. Tenshinhan has some of the most unique moves in Dragonball.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Seeing all these screenshots lately makes me hungry for some gameplay videos. Vans' webms are a good appetizer but I want the meal.
#269  November 06, 2015, 12:13:40 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
oh yeah whats up with freezerm actually i'm most curious about.. the semi dead namek stage
Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:17:42 am by X-Sky-X
#270  November 06, 2015, 01:25:22 am
  • Not for sale
Tien would've been my character of choice if I were to make a Z2 character, so if that is an actual project, that's cool to see.
His foot is jacked up in that sprite, though.  Looks like he's got a wicked broken ankle.
#271  November 06, 2015, 02:00:20 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Pretty sure that sprite is just an edit of Piccolo's dash kick thingy.
#272  November 06, 2015, 03:05:23 am
    • Canada

It's a test to see if Tenshinhan can be made with piccolo sprites as a base. Iced specifically ask that I do a bare minimum effort and post the results.
#273  November 06, 2015, 03:13:39 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I fucking jumped from my chair the moment I saw that screenshot, what the fuck

Shit
#274  November 06, 2015, 03:23:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I guess those reactions means the edit went over well and people would enjoy tenshinhan?
#275  November 06, 2015, 03:54:42 am
    • Argentina
Of course! ^

@Barker: The sprite is good but I think you're having "problems" working on Buu because his ear looks like Buu's lol I'm sure you can fix that (if this is going to happen) :)
#276  November 06, 2015, 04:01:03 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
what you did was just mean :c
#277  November 06, 2015, 04:10:41 am
  • Not for sale
Piccolo as a base for Tien? Not really sure how that'd work, other than like get hits and knockdowns. It just doesn't seem like Piccolo's animations would work for Tien. He'd get his own stance, too, right?
#278  November 06, 2015, 04:11:58 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico

It's a test to see if Tenshinhan can be made with piccolo sprites as a base. Iced specifically ask that I do a bare minimum effort and post the results.

Although kinda hype and a boner killer, I DO see the potential in using pallets as ways to make costumes.... at least in my eyes I see it... :/

Edit: Oh wait, these are *sprites* and not pallets... I'm not that smart :P
#279  November 06, 2015, 04:19:03 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
i feel like my whole life is a lie
#280  November 06, 2015, 04:24:22 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico