YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 831962 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#761  March 26, 2017, 12:55:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You're only being a nuisance when you say crap like that! We've told you about that. Have fun posting about the project. We love that you're energetic about it :)
#762  March 26, 2017, 01:05:15 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
You say that because you obviously haven't seen the posts before that.The most in the whole previous page.

Anyway, If the game's movelist template will be like the one Piccolo has,then is it possible for you
to have in some detail intros,winposes and some other features?
You know,things you had in the previous one and seemingly forgot or avoided
to include in this one,it was really informative.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#763  March 26, 2017, 01:08:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I've read every post.

Those read mes take time and our roster is growing. We cut some stuff to streamline things. Most manuals don't talk about intros :p
#764  March 26, 2017, 01:19:17 am
  • Fate's Persona
That i understand.
Though,it's good to have a little something here and there,especially when they explain fullgame features.
But alright,aside from that missing part it is as the old one.And who reads manuals anyways? Most gamers skip the tutorials if possible :mlol:
#765  March 26, 2017, 01:22:45 am
Yeah skipping tutorials....*remembers Friday Night Fisticuffs* So anyway can't wait to see the next build. Take your time and all that I can wait due to me not believing in due dates(the games those have ruined).
#766  March 26, 2017, 01:54:31 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
It's awesome to see such an ambitious project as this.  I remember it was just about making Goku and Vegeta better characters than what they were in mainstream games.  "Oh, we're not gonna do a full game" and "Yeah, only Goku and Vegeta, not gonna tackle anyone else".  Then SSJ Goku followed soon after.  Then Satan (joke character), Gohan, SSJ Vegeta (who quickly became Majin Vegeta), and then when Freeza came out, it became: "There's more in store" and "Yeah, we're gonna do a full game now".  Piccolo now out and about and not one, but three new other characters  currently in the works and possibly getting released next year already.

I'm so glad I got to see this evolve into what it is now: one of the best fanmade DBZ fighting games.  Original sprites, original VO's, original stages.  Yes, very excited to see this become something from the passion and dedication over the years.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#767  March 26, 2017, 03:28:11 am
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Probably #16. Cell borrows a lot of moves from the preexisting Z-Fighters, so #16 could bring something different to the table
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#768  March 26, 2017, 01:49:13 pm
  • Fate's Persona
After being on twitter for a bit,it poped up this:

from your account. Which is beautiful :thumbsup:
Too bad i didn't live during the time arcades were popular  where around,and my parents didn't allow me for the next ones   
(Tekken,Street Fighter 3 and even some old ones),because money.Thankfully,a friend gave me a disk with some popular
arcade fighting games a long time ago.

Enough about me,is this beast for the intro?
For a special mode? Which i highly doubt.........
#769  March 26, 2017, 08:20:17 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
i personally find the most popular characters most interesting in terms of combat and what they could bring into a game.

like Super Vegitto and Super Gogeta. Like the shit that they could realistically bring is just wild (in my head at least)

But other than the above 2 I think that Cell, Krillin, Broly,Trunks and Omega Shenron would be siiiiick. (Omega fr tho.. like damn)
#770  March 26, 2017, 08:34:47 pm
  • Fate's Persona
If i understand correctly no more than 2 versions of the same character are allowed,second one could be a risk as well.It takes space for more original characters and creators must choose wisely in which character to put their efforts and spend their time in.
SSJ Goku and M. Vegeta were uniquely different than their originals sure,but if you were a spriter in Z2 would you do a power-up form or a more actual original character?
If i could sprite i would do a Future Trunks Z2,what Z2 character would you sprite?
#771  March 26, 2017, 08:50:45 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
If I had the time and skill to sprite a Z2 character I'd love to do Tien Yamcha Nekomajin Towa and Mira.  :laugh:
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#772  March 26, 2017, 09:05:23 pm
  • Fate's Persona
Yamcha is taken by Balmsold. You can still make him though.
The same goes for Tien,though that might be a challenge for you xD .
As for Nekomajin,i don't think anyone is working on it and i don't even know it, is it Majin Buu's pet cat?  :mlol:
(Because "neko" means "cat" in Japanese)

EDIT:As for Towa and Mira,they could be a duo a boss character yet still playable.
#773  March 26, 2017, 09:15:10 pm
Yamcha is taken by Balmsold. You can still make him though.
The same goes for Tien,though that might be a challenge for you xD .
As for Nekomajin,i don't think anyone is working on it and i don't even know it, is it Majin Buu's pet cat?  :mlol:
(Because "neko" means "cat" in Japanese)

EDIT:As for Towa and Mira,they could be a duo a boss character yet still playable.

I believe Nekomajin is the blue cat character in the Z2 Sprite thread.
#774  March 26, 2017, 09:21:42 pm
  • Fate's Persona
I don't remember Nekemajin appearing in Z,even though i last watched the series a decade ago.
And if he/she was in the series my country's dub would make the name less confusing,Cat Demon,Demon Cat or something.
Then again he would appear atleast in one game,as popular as the Budokai series (i played 2 and a bit 3) or somewhere.
Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:30:48 pm by AgentofDestiny
#775  March 26, 2017, 09:22:49 pm
He's a character from a Dragon ball Parody by Akira Toriyama.
#776  March 26, 2017, 09:52:32 pm
  • Fate's Persona
#777  March 26, 2017, 11:16:57 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
#778  March 26, 2017, 11:26:28 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Let's not get too excited about who gets in where (both for the theorists and naysayers) but for now, it's probably safe to assume that the team is going to keep things limited to stuff that happened in the canon Dragonball universe. In this case, even someone like Bulma would probably have a better chance of showing up than Nekomajin.

#779  March 26, 2017, 11:52:32 pm
  • Fate's Persona
He's only illrelivant becuase you dont know who he is. This is Mugen, people can make whomever they want. So it would be nice if you stop shutting down everyone.

I didn't shut down anyone nor did i intent to.I just found it weird,he' isn't in any game for now.Not even a refference of him in the "King of Fillers"that is Dragon Ball Super. (Please don't take seriously what i said about Super,DB Super fans).If he is refferenced somewhere in recent official Dragon Ball media please tell me so.Make him people if you want to.

On another note,nice profile avatar picture.

Let's not get too excited about who gets in where (both for the theorists and naysayers) but for now, it's probably safe to assume that the team is going to keep things limited to stuff that happened in the canon Dragonball universe. In this case, even someone like Bulma would probably have a better chance of showing up than Nekomajin.

As much as i want to see Broly Z2 and maybe Bulma Z2 with Tron-ish style,im afraid things are strictly "Z".
So no Dragon Ball favourites,fan-canon appearances or even movie characters (even though most of them are in "Z")
Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:59:11 pm by AgentofDestiny
#780  March 27, 2017, 12:03:28 am
If you're constantly telling people Team Z2's "rules", they might feel that you're shutting down their ideas. Team Z2 can tell you their rules as they feel is appropriate.

By the way, it's not entirely true that Nekomajin hasn't been in games, he's been in Supersonic Warriors as a support and in Dragonball Heroes.