YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 849067 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#841  April 06, 2017, 10:57:09 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Yeah, MUGEN's native stage coding is pretty barebones, so to do anything more than look good, you need to code it into the actual characrers. GRANTED in a fullgame, you can get away with coding everything in common1.cns and putting all the sounds/sprites in fight.snd/fight.sff (iirc???) so that every character loaded into the screenpack automatically has the ability to do all of this.

However, none of this would work outside of the fullgame environment.
#842  April 06, 2017, 11:58:05 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Is there really a place in Dragon Ball worth the stage transition hussle to begin with?
or  something that could count as a "moving" stage?
I know these two are totally different types
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#843  April 06, 2017, 12:10:17 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Kame house outside (beach) and inside (tv with girls performing exercises)
Dr.Gero's lab top (androids pods) and basement  (cell lab)
Snake road top (road and clouds) and hell
And I can name much more
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#844  April 06, 2017, 12:38:57 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
In a Marvel vs Capcom style it could be nice i guess.
I would like an Inside Kame House stage,with M. Roshi watching erotica :thumbsup:
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#845  April 06, 2017, 07:08:40 pm
Kami's Lookout is already a stage - multiple if you include the Hyperbolic Time Chamber stages. Plus, it wouldn't make sense to fall down to Korin's Tower. Kami's Lookout is actually floating high above, Goku has to extend the Power Pole and climb it (*snicker*) to get there the first time.

But I'm wondering what Mugen stages can do. Could you make it so that the stage gets blown up when the player does a Level 3 super, or is interaction impossible?
#846  April 06, 2017, 07:15:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Impossible outside a full game.

ZX2

#847  April 06, 2017, 07:40:31 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
If only the power of the Mugen engine was further pushed out of the negating limits we find today  :lol: Ahh man.
Actually how long ago was the latest build of Mugen released? version 1.1 was 2013 on umm august correct?
#848  April 06, 2017, 07:42:39 pm
This is going off topic but just to get this over with that was beta 1.1 the only version of that we have because Elecbyte poofed off the face of the Earth and cannot be contacted. Now we can get back to the topic.

HQ

#849  April 06, 2017, 10:00:01 pm
#850  April 06, 2017, 10:00:41 pm

If I could ask just one more. For stages like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber - Blizzard, we see the background change. My thinking is that either there's one big complex stage animation, or that Mugen stages can play animations or move things around as events but they're walled off so that they can only be activated based on time or something like that. Am I right on one of those?

What I'm wondering is if you could have a normal, unbroken stage state, then when a super move is executed switch to a broken stage state. Purely visual of course.
Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:08:58 pm by Thammy
#851  April 06, 2017, 10:02:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
A few of Wucash's old stages have that mechanic though - a "mechanic" that makes you fall through floors after a certain time/event?

They are just visual. You are never actually falling, the stage just moves, the characters if standing will still be standing.

this is not what happens on games with actual stages with breakable floors, where the characters literally fall through and are forced into falling state during the anims.

ZX2

#852  April 06, 2017, 10:16:38 pm
Ah right sorry I was a little off. :sweatdrop:
Well anyway regarding the latest combo videos on Balthazar's YT channel I can't wait to go up against Freeza if they did fix the AI cause there's so much he can do with his headbutt dive, psycho crusher, and other useful tools.

lui

#853  April 06, 2017, 10:23:54 pm
    • USA
there is ai in the latest freeza build

HQ

#854  April 06, 2017, 10:26:23 pm
True, Iced, I never noticed that:

Still this would be a possibility (at 1:17) + if it moves fast enough the eye wouldn't really catch up I guess..
#855  April 06, 2017, 10:30:48 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The Freeza included in tomorrow's release has AI

HQ: This is just the background moving up and revealing the bottom part, giving the false impression the characters fall. But if you look carefully, their are bound to the same floor level
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:34:03 pm by XGargoyle

HQ

#856  April 06, 2017, 10:42:04 pm
Yes I saw, I don't think it looks bad though? Not sure how it will look like in every situation, but if that broken floor moves fast enough (&the distance between "floors" is not too high) it could work, right?
#857  April 06, 2017, 11:14:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its really obvious, it looks low quality.
Compare it to how it works on games that actually have it coded in

https://youtu.be/Oc6y_MG_xGY?t=492

they fall and gravity affects them, they cant attack during it.
Imagine goku doing a kamehameha on the ground while the stage moves around, the projectiles all traveling their pathways without being affected by the sudden "change" in the environment. It really takes you off the game.
#858  April 06, 2017, 11:41:32 pm
I find it odd that after there were popular fighting games with this as a feature that this didn't get implemented into normal stages.

ZX2

#859  April 07, 2017, 01:09:34 am
The Freeza included in tomorrow's release has AI

Well that's good enough for me cause when I played against him in arcade mode (my friend ChristianBMonkey had the same comment) I said "Step up Freezer!" but then after that gohan stepped up higher lol
#860  April 07, 2017, 03:03:59 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Hyper Dimension did some swell stage transitions.

but you cant really fall from the lookout to korins tower, korins tower has a roof for 1 lol, next there's the whole fact it is directly underneath. if you were knocked out of the lookout, you'd be to the sides of Korins stash and Yajirobe. and in the sky c: