YesNoOk

The box... you opened it, we came. (Read 9664 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, September 14, 2018, 01:24:35 am
Share this topic:
The box... you opened it, we came.
New #1  September 14, 2018, 01:24:35 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:13:05 pm by SiL3Nt J
Re: The box... you opened it, we came.
#2  September 14, 2018, 01:42:34 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
looks great so far... good luck with this project
#3  September 14, 2018, 07:35:24 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha thanks dude. Just made these. Thanks to txsnew for ripping the zombie sprites. If someone could get me the ones where they grab someone, would make that animation as well. For those of you who don't know, that's Julia from Hellraiser 2. Figured that she and Frank and the chains would be good projectiles. I will make Frank soon:

Also, just got these from Fighter's Generation. These were the only clean sprites of Geese that I could find. It's not enough to make a full character, but at least people can get an idea of where I'm going. The first 5 rows are his basic attacks. The others were just sprites I might use later for Frankenspriting. Was thinking for his walk animation, he could just float like Magneto:

Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:39:11 pm by SiL3Nt J
#4  September 14, 2018, 07:47:44 pm
    • USA
you are on such a roll!!!!! been wanting these sprites while, loving your work keep it up
#5  September 15, 2018, 12:47:23 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol thanks. I  need to take a break for a while, but here's Frank from the first movie:

#6  October 03, 2018, 02:37:33 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Did some editing on the Geese sprites. Next step is to re-color everything, then from there it will just be a matter of adding the details. Thought it would be a good way to kick off Halloween month:

#7  October 03, 2018, 03:45:52 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Very nice, hope to see some progress here, since Hellraiser 2 is my all time favorite movie.
Are you also planning to add some of the other cenobites from the first 2 movies as helpers?

Also it would be nice to give pinhead some kind of knife or other torture device as a weapon. Normal punshing doesn't fit for this character I guess.
Also kicks could be replaced by some chain attacks.
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#8  October 03, 2018, 06:26:33 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Maybe not as helpers, but maybe for one of his win poses. I already have Frank and Julia and the chains for projectiles. Was thinking the same thing about the chains though.

Here was what I had for his basic standing attacks:

LP - Straight Jab to the face
MP - Punch with the rear hand using chain
HP - A chain that comes out of his mouth (like Sentinel's crouching HP)

LK - Kick to the leg
MK - A punch where these two green vines with eyes on them come out of his hand (Hellraiser 3)
HK - Same as Iceman's standing heavy kick, except replace the ice with chains
#9  October 04, 2018, 01:37:30 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
nice, continue
#10  October 04, 2018, 11:51:31 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Testing...
#11  October 04, 2018, 11:53:29 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ok it's working, was giving me an error message. Started on the re-coloring. Was thinking he could have a move like Spiral's Dancing sword and one like Magneto's Magnetic Temptest but with the blue knives from the 3rd movie (pictured below). Also, recolored the creature from the 1st movie (not the 2nd one as originally thought).

Here it is, I'm exhausted, need to take a break:

^ Credits to Fighters Generation for the Spiral and Iceman sprites.
#12  October 06, 2018, 04:49:14 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Will post some ideas I had for moves later, but was thinking that maybe he could have a super like Felicia's "Please Help Me" where he throws the box on the ground, it rolls towards the opponent, then opens and light comes out, then if the light hit's the opponent, the Cenobite's appear and jump out at the opponent. If it connects, the screen turns black and hits like the Raging Demon. Would just have to change Eric Draven's "30 hours of pain" super if that happened. Like for his super, not have the screen turn black and just have hit marks appear on the opponent when he grabs them.

Just an idea.
#13  October 07, 2018, 03:31:42 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
A small update:

#14  October 07, 2018, 09:12:47 am
    • Canada
Pinhead is looking great so far. Good job on him and good luck on him and the Horror Project.
#15  October 09, 2018, 09:35:35 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dude, hope everyone enjoys. I was thinking, I really don't like the idea of him kicking either, so I re-thought his kicking animation. I don't mean to sound  lazy, but he is one of the few characters that could get away with not having lots of sprites or movements and still be bad ass. I'm going to milk that and the chains for all they are worth. There is so much that can be done with the chains. I was thinking he could have a special similar to Goenitz's 'vertical tornado' move where the chains quickly hit top to bottom. He could also have a move where he can call chains from any corner of the screen, and if they connect, the opponent is bounced off the corner and launched into the air, similar to Hugo's move in SF3 where he throws the opponent off the wall.

I was going to milk this animation as well. From left to right here is the description:

- Light punch
- Light kick
- Blocking animation
- Something that could be used in a special, such as when he sends Frank or Julia out.

Edited Julia, took away her shoes and fixed the hole in the pants. Also, made her shorter. Tried to make her look more like she does in the 2nd movie:

And now the box that you opened... ha... ha... ha.......

and an alternate version... haha ha.....

Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:43:09 pm by SiL3Nt J
#16  October 11, 2018, 12:24:56 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thought it was about time to make a sprite sheet and compile everything. Not sure if I like his "kicks" or not yet, but I think they are decent. I want to give him a death animation, a walk animation, and an animation for his supers next:

#17  October 11, 2018, 10:56:02 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Alright, kind of a big update. Added the shoes and added these. The first two are his walking backwards and forwards animations. I just kept it simple. The sprite at the end is actually one of the Cenobites. I was going to add her and the other two from the first two movies.

And here are the shoes. Going to add the details to these and maybe the Cenobites, then I'm taking a long break. Next update should be in Resource Releases and will continue there. I was thinking for the Cenobite super, the Chatterer and Butterball could run at the opponent from opposite sides of the screen, while the girl descends downward. Once they reach the opponent, they all start stabbing them. Or maybe the screen could just turn black and it could it like the raging demon.

#18  October 26, 2018, 06:16:55 pm
Thanks for bringing this horror movie chars to Mugen
#19  October 30, 2018, 10:11:43 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com