Posted by ermaccer in MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N! (Started by ermaccer September 20, 2019, 03:01:11 PM
Now I think that a free battle mode is possible.
This is a really cool update!
Some suggestions for future features:
1) A universal cmd file or the addition of more buttons. ex: qcb + start = tag command.
2) Mugen 1.1 has an input lag of 2 frames. Not sure if this can be fixed in the future with MugenHook.
3a) Customization of the ini file to force load another standard cns (similar to common1.cns) which wouldn't require editing each character. This could make universal tag mode or universal animated portraits possible.
3b) With the force load of another standard cns, perhaps the addition of another statedef that's constantly running in the background (similar to statedef -3). Statedef -4 and beyond.
4) Ability to select the stage in training based on the opponent you selected. (ex: selecting Ryu as your training opponent, you can press start to automatically have the stage select point to Ryu's assigned stage from the select def.)
5) Standardized command buffering (would probably require too much work upfront).
Well done, ermaccer! Kudos for making this possible!
Here's my feedback for future updates:
* Sliding portraits for the versus screen, like in (U)MK3 and MK4.
* After choosing the character, you can choose the color freely and expand the choices beyond the maximum limit of 12.
* Add the unlockable character slot function, complete with conditions.
[State 1000, TagTest]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = teammode = tag
value = 4,0
I want to colaborate with Mugenhook project, I have nice ideas can expand Mugen a little more
I was studying the developing of Mugenhook and ASI plugin, but the thing is ASI plugin are thinked for GTA games but, if I want to develop a ASI plugin for mugen, how settings do I need in the plugin SDK for mugen?
Because I want to add LibOPNMIDI and Tinysoundfont to mugen for adding MIDI arcade nostalgia
And other questión, its posible to add Winmugen the ASI plugin toó?
Thanks in advance
Why not make it in easier? WHY download something MORE also?
I know, you try keep your files so small at possible... but ...
What i seen, all hasnt SAME long animations... or even same after all...
Example, some if you throw hem just dissapear or KFM show self...
Some at just... change colors.
Sorry, I'll rephrase my original feature request:
Ability to specify life recovery in Turns mode by either % of the character's life value in constants.cns, or an exact amount (as in lifeadd sctrlr)
I have a few questions.
- Is it possible to fix some problems in 1.1 that were not present in 1.0? Such as sound fx cut-off during transition from a screen to another (for example, from the menu to the character select), portraits not sharing palette with the char in lifebars, etc.
- Is it possible to make character intros unskippable? Just make it so you HAVE to wait until the characters have finished their intros.
- Also unskippable versus / winquote screens, or at least an amount of time that you have to wait before being able to skip it?
Made some quick tests :
- Animation doesn't work if a sprite is "linked to" another (blank sprites), I had to point to the original indexed sprite in the air file. (Fighter Factory Classic helped with that)
- I think the tool is case sensitive : Some air files needed to be formated (ex Action with A work, not with lowercased first letter). (notepad++ helped too)
- Some issues with palettes (Fighter Factory has an option to apply the good palette to sprites)
As I said, this is a very promising tool.
Nice extension man.Well, you can define global animation by defining one line only, as it uses first available entry if none is specified. You'd stilll have wrong animations playing as it would read specific .air file.
Its possible to set global animations for the portraits? Like instead of defining animations for each character, just define a default one since most of the characters use the same animation number for the win animation. Other than that it would be good to have a option to use the default mugen cursor sounds together with a custom sound or just use the default sounds+the animations since bHookAnimatedPortraits rely on bHookCursorTable to work.
Are there any plans to do so in future updates?
In other words, is it impossible to display different animations for each character by randomselect?
This is really good!!!
It is possible a pause menu interface(movelist, options, etc)?
Is bringing back the FreqMul sctrl possible?
Sliding effect is certainly possible, I have figured an effective way to do so, stay tuned. I do not read alpha, pos and loopstart/end from .air files, so the alpha thing might not be possible.
Edit: My turn now. Is it possible to add a sorta sliding effect to the portraits? Similar to SF4 and some other games, the portrait slides into the screen and stops in the right position. Would be also cool a fading effect, thought I think this is possible doing in the animation, playing with alpha and setting the time to -1 when the portrait is fully visible.
tyvm, this is great
i also think it'd be better if the 9000,1 sprite appear behind the anim
but you already say no need to overdo, so ...
does the "e - Select Animation" supposed to be loop or not?
i can't make it loop
thanks again, i'll be using this
be able to set different animations scales, for your characters
- The default big port combined with the Animated one over it.
Alternate characters switching (ryu, evil ryu, violent ryu etc.)That's coming as variations. Figured out it will be faster to just read selected palette option and adjust character based on that instead of reading user input.
If I could make a suggestion - ability to adjust the amount of life gain for turns mode.
eg. would like to be able to specify 50% life gain for whatever it currently is
hope this makes sense
only thing i've encountered is that you'll have to move the portrait position in the system.def which he stated in the tutorial lol
otherwise using the scale code and all that good stuff in the system.def still works for this
A question i do have, is it possible to show P1 and his partner after selecting first fighter during simul/Tag?
I get this error:
Latest version of MugenHook, latest version of x86 Ultimate ASI Loader, both placed in the root directory of MUGEN 1.1b.
it works but I don't understand why stances animation doesn't appear :/
how do I enable 3v3 tags??
- Having a frameLoader thing for each character like the Animated ports.
- Having P2's teammode change during arcade mode, for example, having a Single character as a boss after Tag/Simul matches.
- Adding new keys which combine the defaults key like for example, x+a.
- Have the string changes expand out to the normal Options screen.
- Recode the anim selection for the Animated ports, some characters' anims, most notably the stance use anims in the wrong order, unless I use the workarounds mentioned on your wiki.
- No portraits or name appear on the versus screen if I change the amount of characters in Simul mode.
This sounds pretty awesome. I'll test it out this weekend.Can't access system.sff in memory yet (guess that's where images would be kept, to save on loading all stages .sff), so can't say anything at this moment.
Suggestion: What about an Image stage selector, since the only way now is via custom fonts, which only allows for limited stages.