YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 752185 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#721  August 14, 2019, 09:08:51 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
Time for the long awaited check up
How have updates and life been so far?

The new moves of Mewtwo, Hitmontop, and Snorlax are complete. The status "Attract" is complete, I just need to add the appropriate effects to highlight it better.

Expect this update to come by the end of tomorrow (00:00 AM UTC+0). Update is here, see below:

Update to Project Catch-em All Beta 5

Here's a quick list as to what is added:

*General System*

1. Infatuation has been implemented to the game. Because of this, Jigglypuff's relevant Ability has been updated to reflect this change. (Clefable's will come at a later update.)

Infatuation halves the victim's Special Attack in the same method as Burn, but is not a major status ailment. Thus, it can stack with Burn to have both physical and special attack mitigation. The status lasts for 5 turns.

*Pokemon*

1. Hitmontop's Triple Kick is replaced with Aerial Ace.
2. Snorlax's Strength is replaced with Heavy Slam.
3. Mewtwo's Psycho Cut is replaced with Shock Wave.

This requires an engine update, so use this link to update the relevant files in the system, which is the same as the last update file's location from updating Shedinja: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jcc9wjyi4nyaygb/Pokemon_Project_Catch_em_All-update.rar

On another note, it's taking a long time to see new updates for the game, huh? Because of this, I've decided to try and bring a new update to the game at least once every two weeks at the latest. This is just to get me to do more for this project, even if it's just adding more characters or stages, because I feel that it's unfair to keep you lot waiting for something new to happen for the game.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:58:09 am by Txpot
#722  August 18, 2019, 01:41:20 am
    • Barbados
Tested out the new update a little, YAY
and the idea of a more frequent update, i cant wait to CATCH 'EM All :D
#723  August 19, 2019, 11:52:09 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Nice, looking forwards to more updates! Also, just wondering, any more critisism on Partner Eevee? What should I work on next with that character? I'll also try to get some work done on Sableye soon, and if I really feel motivated enough maybe I'll fix up MissingNo. too
#724  August 24, 2019, 02:36:49 am
    • UK
Also, just wondering, any more critisism on Partner Eevee? What should I work on next with that character?

Partner Eevee is good to go as-is. Unless you feel the need to change a move or something, the character will be added to the game.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#725  August 29, 2019, 05:35:33 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Quick question, how would I change the state that Knock Off is set to depending on whether the enemy's item variable (variable 21) is 0 or not? I've tried a couple things but can't get it to work.
#726  August 29, 2019, 05:57:50 pm
    • UK
Quick question, how would I change the state that Knock Off is set to depending on whether the enemy's item variable (variable 21) is 0 or not? I've tried a couple things but can't get it to work.

Referencing the code of a W.I.P character, you would use this in Statedef -2, replacing ## with your chosen variable:

Code:
[State VarSet];Knock Off Activator
type = VarSet
triggerall = enemynear,teammode != simul
triggerall = numenemy >= 1
trigger1 = enemynear,var(20) <= 0
trigger2 = enemynear,var(20) = [1,5]
trigger2 = enemynear,var(21) >= 11
v = ##
value = 1

[State VarSet];Knock Off Activator
type = VarSet
triggerall = enemynear,teammode = simul
trigger1 = enemy(0),var(20) <= 0
trigger2 = enemy(0),var(20) = [1,5]
trigger2 = enemy(0),var(21) >= 11
trigger3 = enemy(1),var(20) <= 0
trigger4 = enemy(1),var(20) = [1,5]
trigger4 = enemy(1),var(21) >= 11
v = ##
value = 1

[State VarSet];Knock Off Deactivator
type = VarSet
triggerall = enemynear,teammode != simul
trigger1 =  enemynear,var(20) = [1,5]
trigger1 =  enemynear,var(21) <= 10
trigger2 =  enemynear,var(20) >= 8
v = ##
value = 0

[State VarSet];Knock Off Deactivator
type = VarSet
triggerall = enemynear,teammode = simul
trigger1 =  enemy(0),var(21) <= 10 && enemy(0),var(20) = [1,5]
trigger1 =  enemy(1),var(21) <= 10 && enemy(1),var(20) = [1,5]
trigger2 =  enemy(0),var(20) >= 8 && enemy(1),var(20) >= 8
v = ##
value = 0

To turn on, the code detects whether your enemy has either used a held item, or has not used an item yet. To turn off. the code detects whether the enemy has used a consumable item. In the case of Simul, BOTH opponents need to have used a consumable item for this to turn off, otherwise it's always on. Hope it helps!

#727  August 29, 2019, 06:46:56 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Wow thank you that was a huge help, Knock Off is now functional! And also thanks for the quick reply too. I've still got to come up with and add a few more palettes for Sableye but after that I can release the first version, so I'll get to doing that soon.

EDIT: I've added the palettes, so here is the first playable build for Sableye. I'm sure there is room for improvement but let me know what you think.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6k7lhwcvvdqfv67/Sableye.zip
Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:16:34 pm by poiuygfd
#728  August 29, 2019, 11:05:39 pm
    • UK
EDIT: I've added the palettes, so here is the first playable build for Sableye. I'm sure there is room for improvement but let me know what you think.

1. Shadow Sneak's red collision box is incredibly small. Floating characters may completely dodge the attack without actually doing anything if their collision box is small enough off the ground.

2a. Will-O-Wisp has an incredibly short range of attack. If the enemy is too far away, they won't be hit by it unless they move forward at any time within the battle.
b. The flame can hit multiple opponents, but can only cause Burn to one opponent per attack. This can also include the already-burned opponent shielding others by getting in the way of its intended target.
c. The flame can be hit by other projectiles. If that happens, a clone of Sableye will appear instead of the flame.

3a. Power Gem's projectiles have a huge collision box that cannot be stopped at all due to not having a blue collision box to trade hits with other projectiles.
b. In addition, Sableye leaves the attack state before the third projectile hits the foe. This means that the last two projectiles won't benefit from the boosted damage from a critical hit.

4. The "whoosh" sound comes after the "hit" sound from Knock Off, hitting the opponent before the "whoosh" swipe begins.

EDIT: Update is here, see below:

Update to Project Catch-em All Beta 5 (2)

Here's a quick list as to what is added:

*General System*

1.Reduced the time it takes for the animation of the "splash screen" (disappearing cubes) to disappear upon entering a battle by 30%. This also means that intros to a battle can be make quicker, although this hasn't happened yet. The original animation is in the same file, should anyone wish to change it to the original.

*Pokemon*

1. Partner Eevee is added to the game.

This requires an engine update, so use this link to update the relevant files in the system: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jcc9wjyi4nyaygb/Pokemon_Project_Catch_em_All-update.rar

Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:34:44 pm by Txpot
#729  August 30, 2019, 12:23:32 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Nice, a new update. I appreciate the speed increase, and its nice to see another of my creations officially in the game. By the way, I was looking in the updates text document, and it says that a boss Pokemon was added to the game, but it doesn't appear that anything new actually was added, so is this a mistake?

Also here is the next version of Sableye, hopefully fixing the issues pointed out before https://www.mediafire.com/file/i6dqemxwqfkh1xc/Sableye.zip
edit: typo and grammar fix
#730  August 30, 2019, 02:24:30 am
    • UK
By the way, I was looking in the updates text document, and it says that a boss Pokemon was added to the game, but it doesn't appear that anything new actually was added, so is this a mistake?

Ha! I just realised this right after uploading the update, and thought I could get away with it by omitting that in the post.

Yes, there was going to be a new boss to be completed in time for today, but I was distracted by family things and I had three moves still needed to be completed. Hopefully I can get it done on the next batch.

Also here is the next version of Sableye, hopefully fixing the issues pointed out before

Alright, it's good enough for the game, barring the usual additions of extra sounds and its abilities.

I also found out that the update file is starting to get too big. Maybe if the file size becomes 70MB or more, I'll merge the update with the full game so you don't have to download a huge update file every time.

#731  August 30, 2019, 02:12:22 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Thats fair, sometimes there is things that can't be helped. By the way, I was making plans to start work on a Meloetta boss myself, but before I do that I better be sure the boss you are creating isn't Meloetta otherwise there would be no point.
#732  August 30, 2019, 04:47:49 pm
    • UK
By the way, I was making plans to start work on a Meloetta boss myself, but before I do that I better be sure the boss you are creating isn't Meloetta otherwise there would be no point.
Yeah, you got it right first try!

I'm not planning on any other boss that doesn't need a full sprite sheet though, so choose any one of those that have a sheet already made and go for it!

#733  August 30, 2019, 05:05:27 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Well thats a shame, as I've already gotten some work on it done in terms of attempting to create form changing with Relic Song, but at least I'm not that far in yet. Instead, I may try to work on the Rotom character I mentioned a while back, or maybe try my hands at a different boss like Victini instead.
#734  August 31, 2019, 08:35:06 pm
    • UK
Well thats a shame, as I've already gotten some work on it done in terms of attempting to create form changing with Relic Song, but at least I'm not that far in yet. Instead, I may try to work on the Rotom character I mentioned a while back, or maybe try my hands at a different boss like Victini instead.

Sorry about earlier. It's just that sometimes I get bored with the characters on my list of things to create, and I deviate from that to work on something new/fresh.

As something to make amends, here is a version of Rotom I made way back when Alexei was still working on the game. It uses Volt Switch to change between random forms (Appliances). Though it can be played, the creation is completely incompatible with this version of the game; the point of this is to learn from its code as to how it does the form change, and how "wild" you can be with designing a character:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9946urbmci8us5l/Rotom.rar

#735  September 01, 2019, 12:55:32 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Don't worry about it, I'm not too worried about that. I've already started work on a new character that is most likely going to be terrible but has a fun gimmick that I'm working on, though thanks for that Rotom character as I was wondering how i could incorporate the various appliance forms into its kit. I'll likely try to work on Rotom as well as the character I'm currently working on as it could take a while to fully complete.
#736  September 09, 2019, 01:40:06 am
    • Barbados
Im so glad to be seeing more updates and more pokemon and features :D
looking foward to testing, exploring and watching
Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:22:33 am by DimG
#737  September 09, 2019, 02:05:05 am
    • Barbados
#738  September 15, 2019, 09:27:35 pm
  • Shadow characters are too edgy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • USA
I'm kinda confused because I've been gone for so long. But it seems the next update is out so I'm gonna try it out! Edit: Wait, wasn't Sableye already a character before? I'm pretty sure that this is just a resprite, right? Also this update is great.
Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:54:36 pm by Supremeboy74
#739  September 17, 2019, 07:44:02 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
I don't know if Sableye was in a really old version of this game, or maybe you're thinking of Spiritomb, but my Sableye isn't a resprite. Also i know i haven't been active in a short while, I'm starting uni again soon so and the character I'm working on is taking quite some time, I'll try to get some more work done soon.
#740  October 06, 2019, 06:25:47 pm
    • Barbados
Just out of boredom, can squirtle be updated once more? i still have no skill to do it myself