YesNoOk

Who do you look up to in the Mugen community? (Read 12026 times)

Started by Sinnesloschen, December 20, 2013, 02:34:17 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Who do you look up to in the Mugen community?
#61  April 18, 2015, 04:57:00 AM
Cyanide.
#62  April 18, 2015, 05:04:35 AM
  • YAMETEKURE!!!
    • USA
    • Willfrey74@Gmail.com
    • Skype - Zenofsouls
I really look up to Diepod and SxVector. I could only hope to be as good an artist as Diepod and SxVectors screenpacks are fucking beautiful!
#63  April 24, 2015, 05:25:17 PM
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Cybaster, Kamekaze and XGargoyle.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#64  April 24, 2015, 06:37:36 PM
  • SNK is life
I look up to my nigga Thedge, one truly brave KOF spriter, he sprites like not afraid of anything. Also Ironmugen, my very own muse for many years, who always marched at the beat of his own old school drum. Dark Saviour, who was always eager to help and teach, a great guy. My great buddies Koops and Vans, who always demand the very best of themselves, and are always looking for an honest good challenge to push the Mugens' boundaries.

Shout outs to Rolento, who found it in his heart to help me fix that garbage Reiji by Shinriyo, and for taking my Suave Dude commish. Also mh77 who helped me code that MGS Heliport stage I was so stoked about a few years back.

Much love to all the spriters roaming the Mugens these days, keeping MFG interesting for the rest of us: Felo, Dampir, Ink, Judas, Zero de Armentis, Chamat, CVSNB, Chuchoryu and obviously our very own champions: Balthazar, Diepod and last but not least, SeanAltly. Also, if I ever leave these places, I can leave satisfied, knowing that Alex Sinigaglia's got this, he's doing everything to help keep the standards up with constructive feedback, which is pretty much all I can aspire to do these days, but he does it better.

Big salutes to the people I've made sprites for over the years, with their interesting projects, like Orochi Herman's Orochi, OrochiKOF97's Igniz, Jesuszilla (who is also a great friend) who made that Andy Bogard, Nio who I worked with a bit on Lien Neville, and MadKat who made that cool KOFEX2 Boss Stage I loved so much I had to retouch. Also, thanks for being so gdlk at paletting, Mr Sabockee. And big holla at Goodaldo for being such a great palette enthusiast.

POTS I miss your shennanigans, Cybaster thanks for coding them Z2 charas that are so sweet, Renzo you're an adorable moron, and I think your name is cool as fuck, Insanius thanks for all the hacking of the gaems, same with Hoshi. Reu, wherever you are, you were a great inspiration for me to come and try to be a more creative guy.

:)

Love you guys, that's why I keep coming back everyday. This mugens is my gaming nirvana, my very own Outer Heaven
#65  April 24, 2015, 06:44:33 PM
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
My introduction to Mugen was through Evil Ken by Reu, and I have to say, he was so damn talented, it inspired me to try and do some creative things with Mugen, as well. I also took a lot of inspiration from Zero-Sennin! I told all my friends about his Project LENSMAN game (and have actually tried it), and constantly look back to it over and over to kinda figure out where I sit on my own project.

Other than that, I'm pretty new and not very active yet, so I don't really know anyone else, but I'm sure there's tons more people I could look up to!
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#66  April 24, 2015, 07:21:46 PM
    • Canada

People who make characters who aren't just POTS clones (seriously make your characters off some other template for once, and no matter what do to divert from POTS... it's still going to be a POTS style character)

and also people who can code worth a damn.
#67  April 24, 2015, 08:28:47 PM
  • it's me
  • Maybe something different
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
    • cowabungamugenteam.weebly.com
Ricepigeon, I mean the guy knows a lot about games and has solid coding. That's enough of a reason.
#68  April 24, 2015, 08:29:53 PM
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
Rice and Dan, they know more than I ever would.
#69  May 09, 2015, 11:13:32 PM
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico
[E] and Bea
Because they are never sick.