YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 320417 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy MegaThread
#681  March 05, 2020, 03:48:10 AM
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Red XIII will only be a guest for certain sections and not a fully playable character. They wanted to spread out his character arc and give him time to develop.

That's a bit of a let down, but understandable.  He doesn't show up until right before the party escapes from Midgar, which is where the first part of the remake ends IIRC.  May as well hold off on fully implementing him until players actually have a decent opportunity to use him.
#682  March 05, 2020, 09:52:40 AM
what mode were you playing in? because when I open the battle menu whatever during a fight it slows down the actual fight itself. You didn't have enough time to choose then? The targeting thing I noticed too, was very easy to lose a lock on.
That was when I was trying to use the command shortcuts. And when I used the menus, I fumbled around between having to exit the menu, deal a couple more attacks to charge an atb bar (and block or dodge something), then reopen the menu. It's a lot of things to pay attention to, even with the slowdown - and it's a lot of different button inputs to keep up with at high speed when you're not in slowdown. And honestly, even in slowdown, it's easy to not know which button does what at a glance, so unless you look at everything carefully between every single button press, you can still mess up.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:57:17 AM by Byakko
#683  March 05, 2020, 05:04:04 PM
  • [E]
    • Mexico

Took a run at the demo. Man, that's kinda scary. Between trying to pull off some moves to realize that your atb gauge doesn't quite have one level available yet, making sure the boss in't shooting at you (as if you would have the time to react to bullets), wondering if the other character you're not currently controlling has anything good to pull off with their atb gauge or if they're just doing their basic attack, not deciding fast enough if I should block or dodge an incoming attack... Things go really fast in battle, I died to the scorpion boss once. I'm gonna have to pause with the command menu pretty often. And it doesn't help that I kept fumbling between Cloud's and Barret's menu without being sure where I was going in the menus with which trigger button.
That pressure got me panicking around those menus a couple times. I really don't blame anyone for demanding a classic mode.

That sounds hot AF. makes me want to play the game.
#684  March 05, 2020, 06:10:37 PM
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
what mode were you playing in? because when I open the battle menu whatever during a fight it slows down the actual fight itself. You didn't have enough time to choose then? The targeting thing I noticed too, was very easy to lose a lock on.
That was when I was trying to use the command shortcuts. And when I used the menus, I fumbled around between having to exit the menu, deal a couple more attacks to charge an atb bar (and block or dodge something), then reopen the menu. It's a lot of things to pay attention to, even with the slowdown - and it's a lot of different button inputs to keep up with at high speed when you're not in slowdown. And honestly, even in slowdown, it's easy to not know which button does what at a glance, so unless you look at everything carefully between every single button press, you can still mess up.

Yea I understand the button mix up that happens to me too. Didn't feel overwhelmed by the menus though. I think it's something you can improve on in time
#685  April 04, 2020, 03:27:37 AM

They're trying real hard to bury the lead about how much of the original game we're getting in this part 1...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.