YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 728464 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1861  January 16, 2020, 03:36:21 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
For what it's worth, we got a Cuphead Gunner lol. Really good on their devs for such exposure.
#1862  January 16, 2020, 03:38:31 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
This guy was gonna take up a DLC slot whether you like it or not.

But hey, Assassin Creed and Cuphead as costumes.
#1863  January 16, 2020, 03:44:44 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
#1864  January 16, 2020, 03:46:48 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Count me in the pile of those who are disappointed too with the choice...

Thankfully, there will be 6 more characters entering the game between now and December 2021. This way, the chances for disappointment should be slim.

Oh, and the song for the Cuphead costume should of been either Hi-Seas Hijinx or Murine Corps. That is all.
#1865  January 16, 2020, 03:48:11 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Nobody expects the Fire Emblem Inquisition!

But in all seriousness, that's a disappointing reveal. I guess it's why nobody hit the mark for who it would be.

But yeah, Altair and Cuphead as costumes. Neat. (Maybe an actual Ezio as an actual fighter, maybe? Since they only specify ALTAIR, not the series as a whole?)

Also 6 more fighters on the way? Very neat.
#1866  January 16, 2020, 03:50:29 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Remember when Sakurai said they couldn't put Rex in because XB2 was new? Three Houses was literally just released. What a liar.
#1867  January 16, 2020, 03:53:11 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Another Fire Emblem character? Cuphead and X are just Mii costumes?
Definitely the worst reveal, what a fuckin' disappointment. :(

Remember when Sakurai said they couldn't put Rex in because XB2 was new? Three Houses was literally just released. What a liar.

Exactly. What a joke... :mwhy:
#1868  January 16, 2020, 03:56:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Okay, *ahem...*

I'm tired of this pretty young protagonist supremacy!!!

Sorry, I just can't... these fucking Kirito lookalikes are killing me slowly, now. :wall:

At least this direct reminded me that Street Fighter 2 is indeed a great game, so I'm gonna play some Dhalsim and then do something else. Won't post anymore bullshit here;

Happy new decade everyone, btw! :thumbsup:
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:24:54 am by NDSilva
#1869  January 16, 2020, 04:06:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And so the final Fighter Pass character drops with all the aplomb of a dead fish hitting the pavement as four exciting and unexpected representatives from legendary and iconic series are followed up with yet another sword wielding Fire Emblem protagonist.

I mean, no shade against Byleth in particular but WOW what an absolute hype killer.
#1870  January 16, 2020, 04:09:17 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
What a disappointing way to end the first fighters pass? Who wanted this, huh? I've never seen a smash direct that never disappointed me until now!

And so the final Fighter Pass character drops with all the aplomb of a dead fish hitting the pavement as four exciting and unexpected representatives from legendary and iconic series are followed up with yet another sword wielding Fire Emblem protagonist.

I mean, no shade against Byleth in particular but WOW what an absolute hype killer.

not to mention their swords remind me of ivy valentine from soul calibur where the sword can extend within reach and also act like a grappling hook on the edge of the stage like the two samuses, simon and richter
#1871  January 16, 2020, 05:23:40 pm
    • Canada
This makes me sick...
#1872  January 16, 2020, 05:43:16 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Huh, that’s certainly a surprise.
#1873  January 16, 2020, 06:44:51 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Another freaking anime swordfighter, huh?

This has to be the first direct I've ever gotten disappointed from. The least I was asking for is a SwSh rep like Cinderace or Inteleon, but even then my low expectations still let me down.

This ruined my whole day. Thank god I chose not to buy the $25USD Fighter's Pass, because that'd be $10 already wasted for me (I didn't get Hero and I'm definitely not getting Byleth, nor do I give a shit about them).
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:52:02 pm by Joey S.
#1874  January 16, 2020, 06:48:10 pm
    • Brazil
Wow, talk about a trash reveal. Would have been better if they showed nothing at all, Fire Emblem already has lots of characters in Smash, why bring another instead of an actually interesting character from one of the many franchises they could pick from? Even an obscure character would be more exciting than this.
#1875  January 16, 2020, 06:51:06 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK

Wasnt that for the base roster though? He never mentioned DLC at that point.

But yeah. Another FE rep. woo
Nothing against Byleth because at least she seems like a much better char then fucking Corrin lmao but still.

6 more chars left. Bring them on
#1876  January 16, 2020, 06:55:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
No joke, I’m legitimately more excited to get that Cuphead costume and music than Byleth.  It’s Terry and Sans all over again.
#1877  January 16, 2020, 07:06:29 pm
  • For honor!
Honestly as much as I like Sans I found Terry to be the more exciting part of that reveal but that's just me growing up off of Neo Geo cabinets being in every bowling alley and pizza place back in my day.
Iroha stripped for me
#1878  January 16, 2020, 07:18:56 pm
    • Brazil
I never played SNK games that much (only cared about them after MUGEN entered my life), but I still recognized and was excited by Terry's reveal. This guy is just meh, what are we to expect from the next 6? Mario, Zelda and Pokémon? Honestly, I'd still be more excited for those franchises to get more characters than Fire Emblem, but even then, I'd prefer franchises that don't have that much representation or don't have anything at all.
#1879  January 16, 2020, 07:33:33 pm
    • Mexico
God damn it, fuck FE. What a way to drop the consistency on a great dlc season. Going out with a weakly poof instead of a bang.
#1880  January 16, 2020, 07:43:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
as for the stage itself, it's good. it's basically like castle siege from brawl but the platform takes you to another place.