YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734674 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1941  January 25, 2020, 07:47:40 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Is Toxtricity being pushed enough to be the next Lucario, though? I'm genuinely asking; other than actually playing the game I've been steering clear of Pokemon stuff in general (ironically enough, due to all the toxicity) so I don't know who's coming out as the face of this gen.

I know both Greninja and Incineroar made it in because Sakurai had reserved a spot for "a Pokemon from the most recent game" and picked them afterward because they had the most potential for unique Smash movesets, so maybe Toxtricity has a shot, but IDK how likely it actually is.
#1942  January 25, 2020, 08:20:02 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Of course if it is him, then people will probably start joking about how both Crash and Spyro managed to get in.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1943  January 25, 2020, 08:22:19 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Too early to tell, however it has been the most viewed Pokemon out of all the reps even more so than the Dragonite of Gen 8 Dragapult, and Cinderace.  Currrently the "face" of Gen 8 is Scorbunny, thanks to the current anime putting more focus into it yet it's Gou's partner.  However, it's a spirit alongside the other starters.

You can bet Toxtricity's pre-evo Toxel is bound to be Ash's new partner leading up to a big push.  Funny enough both Greninja and Incineroar were a part of Ash's team in the final episodes of their respective seasons.

I'd say I welcome our punk overlord.  Personally, I'd rather have him than another starter, even tho Sceptile would be just as great.
#1944  January 25, 2020, 08:57:10 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
But Ash's Torracat evolved in the second to final episode of the season also, when it became Incineroar it was out cold but on its feet and we never got to see its battling capabilities. If it's not a Gen 8 starter that'll take the spot, it's either Obstagoon or Toxtricity but more likely Toxtricity because of its personality and its currently unreleased G-Max form, where it yields an electric guitar made entirely from Gigantamax Energy.

I'm waiting for Byleth to come out so I can get their voice clips and release an update of the Hurt and KO sounds compilation video, in which the current one surprisingly got over 12K views on YouTube.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1945  January 25, 2020, 10:54:47 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
To me it's gonna be Klonoa.
Because Ultimate needs more Namco reps.
If this game got 3 Capcom reps, 3 Konami reps, 2 Square Enix reps and 2 Sega reps, why not another rep from Namco?
Since there's now other 6 empty slots, he might even get a chance.
This is fate.
#1946  January 25, 2020, 11:17:55 pm
    • USA
Anyone else notice a bit of a bug with the new spirits event?  The numbering is off.  In the inventory, Lappy is spirit #1379 but then right next to that Kunio is listed as #1394.  Maybe the Byleth and Three Houses spirits were supposed to come first but somebody fucked up.
#1947  January 26, 2020, 12:49:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Literally the only attention to Toxicitry I've seen is it being the logo of one of the prominent anti-Sword/Shield voices calling out Game Freak on their lies.  First I'm hearing it's that popular just for the pokemon itself.  I thought people liked the evil Gardevoir with the Mickey Mouse hat.  And/or are turned on by it being an evil Gardevoir with a witch hat that's also masochistic, I dunno, I knew to stay far away from the pokemon fanbase years ago for how horny it was and Game Freak tending to obliging to their fetishes.  I mean, they gave the shikigami pokemon a wedding dress mega evolution for both genders for some reason.  So maybe I'm just out of touch with what's popular with the fanbase outside discussing why Game Freak is literal Satan lately.  Which this reminds me though of the leak prior to Smash Ultimate's release around the time echoes were announced supposedly leaking Gardevoir being in with a Gothitelle echo because Japan apparently really liked Gothitelle in the popularity polls at some point?

Which frankly, yeah, I'd still take that addition, not that I hold any illusions at it being a reality as future DLC.  But Hatterene seemed like the most prominent non-starter, legendary or main/side character adjacent pokemon from generation 8, outside the game's PR shoving Wooloo down your throat for months.  I'd suppose Toxicitry could work find in Smash, but it's not a particularly interesting pick from the generation personally.  Heck, its one note to fame is playing it's....flabs of fat(?) as a literal electric guitar.  Dante could do that and exceedingly more-so as a character moveset.

I'd hope in getting that grass starter into Smash they really don't go with Rillaboom, it's just so god damn plain and uninterestingly designed and would much rather Sceptile, but I suspect if any of the starters get in it would be it. 
Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:52:19 am by Long John Killer
#1948  January 26, 2020, 06:04:56 am
    • Brazil
Rillaboom seems like the logical choice for a Gen 8 Starter, because he would be the grass-type starter to complement Greninja's water-type and Incineroar's fire-type, I don't think they would add any Pokémon beyond the starters, I don't know why people are bringing Toxtricity up (whose name is being spelled wrong by some people here), because I don't really see him anywhere at all, if we were to look at prominence, the most logical one should be Corviknight, and even then, I doubt he would be placed over a starter, or the legendary wolves.
#1949  January 26, 2020, 06:14:00 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well the wolves are out of the question since they're spirits.
#1950  January 27, 2020, 01:34:22 am
    • USA
Of course, there's always the Gen 8 rep that would be objectively the best choice, but that none of us have done enough good on this earth to deserve.

#1951  January 27, 2020, 08:50:20 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#1952  January 27, 2020, 10:14:03 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Honestly I think that Grimmsnarl could have been a pretty epic choice. Fairy and Dark? Awesome.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1953  January 29, 2020, 03:33:04 am
    • USA
New patch is live, Byleth is out.  He's... alright.  Closer to Ike than any other FE character in that he hits hard and he's slow as fuck.

I did really like how the theme of his classic mode is just "boy, there sure is a shitload of Fire Emblem in this game, huh?"
#1954  January 29, 2020, 03:33:58 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Byleth's not as bad. Cool victory theme and got some sick tracks for the FE stages. I also like the big buffs Samus and Dark Samus received. Also... what's with everyone getting shield size increases?

I did really like how the theme of his classic mode is just "boy, there sure is a shitload of Fire Emblem in this game, huh?"

Did you also forget that both hands kill ALL your allies as soon as the fight starts?
Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:34:17 am by DarkWolf13
#1955  January 29, 2020, 12:59:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I don't like how Byleth's down B is basically superior to Warlock Punch in every way that matters.

Also... what's with everyone getting shield size increases?

Working around the shield poking issue without actually getting rid of shield poking. You'll notice a few characters also got positional/intangibility changes in regards to their shielding animations in addition to the shield size buff.

#1956  January 29, 2020, 04:25:19 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Did the story mode with Byleth, and a 3v3 fight.

I think Byleth is ok. I don't care too much about the character itself.
I bought it for having a complete roster, and I don't think Byleth is bad or a waste of slot, and I will probably come around to enjoy them, like every other Smash character, but out of all DLC in Pack 1 I must say Terry Bogard is my favourite to play. Banjo is of course the one that got me most hype, and I think Joker is pretty decent. Hero is a bit too technical to just have fun with, and Byleth is more an Ike than any other FE which is not bad, a decent fighter.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#1957  February 06, 2020, 05:05:37 am
    • USA
An early translation of Sakurai's latest Famitsu column sheds some light on his own personal feelings about Byleth's inclusion.

If the translation is accurate, Sakurai himself acknowledges that there are too many Fire Emblem characters on the roster but the decision to include them is made by Nintendo, not by himself or anyone on his staff.  He also seems to admit that he feels there are too many sword users in Smash, which is why Byleth has so many different weapons with different properties; If he had to include a character he knew nothing about and wasn't particularly enthusiastic to work with, he was at least going to make every effort to make sure they were as unique as possible.
#1958  February 06, 2020, 12:12:25 pm
    • Brazil
That makes a Gen 8 Pokémon even more of a possibility, then, they would want to advertise the latest Pokémon games just as they're doing with Fire Emblem.
#1959  February 13, 2020, 01:51:10 pm
    • USA
#1960  February 13, 2020, 07:25:08 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
This is pretty cool.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.