YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs (Read 11697 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 PM
Share this topic:
Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#1  September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 PM
    • Colombia
Hello everyone!

This tread is for reporting bugs with any active Ikemen GO branch and also keeping a index of know bugs in a neat list.

What versions we could report?
The versions of Ikemen GO that we accept bug reports are:
Gacel's fork: https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO
Neat Unsou's fork: https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
[K4thos fork (Ikemen GO plus): https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus

Ikemen Plus is a whole different application written in a different programming language and their bugs should not be reported there.

Were I can get updated executables?
You can get the latest build from:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
If it does not aparear is probably uploading a new version so wait 30 min.

If you want to update use the "Binaries_only" zip.

How to report bugs
- You should include the crash log if Ikemen GO fails to open or abruptly closes. (Found inside the Ikemen..txt file)
- If it's a crash caused by a char also include what char were you using.
- Inform of  the Current OS used. (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc)
- If is related to a feature not working properly please inform on what char does it happens.
- If a stage does not display properly please give the info on the stage used.

Know bugs
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Missing features from Mugen / S-SiZe Ikemen

There are some exploits with ReversalDef, AssertToClipboard and DisplayToClipboard that does not work on Ikemen GO. This is intentional.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:27:08 PM by Gacel
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#2  September 09, 2019, 11:33:19 PM
  • The Quality Assurance Boy
    • UK

>Animated portraits only work on windows.
I don't seem to be getting them on Windows 10.

Also I mentioned in the normal thread that Infinite's SVK Characters (Available here in Infinite-edits: onedrive.live.com/?id=B2DC6A83E2E5BC77%21112&cid=B2DC6A83E2E5BC77) have their super afterimages remain active after supers, and they only go away if they jump, for example.
#3  September 09, 2019, 11:39:11 PM
    • Colombia
You need Mugen's command line files.
It creates folder where all sprites from a char are extracted and it uses a lot of HDD space.

I really do not recommend using it. It was made for the original S-SIZE Ikemen in mind and really needs a rewrite.

Also I added the Infinite's SVK Characters bug it to the list.

EDIT:
Okay update on the bug.
It seems that it uses AfterImageTime to set the timer to 1 once it finish the special but for some reason it does not work.
I'll try to replicate it on a KFM edit.
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:21:53 AM by Gacel
#4  September 10, 2019, 12:25:52 AM
  • Glorious Bastard
  • Halfway between both negatives
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
As I mentioned here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2445846

There's an issue with the modified command buffer that I noticed after successfully backporting it to SSZ, wherein a character that has a double-tap input (dash, hop, etc.) will inconsistently perform them with a single tap. At first I thought I'd messed something up, but I encountered the issue in GO as well, so the issue lies with those modifications.
3DS FC: 0516 - 7483 - 3564
Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  September 12, 2019, 08:29:54 AM
    • UK

Oh you forgot to list the FightFX not scaling.
#6  September 16, 2019, 10:32:39 PM
    • Canada
I posted this in the dev section of the Ikemen discord (not sure if that's the appropriate place or not) but I figured out that for the combo counter issue with it not counting up a longer follow up hit, is mugen seems to be completely reliant upon either hittime of the attacker or crtl = 0 of the opponent. With the example below I changed kung fu man's ground.hittime = 200 to showcase this off in mugen.

https://streamable.com/wl940

I've also noticed that Ikemen GO plus doesn't seem to pan it's audio like how mugen does. Also I think this thread should be stickyed on this board whomever controls that.
#7  September 17, 2019, 01:49:15 AM
    • Colombia
OK, I added the sound pan to the missing features list.
The combo bug is fixed, thanks for you cooperation on discord.

Also I wish to know how to make thread stickyed.
Maybe with that we could replace the old GO plus tread.

It really does not provide info on how to download it or new features of the engine.
Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:16:31 AM by Gacel
#8  September 22, 2019, 10:05:41 AM
    • South Africa
Gacel, the Mac version's sound is working correctly now! I am not sure if the new version might of fixed it! I also added the windows exe, OpenAL32.dll and windows scripts into the mac ikemen folder and it works completely fine, the only mac file I added was the Go command and the ikemen terminal file all the others were windows files.
#9  October 05, 2019, 06:24:50 AM
  • Participate, be a part.
Running on Windows 7, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, I5, 16GB ram, Arcade mode, turns (8) characters VS cpu Single, 1280x720 windows mode, no shaders.

not sure what it is but got an error log, game suddenly crash.
Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:09:28 PM by mugenload
#10  October 09, 2019, 12:15:22 AM
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
All the bugs Im been reporting here and Github are based on a full game Im been working, I cant share with Gacel the chars that are subject of the bugs reported because these only works inside the game and not in normal Ikemen/Mugen. I decided to upload the game, so Gacel could download it and check the bugs, please do, I would like to release the game soon.

https://mega.nz/#!ld1gXKZZ!q-OoCXZip7SJk-XZoNefUcXXVO6QkbvG4hp9T9h5S14

All these things works on Mugen but not Ikemen
1- Any missile/projectile reflecting movement(Athena 624A/C, Eiji 623 A/C, Yamazaki 236A/C) is not working, these movements has hitflag = P on the hitdef, which could be possibly the reason. Maybe.
2- It seems projectile priority is not working, Ryo´s haoshokoken can be canceled with any normal projectile with much less projpriority.
3- Some projectiles seems to be more transparent than on mugen, for example  Nameless 236 AC(ex Fireball).
4- Some hard knockdown movements causes the character to disappear for a moment, it seems the character goes below the floor, disappear then reappear lying on the ground. I have to set a lower values on ground.velocity Y value to avoid this behavior. 

Other bugs not related to characters.

1- Everything works fine except Arcade and 100vsKumite, both modes causes Ikemen to crash to desktop. Deleting some functions on main.lua solves this, but no music on stages, more details on Github.

#11  November 04, 2019, 08:32:44 PM
Since the new version of Ikemen Go takes the localcoord from the system.def file I wanted to test the original screenpack files to see if everything worked as intended or If I had to change the "start" x and y pos as I did some time ago to put everything in the right place. I didnt need to change anything, everything is working fine.

Still the following line still causes Ikemen Go to crash to desktop.

"window = 640,200"

With this error on the ikemen log:

.\script\motif.lua:1630: cannot perform sub operation between nil and number
stack traceback:
   .\script\motif.lua:1630: in function <.\script\motif.lua:0>
   [G]: in function 'require'
   script/main.lua:980: in main chunk
   [G]: ?

I dont know what does that command, I can delete or comment all the lines with this command and the screenpack works fine.

Mask is still not working.

Projectile priority, numhit detection and reflecting are working fine now, Thanks for the fix!!

Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:37:51 PM by orochi_kyo
#12  November 12, 2019, 01:05:55 AM
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Hello, i dont know if this is a bug or a fail but i was installing Ikemen Go on different physical machines configured with WIndows XP and Windows 7 enviroments to test how it works and these are my findings.

In the windows 7 machine i didnt had any flaws during compilation because updated goland core and all works as espected.
In the Windows Xp machine i had problems due hajimehoshi/oto code plus other lost dependencies due a deprecated goland core supporting the operative system is installed.

Aside those problems both compilations can be achieved but the windows xp machine show me these logs with problems during open gl execution and closes imediately, using the winxp and the win7 compilated exes:

using the WinXP exe

Using the Win7 exe

Can you help me to identify the possible causes or definitely XP is a lost cause within this code?
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
MANGEX WEB
Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:20:03 AM by MangeX
#13  December 11, 2019, 07:05:47 PM
    • UK

Dunno if this thread still has juice, but I can't do strict commands like D, DB, B, DB, F by doing a HCF for the DB,F.
#14  December 15, 2019, 06:05:08 PM
Ok, I'm receiving a 0xc000007b error when launching Ikemen Go on my Windows 10 installation. It would be nice to know if Ikemen GO has any dependencies on Windows(work flawlessly on Linux even Lubuntu 18.10 which wasn't working before), so far I reinstalled DX9 and Visual C++ libraries with no luck. I will test on W7 later.

Also, I was playing Kumite and suddenly the training char just appeared(I changed the training char to my own custom training char), the problem is that this char is configured to recover health, give the player full bars, and it is practically immortal. I think this is a "bug" because it breaks the whole thing Kumite is about. Wonder if that could happen on arcade too.

Edit: The 32-bit version works with the same W10 installation, (I tested the 64-bit version before) but the performance is awful, I guess it must be something related to my drivers.

Edit2: It seems the problem with the 64-bit version is this executable is not using the openal dll file inside the root folder, so I have to install openal anyways, https://www.openal.org/downloads/
Now is working but unstable, I have to start the game several times to get it working.
Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:37:32 PM by orochi_kyo
#15  December 15, 2019, 06:14:34 PM
    • South Africa
The training character does occasionaly appear on arcade mode.
#16  December 15, 2019, 06:19:54 PM
    • UK

#17  December 15, 2019, 06:27:49 PM
    • Greece
If you start from order=2 to arcade mode it doesnt appear i guess ikemen use him as order=1.
#18  December 15, 2019, 06:50:40 PM
    • South Africa
Ah okay! I didn't add any order to any of my roster, I just assumed the training character wouldn't show up.
#19  December 15, 2019, 08:44:24 PM
    • UK

I can confirm that Training appears in Survival and Kumite, even with order=0 on.
#20  December 16, 2019, 01:09:18 AM
  • Glorious Bastard
    • UK
I kinda figured GO would have the same parameters, but IKEMEN Plus at least has the exclude=1 select.def parameter you can add to characters you don't want to show up randomly.
#21  December 16, 2019, 05:14:14 AM
I didn't know there were "credits" on the game for the arcade mode.
The thing is I can't see the "credits" anywhere on the Continue screen. Tested with a fresh install(0.77)

Anyone else or it is just me?
#22  December 29, 2019, 10:27:00 PM
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Rowen's Ryu edit doesn't roll on Ikemen.
Lasagna
#23  December 30, 2019, 07:23:32 PM
    • Russia
PS4 controller support is still borked in Gacel's latest fork:
#24  December 31, 2019, 10:34:09 PM
    • Colombia
That's a GLFW bug.
So not a bug with Ikemen GO but with OpenGL's GLFW.
https://github.com/glfw/glfw

So the problem is more specifically with in the mappings.h file in the GLFW C source but I need the full error log to make sure.
Maybe I can bug fix it and make a pull request.

But I'll need you to help to test the changes because I do not have the controller. (I see from the screenshot it's not the same as a PS4 one)

Go it, I'll check it.

I didn't know there were "credits" on the game for the arcade mode.
The thing is I can't see the "credits" anywhere on the Continue screen. Tested with a fresh install(0.77)

Anyone else or it is just me?

I also can not see it, I'll check if it's even implemented.
#25  January 02, 2020, 11:14:48 AM
    • Brazil
Maybe its a well known bug, but the only shader working is scanlines. Hqx2/4 and MSAA doesn't display any noticeable effect.
Lasagna
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:42:31 AM by -Ash-
#26  January 02, 2020, 01:45:23 PM
    • South Africa
Are you sure? Because they all work for me! Although I didn't check MSAA (because my graphics card doesn't support it). All the others ones work for me.
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:49:24 PM by LebKeller
#27  January 02, 2020, 03:32:04 PM
    • Brazil
Yup, only scanlines works so far.

EDIT: Ok, I did some more testing and found out that it works, but its only noticeable in high resolutions, and only on fonts, sprites looks almost the same.
Lasagna
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:44:10 PM by -Ash-
#28  January 10, 2020, 12:10:07 AM
    • Colombia
MSSA is not a shader is a filtering technique for textures.
It's very subtle.

(Notice the changes in the Type bar.)
It's more noticeable when you downscale sprites.

Hqx2 and Hqx4 is for "smoothing" sprites so it only works at higher resolutions. (It's literally a emulator shader)
Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 12:15:25 AM by Gacel
#29  January 10, 2020, 05:34:12 AM
    • Brazil
Is there plans for more filters in the future?
Lasagna
#30  January 14, 2020, 08:50:14 PM
    • Colombia
#31  January 15, 2020, 01:54:22 AM
  • Just retired tho.
    • rurouniroad.blogspot.com/
RuroKen Sas characters have some input problems: Hyper inputs seem don't be so precise. And lvl3 attacks are really hard to perform or can't be performed at all.
By the way, if your startcell is not properly coded (wrong/empty cell) IKEMEN closes. I used Kathos' fork version (0.5).
The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
#32  January 15, 2020, 02:43:05 AM
By the way, if your startcell is not properly coded (wrong/empty cell) IKEMEN closes. I used Kathos' fork version (0.5).
thanks, fixed
#33  January 15, 2020, 04:59:43 AM
  • Just retired tho.
I took the time to test IKEMEN (Kathos' fork - 0.5) a bit more and here is some feedback:

; As of MUGEN 1.0, the default motif is defined in data/mugen1/system.def.
; You can also edit mugen.cfg to select the "big" motif.
- This message needs to be edited, because by default the system.def that is used is in the path "data" and not "data / mugen1".
And there is no more MUGEN.CFG.

- The font cursor  in the menu does not work properly at any resolution other than 320,240.

- The text in the blue bar in the menu seems to be misaligned ("cropped") by default, apparently a little lower than it should be, at different resolutions it can get messy (320x180), at higher resolutions like 640x360, it doesn't appear on the screen.

The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

- If you press "ESC" in Arcade Mode, you go to the continue screen. In MUGEN 1.0 you go back to menu, in MUGEN 1.1 you go back to select in Arcade Mode, imo, this is better).

- In Arcade Mode, if player 1 taunts the enemy, the message "Here comes a new challenger" appears and we go to the Team Versus selection screen which can suffer a kind of palfx on the screen if the interruption is in the middle of an attack that uses some FX/palfx.
If you press ESC, we return to Arcade selection mode to face the enemy we were facing before the interruption, maybe this part is intentional though.

- If you do the following steps:
Arcade mode, "Here comes a new challenger", press esc to skip the challenge and return to the menu, then return to arcade mode and select a character, the following error appears:

- The victory screen is enabled for Arcade and Team Arcade modes only.

- The black background on the options screen does not cover the text  properly in 1280x720.

In the 3rd fight in Arcade mode, on the Versus screen, following a specific order of enemies, I am having the following error:

I just set it up for a character as a test, and I don't know if there's something wrong, but here it is, my select config:

Well, I don't know if it was already mentioned, but would it be possible to add "CPU" to lifebar when fighting AI?
#34  January 15, 2020, 09:11:38 AM
- The font cursor  in the menu does not work properly at any resolution other than 320,240.

- The text in the blue bar in the menu seems to be misaligned ("cropped") by default, apparently a little lower than it should be, at different resolutions it can get messy (320x180), at higher resolutions like 640x360, it doesn't appear on the screen.

The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

- The black background on the options screen does not cover the text  properly in 1280x720.

the build currently on appveyor doesn't support localcoord, so only screenpacks in 320x240 resolution works on it. Yesterday Neat Unsou added localcoord support to backgrounds, but that change is not yet on appveyor. I'm currently fixing stuff that showed up after testing new build in HD resolution. I will let you know once all known graphical glitches are sorted out.

- In Arcade Mode, if player 1 taunts the enemy, the message "Here comes a new challenger" appears and we go to the Team Versus selection screen which can suffer a kind of palfx on the screen if the interruption is in the middle of an attack that uses some FX/palfx.

- If you do the following steps:
Arcade mode, "Here comes a new challenger", press esc to skip the challenge and return to the menu, then return to arcade mode and select a character, the following error appears:
thanks, will investigate it.
- The victory screen is enabled for Arcade and Team Arcade modes only.
Please list all currently available modes that you think should also display victory screen by default.

- If you press "ESC" in Arcade Mode, you go to the continue screen. In MUGEN 1.0 you go back to menu, in MUGEN 1.1 you go back to select in Arcade Mode, imo, this is better).
In future I'd like ESC button to open a menu with options (exit, give up match, maybe movelists support). I'm not planning to implement mugen 1.0 / 1.1 behaviour (and I think "giving up a match" is better than outright exiting the game).

edit: on the other hand I could add an option to options screen but not sure if it's worth the effort when in the end the button is meant to work differently anyway.

In the 3rd fight in Arcade mode, on the Versus screen, following a specific order of enemies, I am having the following error:
This error looks familiar, I'm pretty sure this bug has been fixed earlier today in this commit: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/51821e6fa5b742cfa2b1ba55aec0e266565a5013
You will have to wait though since this change is not yet available on appveyor.

Thanks for all the reports, keep them coming if you encounter some other issues.

------------

edit: Neat Unsou, in case you're reading this topic - thanks for updating bgdef.go!

edit2: Fixes commit for everything mentioned in this post, not related to resolution, is up on github: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/5c98dbd0e5e5d6fe8dcc21f9e8b99252af65f9b2

edit3: palfx problem when the match is interrupted still persists, it will take more time to fix. btw. new build is available on appveyor: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go-plus
Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:16:24 PM by K4thos
#35  January 16, 2020, 01:01:01 AM
  • Just retired tho.
Some more feedback - Ikemen_GO_Win_x86, build 0.7, Kathos' fork:

- "px.cursor.startcell" isn't working properly, for both players. The cursor starts at the wrong row and column.
- "Round.default.anim" doesn't play.
- If you press F1, K.O sound doesn't play.
- Draw Game anim/text appears after D.KO.

- 'Specific order' problem, now before the 4th match. Log:
Code:
.\script\select.lua:573: __len undefined
stack traceback:
.\script\select.lua:573: in function 'f_selectPal'
.\script\select.lua:1407: in function 'f_selectArcade'
script/main.lua:1757: in function 'f_mainMenu'
script/main.lua:2447: in main chunk

RK SaS chars:
- Hypers are better to perform, not 100% yet. Lvl 3 attacks are still hard to perform or impossible to.
- As a mechanic, if you win the last round without damage and / or win using a hyper, a victory clip is played. However, if you press F1 or win by normal attack, the clip will play too.

I suppose OpenGL has not been implemented yet, since 1.1 lifebars make IKEMEN don't load.

Persistent issues from last feedback:
- Problem when P1 taunts enemy leading to team versus mode selection still persists.
- This message needs to be edited, because by default the system.def that is used is in the path "data" and not "data / mugen1".
And there is no more MUGEN.cfg.
#36  January 16, 2020, 04:00:22 AM
thanks for new reports.
- 'Specific order' problem, now before the 4th match. Log:
are you referring to this assignment?
Code:
Kenshin, stages/A.def, order =3, 1={Jinei, stages/C.def}, 2={Aoshi, stages/G.def}, 3={Okita, stages/VILLAGE.def}, 4={Saitou, stages/BBBGarden.def}, 5={Soujiro, stages/H.def}, 6={Shishio, stages/I.def}, 7={Enishi, stages/J.def}
In the above code I've noticed that the character has similar name to Saito added below (who has the same stage assigned). Is this coincidence or maybe you've mistyped his name? This would explain the problem.

Some more feedback - Ikemen_GO_Win_x86, build 0.7, Kathos' fork:
unrelated but if you use 64 bit system Ikemen_GO_Win_x64 is the correct build
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:40:48 AM by K4thos
#37  January 16, 2020, 05:01:35 AM
  • Just retired tho.

Oh man, that's it! Sorry, that was on me. It's working!!

Since I'm posting, some more feedback:

- Not so often, but the default winquote (Winner) happens to appear, even if char has winqotes. I had seen it in previous builds, but after fixing my typo while testing arcade mode, it appeared once.
- Fps drops even on stage0 with chars just standing still.
- "Hiccups" in stage musics/chars audio.

unrelated but if you use 64 bit system Ikemen_GO_Win_x64 is the correct build
Yes, my system is 64 bit. First time using x86. I thought that in the future it would be better to use x86 for screenpack distribution, so I started using it. Heh, too soon. I'll be back to 64 bit for the tests.
#38  January 16, 2020, 12:22:17 PM
Oh man, that's it! Sorry, that was on me. It's working!!
don't worry about it, this report helped improve the code - I will add a check to ensure that rival character reference is valid, maybe also print a warning if not.

Regarding reported lifebars problems - I've found which code introduced issues in lifebars rendering and got rid of it in the latest commit. Please let me know if some of the reported lifebar problems are still there after this change (once new appveyor build is up)
#39  January 17, 2020, 03:20:50 PM
- "px.cursor.startcell" isn't working properly, for both players. The cursor starts at the wrong row and column.
fixed

- If you press F1, K.O sound doesn't play.
- Draw Game anim/text appears after D.KO.
should be fixed by this commit but needs testing

I suppose OpenGL has not been implemented yet, since 1.1 lifebars make IKEMEN don't load.
OpenGL is the only render used by Ikemen GO. If lifebar doesn't work than you can post link to it, maybe some active fork dev (not necessarily me) will be interested in investigating where the problem lays

Persistent issues from last feedback:
- Problem when P1 taunts enemy leading to team versus mode selection still persists.
fixed

And there is no more MUGEN.cfg.
The engine is not yet documented so don't mind what is stated in mugen DEF files (other than select.def, which is always up to date). They are copied straight from mugen and are not part of the engine (screenpack files are uploaded as different repository from which appveyor downloads them on the fly)

- Not so often, but the default winquote (Winner) happens to appear, even if char has winqotes. I had seen it in previous builds, but after fixing my typo while testing arcade mode, it appeared once.
can't help with this one unless you can reproduce the issue and post repo steps, so that I can test it myself.

- Fps drops even on stage0 with chars just standing still.
- "Hiccups" in stage musics/chars audio.
try the latest version and x64 build. Also try Gacel's fork and see if the problem occurs there. Maybe open up debug mode (ctrl+d) and check if there is debug flood? Is it consistent with all characters, even KFM?

- The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

Most of these should be also fixed in the latest commit (needs testing), so HD screenpack support is almost ready.

-------------------------------

There are still some known issues (help with fixing them would be appreciated)
1. TTF fonts start at wrong coordinates on 16:9 aspect ratio. Example with 25, 30 axis:
- f-4x6.def (FNTv2): https://i.imgur.com/82tjPWf.png
- infofont.def (TTF Arial): https://i.imgur.com/8GtX1XS.png

edit: fixed: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/53db159f69d0cffeb82bc8c8317d163371674e0c

2. bgdef.go doesn't support localcoord screen cropping (in mugen if screenpack has 4:3 aspect ratio and you set resolution to 16:9, area outside 4:3 aspect ratio is not rendered)
- mugen 1.1: https://i.imgur.com/mVVsj4L.png
- ikemen go: https://i.imgur.com/OmrId0f.png

3. bgdef.go also doesn't set 'window' background parameter values correctly when 4:3 aspect ratio screenpack is displayed on 16:9 resolution:
https://i.imgur.com/vxNKyIT.png
https://i.imgur.com/hEYZ1vk.png
Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:42:51 PM by K4thos
#40  January 18, 2020, 10:18:05 PM
Ikemen GO screenbound engine bug reported by @JustNoPoint from HDBZ team. The problem can be reliably reproduced for example with Piccolo's lvl3 finisher.
As presented in the below video, the finisher works correctly on KFM temple stage. From my tests there is also no problem with other stages that don't allow super jump. But any larger stage will cause this bug (as showcased at 1:45s)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1pwctfjd2g49m6/Ikemen%20GO%202020-01-18%2021-46-19.mp4

Repo steps:
- Download character: http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_piccolo.html
- Download stage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l5fbavz2axuwd9/sf3-3-shinakuma.zip?dl=1
- Go to training and activate Piccolo's power mode with Down Down MP+MK (you’ll get a new meter). Spam HP to fill it all the way to max. Then QCBx2P for his lvl3 hyper. Then wait a bit or do the Down Down MP+MK to activate it.
#41  January 18, 2020, 10:30:16 PM
  • Just retired tho.
Ikemen_GO_Win_x64 - 0.9, Kathos' fork:

- Sometimes Ikemen closes when starting, not showing a log message. Usually the first time you open it. Or after a long time when you get back to it.
- Training mode is incomplete?
You cannot select the opponent. Both player 1 and player 2 can be killed. The match does not start with full power bar and
energy does not regenerate. Besides, there is no menu.
- Some musics do not play, and others have a hushed and hissing sound (samples).

Persistent issues:
- Specific intros do not work properly, generally P1 plays a random animation while P2 plays the correct animation.
Some characters do not play specific intros when they are the player 1, but they play normally when they are player 2 (Kenshin from RKSaS for example).
- Maximum of 7 fights in arcade mode. With specific order of opponents or not.
- The standard winquote appears on the victory screen after the 4th or 5th fight. It's not 100% of the time, so I have no way to indicate the trigger, but there are times that all winquotes appear normally.
- Draw Game anim / text appears after D.KO.

So, I tested the lifebar again and this time it worked, except what I mentioned above. It seems that there is also a problem with semitransparency of sprites in png, the edges appear to be a little black. Here's the lifebar (OpenGl version of course).
The stages do not appear on the select screen, even if they are assigned for a character and includestage is not used. HOWEVER, I think that this way is better because you can choose the order in which the stages appear on the selection screen.

#42  January 20, 2020, 02:53:31 AM
oh wow k4thos finally responded once I dissapeared from this thread for a long time lol. Does this implment more than 3 lifebars or not yet?

edit: aaaand youre still a fucken cunt
Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:32:02 AM by junkerde
#43  January 20, 2020, 11:46:06 AM
- Sometimes Ikemen closes when starting, not showing a log message. Usually the first time you open it. Or after a long time when you get back to it.
Please use this file to start ikemen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rzwz9i0jrgnv9h/Ikemen_GO.bat?dl=1
It will display command line along the game and won't close it when crashed. Post here if something will be printed there once it happens again.

edit: I've found the problem, will be fixed.

- Training mode is incomplete?
You cannot select the opponent. Both player 1 and player 2 can be killed. The match does not start with full power bar and
energy does not regenerate. Besides, there is no menu.
fixed (it's part of the screenpack repository, so you don't have to wait for appveyor to get it) You can also download it from here.

- Some musics do not play, and others have a hushed and hissing sound (samples).
Tagging @Gacel: because he added mp3 support and I don't know anything about it.

- Specific intros do not work properly, generally P1 plays a random animation while P2 plays the correct animation.
Some characters do not play specific intros when they are the player 1, but they play normally when they are player 2 (Kenshin from RKSaS for example).
this is not enough to reproduce it efficiently. Please check my previous post for example repo steps. Direct link to 2 characters that caused a problem (I assume intro that should trigger against some character didn't, so both characters are needed to test it), information which intro was problematic and (if you know how to do it) portion of the CNS code that failed to trigger (or at least some video or screenshot, so that we know what to look for). In other words please, when reporting stuff like this, always provide as much information as possible, otherwise testing is very time consuming (sometimes even impossible to reproduce).

- Maximum of 7 fights in arcade mode. With specific order of opponents or not.
Can't reproduce it. Please create "debug" directory in your main ikemen go folder. Now start the arcade mode, exit the game and upload whole "debug" folder as well as "data/select.def". With this I should be able to figure out what's up.

- The standard winquote appears on the victory screen after the 4th or 5th fight. It's not 100% of the time, so I have no way to indicate the trigger, but there are times that all winquotes appear normally.
This has never happened to me, so once again proper repo steps are needed. At least a link to character that displayed the wrong quote and his defeated opponent, so that we can try to reproduce it locally. You could also help with testing it by limiting amount of winquotes that characters have to the point that the problem is no longer random.
edit: I've menaged to reproduce it locally. Fixed.

- Draw Game anim / text appears after D.KO.
this one is easy to fix (I've tested it in mugen and indeed it should not happen)

edit: fixed. Please read the commit description to ensure that the results of my tests are accurate to how it works in mugen.

So, I tested the lifebar again and this time it worked, except what I mentioned above. It seems that there is also a problem with semitransparency of sprites in png, the edges appear to be a little black. Here's the lifebar (OpenGl version of course).
a screenshot from both mugen and ikemen go showcasing the issue (same lifebar, same element) would be appreciated.

The stages do not appear on the select screen, even if they are assigned for a character and includestage is not used. HOWEVER, I think that this way is better because you can choose the order in which the stages appear on the selection screen.
fixed locally (not uploaded yet). As for the second part - stages assigned as character parameters are added after [ExtraStages] section (if not already present there), so, unlike mugen, you still have control over the stages order.

oh wow k4thos finally responded once I dissapeared from this thread for a long time lol. Does this implment more than 3 lifebars or not yet?
this is a bug report topic, please use it only for this purpose.
Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:52:19 AM by K4thos
#44  January 20, 2020, 09:51:44 PM
    • UK

Maybe you could tag Gacel for the Screenbound issue on the previous page aswell. I haven't seen him respond here honestly.
#45  January 20, 2020, 10:27:12 PM
    • Greece
The sudden crash at the start happens when ikemen has to load many characters.The crashes started when it had  to load over 60-70 characters.
#46  January 21, 2020, 11:03:32 PM
The sudden crash at the start happens when ikemen has to load many characters.The crashes started when it had  to load over 60-70 characters.
indeed, I've found where the problem lays, will be fixed.
#47  January 21, 2020, 11:39:02 PM
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
force close bug video

select screen roster Huge Lag problem
#48  January 23, 2020, 10:06:42 PM
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#49  January 24, 2020, 05:40:41 PM
    • Greece
newest version with ratio system has a bug at tag-simul mode, when you dont have a second character with the same order and you have onlyme=1 option for a character ikemen skips the fight.You must have the same character twice for ikemen to not skip the fight.

example:(ikemen doesnt skip the fight)
akuma, vsscreen=0, stages/YDA_CVS_Gouki/YDA_CVS_Gouki.def, stages\XX'BLUE'XX\XX'BLUE'XX.def, includestage=0, order=11, onlyme=1
akuma, vsscreen=0, stages/YDA_CVS_Gouki/YDA_CVS_Gouki.def, stages\XX'BLUE'XX\XX'BLUE'XX.def, includestage=0, order=11, onlyme=1

(ikemen skips the fight)
#50  January 24, 2020, 09:53:01 PM
Maybe you could tag Gacel for the Screenbound issue on the previous page aswell. I haven't seen him respond here honestly.
he is aware about this issue

newest version with ratio system has a bug at tag-simul mode, when you dont have a second character with the same order and you have onlyme=1 option for a character ikemen skips the fight.You must have the same character twice for ikemen to not skip the fight.

example:(ikemen doesnt skip the fight)

(ikemen skips the fight)
fixed

--------

@Rurouni, please read edits to this post - most stuff you've reported has been fixed in recent commits. Still waiting for repo steps regarding intros problem you've mentioned, screenshot presenting blending problem, as well as debug dir + select.def needed to investigate your arcade issues.

edit:
I've changed it to mugen 1.1 behavior in the latest commit.
Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:05:05 AM by K4thos
#51  January 25, 2020, 03:56:29 PM
    • UK

You may want to cut sounds off like the KO sound for lifebars when leaving the match, unless this was fixed and I've missed it.
Also Order doesn't seem to apply to Boss Rush.
#52  January 26, 2020, 04:35:47 AM
  • Just retired tho.
@Rurouni, please read edits to this post - most stuff you've reported has been fixed in recent commits. Still waiting for repo steps regarding intros problem you've mentioned, screenshot presenting blending problem, as well as debug dir + select.def needed to investigate your arcade issues.

edit:
I've changed it to mugen 1.1 behavior in the latest commit.
Oh, that's great. I'm taking a short break, but I'll be back soon. Keep up the good work.
#53  February 08, 2020, 06:53:58 AM
I think is better to report bugs here since the thread can get crowded on Discord.

Using Gacel build 0.84
The Linux build doesn't include an executable. I had to compile it myself.

So far I have to mess with some new stuff related to the menu, but for anyone else who was using motif.lua to set Ikemen exclusive items on the menu, you have to use now system.def to show those items.
Code:
menu.itemname.online = "Online"
menu.itemname.training = "Training"
menu.itemname.extras = "Extras"

; MAIN MENU -> ONLINE SUBMENU
menu.itemname.online.serverhost = "HOST GAME"               ;Ikemen feature
menu.itemname.online.serverjoin = "JOIN GAME"               ;Ikemen feature
menu.itemname.online.back = "BACK"                          ;Ikemen feature

; MAIN MENU -> ONLINE -> SERVERJOIN SUBMENU
; known IP addresses show up before serverjoin.back item
menu.itemname.online.serverjoin.joinadd = "NEW ADDRESS"     ;Ikemen feature
menu.itemname.online.serverjoin.back = "BACK"               ;Ikemen feature

; MAIN MENU -> EXTRAS SUBMENU
menu.itemname.extras.freebattle = "FREE BATTLE"             ;Ikemen feature
menu.itemname.extras.100kumite = "100 KUMITE"            ;Ikemen feature
;menu.itemname.extras.bossrush = "BOSS RUSH"                 ;Ikemen feature
;menu.itemname.extras.bonusgames = "BONUS GAMES"             ;Ikemen feature
;menu.itemname.extras.replay = "REPLAY"                      ;Ikemen feature
;menu.itemname.extras.randomtest = "DEMO"                    ;Ikemen feature
menu.itemname.extras.back = "BACK"                          ;Ikemen fe

I want to share this before someone reports bugs related to Menus.

Now you can go from any "Arcade Mode" to versus mode if p2 start button is pressed but if you press Escape after entering on Versus from arcade, it just crashed to desktop with this error

Code:
./script/start.lua:2013: 2番目の引数が数ではありません。
stack traceback:
[G]: in function 'setTeamMode'
./script/start.lua:2013: in function 'f_p1TeamMenu'
./script/start.lua:1858: in function 'f_selectScreen'
./script/start.lua:1296: in function 'f_selectArcade'
script/main.lua:1480: in function 'f_itemname'
script/main.lua:1874: in function 'loop'
script/main.lua:2289: in main chunk

No more crashing to desktop after finishing arcade mode. thanks!!
#54  February 08, 2020, 10:30:43 AM
Now you can go from any "Arcade Mode" to versus mode if p2 start button is pressed but if you press Escape after entering on Versus from arcade, it just crashed to desktop with this error
fixed locally (not uploaded yet)
#55  February 10, 2020, 01:42:00 AM
    • Colombia
Using Gacel build 0.84
The Linux build doesn't include an executable. I had to compile it myself.

The reason why it does not include is because the Docker image is missing "libglib2.0-dev"
"sqweek/dialog" uses "gio-2.0", "glib-2.0" and "gobject-2.0" included in the package.

I'm building a new Docker image with it fixed right now but it will take a while.
#56  February 11, 2020, 11:05:43 PM
  • Glorious Bastard
    • UK
So when attempting to identify a bug with the old S-SIZE IKEMEN Plus, I discovered one (and then a second, unrelated bug) with GO.

Basically, red health takes an extra frame to clear, which means if an attack makes contact with the opponent on the same frame they regain control, the red health will imply it was a true combo, when it wasn't.

The other bug is to do with drawing positions. When I was trying to replicate the bug in GO, I noticed my version of Training's display was off.

Every time I redrew the display, the positions of each Explod would be randomly offset.

I can post a link to this version of Training if you'd like. It's a little outdated compared to the one I'm using for an IKEMEN game, but the display code is the same.
#57  February 13, 2020, 07:44:26 AM
Single in any team mode cant be only disabled by editing the line

teammenu.itemname.single = ;Ikemen feature

in the system.def or motif.lua. Can not be disabled from the options anymore...
#58  February 16, 2020, 09:00:44 PM
  • WIP: SF4 CE

#59  February 17, 2020, 12:06:42 AM
Single in any team mode cant be only disabled by editing the line

teammenu.itemname.single = ;Ikemen feature

in the system.def or motif.lua. Can not be disabled from the options anymore...
this option will be removed in the near future (there is no point to have it when each option can be disabled by assigning empty itemname in screenpack DEF file)

-----------------------------

Another bug report related to 16:9 aspect ratio.

In mugen if you use 16:9 resolution (e.g. 1280x720) and stage with 4:3 localcoord (e.g. 320x240) then by default stage is rendered in 4:3 aspect ratio:

Ikemen Go renders such stage using 16:9 aspect ratio, zooming it in:

There is no such problem when the stage uses the same aspect ratio as game resolution. Current Ikemen GO behaviour actually also exists in mugen after disabling stagefit option in mugen.cfg, but since it's not disabled by default, I consider current behaviour as compatibility issue with mugen resources.
Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:23:29 AM by K4thos
#60  February 17, 2020, 01:37:01 AM
#61  February 17, 2020, 06:57:29 AM
    • Brazil

So huh... after revising this bug I realized that the problem might actually be that Ikemen doesn't compute well 2 buttons at same time, cuz not only rolling is difficult, but also performing ex moves and lvl 2 supers takes a few tries to come out.

I really hope you have a look at this man.
Lasagna
Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:12:24 AM by -Ash-
#62  February 17, 2020, 05:01:10 PM
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Haven't posted in literal years but I can explain why two button press feels the way it does here. IKEMEN actually processes 2 button inputs properly, its regular MUGEN that doesn't. When experimenting with alternative buffer methods, I learned that MUGEN actually detects button hold before button press, and it takes even longer if you press two buttons, meaning that two button presses have more input lag, but this also increases the leniency in which a two button press can be detected.

IKEMEN GO actually properly processes button press, it checks for press first and then hold, instead of doing what MUGEN does (check for hold and then go back to check for press, wasting time). This makes two button presses more "strict", but also means the command interpreter is doing its job properly. An implementable solution might be applicable, but it would require rewriting how commands are checked, and would be kind of a pain.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#63  February 18, 2020, 03:47:56 AM
    • Brazil
Shit... If that stays a thing then it will suck big time because there's plenty characters with 2 buttons moves.
Lasagna
Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:06:56 PM by -Ash-
#64  February 19, 2020, 07:58:51 PM
Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:48:50 AM by orochi_kyo
#65  February 22, 2020, 10:29:57 AM
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
when you try to start the arcade, the game crashes with an error (a copy from the Ikemen.log):

.\external\script\start.lua:1874: attempt to call a non-function object
stack traceback:
   .\external\script\start.lua:1874: in function 'f_selectScreen'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1296: in function 'f_selectArcade'
   external/script/main.lua:1552: in function 'f_itemname'
   external/script/main.lua:1946: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:2361: in main chunk

If you try to run vs-mode:

.\external\script\start.lua:1874: attempt to call a non-function object
stack traceback:
   .\external\script\start.lua:1874: in function 'f_selectScreen'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1069: in function 'f_selectSimple'
   external/script/main.lua:1570: in function 'f_itemname'
   external/script/main.lua:1946: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:2361: in main chunk

Ikemen version: 0.89.2-yursyled Win x86
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:35:12 AM by Farengeit
#66  February 24, 2020, 02:48:45 AM
    • Colombia
My fault. :oops:
That was a unstable build that was online for 80 minutes. (It should not have)

It should be fixed now.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:37:17 AM by Gacel
#67  February 25, 2020, 12:52:07 PM
    • UK

#68  February 27, 2020, 08:49:01 PM
    • UK

@Gacel: @K4thos: Ikemen refuses to load for me, I click on it and nothing, but my version(s) worked perfectly before. Windows 10 btw.
#69  February 28, 2020, 03:32:47 AM
    • Colombia
#70  February 29, 2020, 03:43:17 PM
    • UK

Seems to be a gamepad/joystick Issue.
I'm using the Hori PS4 Mini controller which seemingly works with PCs (At least with Mugen) even with a few issues.
#71  March 06, 2020, 07:20:32 PM
    • Peru
#72  March 07, 2020, 04:58:21 AM
  • Just retired tho.
It's been a while. I ran a quick  test with Gacel's 0.9 fork:
- P2 can't skip intros.
- If P1 browses menu, P2 can't browse it anymore.
- P2 has no acess to arcade mode.
- Scale for stage preview isn't working.
- Color change for health gauge doesn't work (don't know if it was implemented in this fork though)

I was going to do some more tests but tried use chars from Rurouni Kenshin Soul and Sword and IKEMEN kept crashing with them.

About Kathos' fork: "Project not found or access denied."
Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:57:23 PM by Rurouni
#73  March 07, 2020, 05:38:31 AM
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Some character stuff.

Kyosuke by Kamekaze: Throw hitbox doesn't appear.

Mr. Karate by Kamekaze: Unable to combo into anything.

Akuma by Niitris: Projectiles don't disappear on hit so they continuously do damage until they leave the screen.
#74  March 08, 2020, 12:34:20 AM
    • Colombia
About the Hori controller
So another GLFW bug again. I'll report it, to the GLFW team.

Rowen can you send the error log as text?

- P2 can't skip intros.
- Color change for health gauge doesn't work (don't know if it was implemented in this fork though)

I was going to do some more tests but tried use chars from Rurouni Kenshin Soul and Sword and IKEMEN kept crashing with them.

About Kathos' fork: "Project not found or access denied."

I'll check the lifebar ones.
The K4thos fork is located here: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO

The health gauge can change color?

Some character stuff.

Kyosuke by Kamekaze: Throw hitbox doesn't appear.

Mr. Karate by Kamekaze: Unable to combo into anything.

Akuma by Niitris: Projectiles don't disappear on hit so they continuously do damage until they leave the screen.

I'll check everithing.
#75  March 08, 2020, 01:02:28 AM
    • UK

Wish granted.

I inserted the ... because the original log was too long (I think that's the issue), but you should understand.
#76  March 08, 2020, 01:06:42 AM
  • Just retired tho.
The K4thos fork is located here: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO

The health gauge can change color?

- I see. Specifying, the Appveyor link is offline. I download from there since I don't know how to compile. :x

- It's supposed to (here):
- lifebar changing color depending on health (pX.front.spr / pX.front.anim now can store additional value in the name e.g. pX.front90.spr, which is used to swap the current front spr / animation to this one if player's life matches the percentage value. There can be multiple frontX spr/anim assignments (no hard limits)

I just tried it... it didn't work though.
#77  March 08, 2020, 11:52:58 PM
- P2 can't skip intros.

fixed all of those. Scale for stage preview needs testing. Lifebar colouring for some reason was not implemented but should work now. Also implemented colouring for powerbar.  Check out wiki for information how to use this feature: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#lifebar-all-variants
#78  March 09, 2020, 05:34:44 PM
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
Some problems with Morrigan by BeterHans. Ikemen crash log:

.\external\script\start.lua:1250: chars\Morrigan/States/System.st:873:
“Shining Wings”
name: "で囲まれていません
stack traceback:
   [G]: in function 'game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1250: in function 'f_selectArranged'
   external/script/main.lua:1616: in function 'f_itemname'
   external/script/main.lua:1958: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:2373: in main chunk

http://www.mediafire.com/file/84ftx2l7ydpqjie/Morrigan.7z/file
#79  March 09, 2020, 06:09:12 PM
    • Brazil
For some reason I have fps drops at the options menu. Also ADD004 doesn't seems to work in the newest build.
Lasagna
Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:25:39 PM by -Ash-
#80  March 09, 2020, 07:17:17 PM
    • Greece
Options menu doesnt appear at the newer version for me.
#81  March 09, 2020, 07:54:40 PM
Options menu doesnt appear at the newer version for me.

Test with a clean installation, don't try to copy 0.90 over your old installation.
Options are now being called from the system.def, check default 0.9 Ikemen Go system.def and try to take the new menu options to your custom build.

For some reason I have fps drops at the options menu. Also ADD004 doesn't seems to work in the newest build.
Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:36:45 AM by orochi_kyo
#82  March 09, 2020, 09:38:36 PM
    • Brazil
Then how do I use it? Because the lifebars aren't displaying on my end.
Lasagna
#83  March 09, 2020, 09:46:31 PM
Then how do I use it? Because the life bars aren't displaying on my end.

DO you have bars declared in your fight.def? You can declare bars for every mode available, simul, ratio, tag, etc.

Check the default Ikemen Go screenpack fight.def, you can see how to declare bars for every mode.
#84  March 09, 2020, 09:48:30 PM
    • UK

Well Shiyo said he would update his Ikemen add004 to the new standards as mentioned in his Latest vid's comment section.
#85  March 09, 2020, 09:57:42 PM
Well Shiyo said he would update his Ikemen add004 to the new standards as mentioned in his Latest vid's comment section.

Technically Gacel and K4th0s didn't make anything to ADD004, just the fact that any tag code would be called from config.json, so the tag code doesn't need to be in common1.cns or common1.cns.zss, actually I'm modifying myself to make some KOF XI tag system.

So if any changes come in the future you just need to put the code in a file and calling from config.json.

Even if Uno tag get updated someday, this could be useful.

Let's not get offtopic and take this conversation to Main Ikemen Go thread.
#86  March 09, 2020, 10:15:36 PM
    • Brazil

DO you have bars declared in your fight.def? You can declare bars for every mode available, simul, ratio, tag, etc.

Check the default Ikemen Go screenpack fight.def, you can see how to declare bars for every mode.
Wait what!?... I thought you're supposed to set lifebars in system.def and not in the lifebar's fight.def itself.

I'm modifying myself to make some KOF XI tag system.
I'm VERY interested on this.

Lasagna
#87  March 12, 2020, 12:41:33 AM
  • Just retired tho.

fixed all of those. Scale for stage preview needs testing. Lifebar colouring for some reason was not implemented but should work now. Also implemented colouring for powerbar.  Check out wiki for information how to use this feature: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#lifebar-all-variants
Hey, Kathos. Could you fix the Appveyor link or you don't plan on releasing automated builds anymore?
#88  March 13, 2020, 10:22:02 PM
    • Colombia
That link was maintained by me.
I removed it because the 2 branches are the same now that are merged. (And caused confusion)
#89  March 13, 2020, 10:24:20 PM
    • UK

So there's only 1 AppVeyor version now I assume?
#90  March 13, 2020, 10:37:19 PM
  • Just retired tho.
That link was maintained by me.
I removed it because the 2 branches are the same now that are merged. (And caused confusion)
I see. I already downloaded the latest version earlier. Thank you.

So there's only 1 AppVeyor version now I assume?
Yes: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

Some test with the latest version.

- It's not really a bug, but it's missing in [Option Info]:

title.offset = 320,32
title.font = 4,0,0

Maybe it just hasn't been implemented yet... ?

- Ratio mode: Using only KFM, if P2 ratio is different from P1, then it tags out automatically at the start of the and doesn't come back.
I closed IKEMEN and started working properly. I couldn't trigger it again, but reporting just in case.

- If you go to "team arcade" with p2, p1 will be assigned.
Even though P2 defeats P1 as a challenger, p1 will remain in arcade mode as the winner.

- If you close Ikemen in mission mode:
In Time Attack: Continue screen appears.
In Survival & Survival Co-op: Rounds survived appears.

It is quick and appears right before IKEMEN is closed, but the other submodes do not have this problem.

Previously reported issues that still persist:

- The training mode is not as in MUGEN:
It is not possible to choose p2.
No access to mode options.
Char Training being controlled by AI.

- The problem with bgm remains. And some are not even played.

I was going to make a video showing some of the last mentioned problems compared to MUGEN, but for some reason the build started to crashing while loading using characters from RKSaS, and even downloading again and installing everything from scratch, the problem persists.

#91  March 15, 2020, 05:25:53 AM
  • WIP: SF4 CE
Most of Mouser's characters give me this. They didn't use to.

.\external\script\start.lua:1253: open chars/World_Heroes/HANZO1/HANZO1.DEFhanzo.snd: The system cannot find the file specified.
stack traceback:
    [G]: in function 'getWaveData'
    .\external\script\start.lua:1253: in function 'f_playWave'
    .\external\script\start.lua:2857: in function 'f_p1SelectMenu'
    .\external\script\start.lua:2105: in function 'f_selectScreen'
    .\external\script\start.lua:1358: in function 'f_selectSimple'
    external/script/main.lua:1845: in function <external/script/main.lua:1828>
    external/script/main.lua:2261: in function 'loop'
    external/script/main.lua:2185: in function 'f_checkSubmenu'
    external/script/main.lua:2244: in function 'loop'
    external/script/main.lua:2706: in main chunk

#92  March 15, 2020, 11:56:41 PM
  • Just retired tho.
Lifebar bugs:
- Lifebar does not count victory in survival mode. When the round ends, the win counter returns to zero.
- If the enemy "commits suicide", the winner player's score backs to zero.
- If you press the space bar, score will reset. Intentional?
- If you pause the game, the animation of the powerbar and health continues to be played.
- P2 combo counter doesn't slide back to the right, it simply disappears.
- Color overlay for fonts does not work.
- I've reported this before, but finally with screenshots it's easier to show. Alpha channel problem with PNG sprites:

In MUGEN 1.1

IKEMEN 0.9.1

LIFEBAR.

Screenpack bugs:
- If you use a glyph (hyphen for example) to create an empty slot, ikemen crashes before loading.
- It is possible to select a char with the "q" and "w" keys, but it is not possible to use them to select
a mode. Is it intentional?
#93  March 17, 2020, 08:47:36 PM
    • Colombia
If you use debug commands, it should reset. That's intentional.
- It is possible to select a char with the "q" and "w" keys, but it is not possible to use them to select
a mode. Is it intentional?
That's a bug.
Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:50:47 PM by Gacel
#94  March 20, 2020, 05:10:43 PM
    • UK

The FightFx scale still isn't fixed I assume fellas? Not for me at least.
#95  March 21, 2020, 07:43:04 PM
#96  March 21, 2020, 09:55:37 PM
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
this happen on 3/21/2020 time 4:46 pm
I was working on my full game that me and mulambo has created and we having this issue

Code:
.\external\script\screenpack.lua:58: cannot perform concat operation between string and nil
stack traceback:
.\external\script\screenpack.lua:58: in function 'CalculateLocalcoordValues'
external/script/main.lua:821: in main chunk

here the screen pack so you can see for your self
its work fine on version0.12 but version 0.91.1 is keep giving me this error
here the link I hope you guys can tell how to fix this error
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16i-i7sOiSbRBqWZ0XVSnJdi8Cy39aKou/view?usp=sharing

also why the heck did you guys removed the Zoom setting >.> please bring that back........  :shame:
#97  March 22, 2020, 05:24:45 AM
    • South Africa
You can still adjust zoom manually in your config file.
#98  March 23, 2020, 12:34:18 AM
  • Just retired tho.
I was making a video to use as an example to make some more suggestions, but then I noticed that the powerbar counter is only working for P1 and P2 (0.91.1). Hell, I shouldn't have deleted the previous version.

- Lifebar does not count victory in survival mode. When the round ends, the win counter returns to zero.
I only realized after I posted. You guys added the [Match] parameter, so the win counter is redundant since it now has "stage%". I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if win counter were completly removed in survival mode.
And on the [Match] parameter, it's only for the P1 side so far. Maybe it's because P2 doesn't have access to solo play modes. If P2 chooses arcade, for example, P1 is assigned, but neither of them has access so all that remains is to press the ESC key.
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:07:50 PM by Rurouni
#99  March 28, 2020, 09:16:02 PM
    • Colombia
this happen on 3/21/2020 time 4:46 pm
I was working on my full game that me and mulambo has created and we having this issue
https://i.imgur.com/UEYjCNq.png

Code:
.\external\script\screenpack.lua:58: cannot perform concat operation between string and nil
stack traceback:
.\external\script\screenpack.lua:58: in function 'CalculateLocalcoordValues'
external/script/main.lua:821: in main chunk

here the screen pack so you can see for your self
its work fine on version0.12 but version 0.91.1 is keep giving me this error
here the link I hope you guys can tell how to fix this error
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16i-i7sOiSbRBqWZ0XVSnJdi8Cy39aKou/view?usp=sharing

also why the heck did you guys removed the Zoom setting >.> please bring that back........  :shame:

The problem is that Localcoord needs 2 values and you used one.
#100  March 30, 2020, 10:44:56 PM
    • Greece
There is an Ikemen go screen corner bug with Juri's han(prime's version) super move Statedef 3550(lvl 2 version has it also)  when you execute super with the player 2 at the stage's corner juri han doesn't go behind the enemy(At mugen goes behind the enemy).Wesker by infinite has the same problem with his gun super move with enemy at stage corner when you use him at Ikemen go.