YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1278423 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5021  October 23, 2020, 10:13:39 AM
- 1 is the first game in the chronology.
- 2 is a sidestory to 1, you don't need to play either to understand the other.
- 3 is a both a remake and a direct sequel to 1 and supercedes it.
- 4 was basically unrelated to the original trilogy, but the lore of dragons binds them together.
- 5 is a sidestory to 4, you need to play 4 to understand it but 5 has no real impact on 4.
- 6 is in a completely different timeline/universe.
- 7 is a direct prequel to 6.
- 8 is in a completely different timeline/universe, not related to 6 either.
- 9 is in a completely different timeline/universe, not related to 6 or 8, either.
- 10 is a direct sequel to 9.
- 11 is a remake and supercedes 1, but not 3.
- 12 is a remake and supercedes 3.
- 13 (Awakening) is a distant sequel to the original trilogy and also introduced the concept of a multiverse and sidestories of dubious canonicity that imply a larger cohesive universe through multiple eras, but it's all fanservice.
There's a 2 hours + video on Youtube explaining the evolution of the franchise, and I like the approach it gives, that there's an overarching theme of the evolution of the relationship between humans and dragons, the wars, the worship, the assimilation...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5022  October 23, 2020, 08:49:09 PM
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Also good to know the timeline/interconnectivity, thanks.  3 and 11/12 sounds odd when there's also that DS version of FE 1 out there as well.  Is that a Metroid II/AM2R/Samus Returns sort of deal in the FE community?
From my understanding, the DS games ARE 11/12
#5023  October 23, 2020, 10:42:18 PM
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
They are.

- 1, 2 Famicom
- 3, 4, 5 Superfamicom
- 6, 7, 8 GBA
- 9 GC
- 10 Wii