Re: Yumi
#2  January 26, 2020, 11:56:14 PM
    • Argentina
OMG OMG OMG OMG!
#3  January 27, 2020, 12:14:47 AM
  • The 'Why Not Both?' Boy
    • UK

She can sorta infinite with Air Throw, Crouching D, Air Throw, and so on, unless the damage scaling makes up for this in some fashion.
Also the Repeat and w/e for Dancing As One: Yin doesn't hit quick enough so the combo doesn't go on.
#4  January 27, 2020, 12:32:35 AM
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • www.dailymotion.com/2a8130871d2742d2f4da3b069
 That air combo is invalid due to hitstun decay, so, it'll quickly be techable after two or three repetitions.

If the target in question has no air teching of any kind, that's on the character instead.
#5  January 27, 2020, 12:49:01 AM
    • USA
She can sorta infinite with Air Throw, Crouching D, Air Throw, and so on, unless the damage scaling makes up for this in some fashion.

As Nep Heart said, this is invalid as the opponent is able to recover right at the top of the arc after wall bouncing:
https://streamable.com/yjiwu

Also the Repeat and w/e for Dancing As One: Yin doesn't hit quick enough so the combo doesn't go on.

That is actually how it is in the source. The repeated first step is mostly just for catching the opponent off guard when they are expecting you to use one of her other follow ups.
#6  January 27, 2020, 01:14:28 AM
  • I do feedback on detail and aesthetics.
    • USA
Thanks for the release. No issues on my end as I should have pointed out most of them already.

By the way, I found misaligned hitsparks on some of your earlier characters when they are jumping. Mostly the ones before Misaka as I was pointing out around her later on. What I pointed out before was shockwave effects as it was more major. I didn't want to PM you again unless I found something related to Yumi, which I haven't. Here are those who have them:

-Mai's Suzuran.
-Mika's jumping MA.
-Gordeau's jumping HA (Only noticeable if the opponent is higher than him).
-Azrael's jumping MA (Only noticeable if the opponent is higher than him).
-Terumi's jumping HA.
-Waldstein's crouching MA/HA (When hit high up in the air), Wirbelwind (When hitting opponents in the air), jumping WA (When hit on the ground) and jumping MA.
-All 3 of Wagner's jumping attacks.

No need to show screenshots of each of them being fixed, just letting you know when you get around it. Also speaking about Misaka, her Girder Strike has a misaligned normal ground shockwave if the opponent is hit by it and touches the ground (I didn't notice it before as it was blocked by my custom fightfx's strong ground shockwaves. It also plays a strong ground shockwave sound effect instead of a normal one).

That is actually how it is in the source. The repeated first step is mostly just for catching the opponent off guard when they are expecting you to use one of her other follow ups.
That's also why I did not mention that while I was testing. If you would actually kept the combo going, it would resort to an infinite as Yumi can spam it. And that is something you do not want. So I had a hunch it was intentional.
#7  January 27, 2020, 02:44:40 AM
I'm downloading. Thanks for bringing her to mugen!
does she have her japanese voice?
#8  January 27, 2020, 04:23:11 AM
    • USA
#9  January 27, 2020, 08:38:04 AM
  • The 'Why Not Both?' Boy
    • UK

#10  January 27, 2020, 08:54:54 AM
    • Japan
I'm sorry to comment on English sentences using machine translation.

Nice to meet you.
We support your activities in mugen.

Are you sure you want to improve the default AI?
If you can improve AI without frustration, please let me know because I want to publish it on Google Drive.
#11  January 27, 2020, 09:23:45 AM
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
It's a great news that Adachi will be your next character... but he wasn't in the poll, what happened?
#12  January 27, 2020, 11:48:13 AM
so...you don't do your poll thing no more?
#13  January 27, 2020, 01:17:26 PM
    • USA
There’s individuals that rig the pull that’s why OHMSBY is done with the pulls for now.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#14  January 27, 2020, 01:19:53 PM
  • R.I.P. Sindel, Queen of Edenia (1995-2019)
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/MacaulynGameLover
I'm glad she is finally here, best part is I actually can play well with her, unlike Kokonoe... also, kinda disappointed about the next character, would have loved to see Blitztank, but I can't blame you for ditching the polls after last release's events.

so...you don't do your poll thing no more?
People cheated on the last poll, leading into the creation of another poll, in which people also cheated, and it ended up being a really annoying thing to deal with. Yumi was the one being cheated for, but even with the cheaters being caught and their votes not counted, she still won, so it doesn't make the polls reliable.
#15  January 27, 2020, 02:20:10 PM
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#16  January 27, 2020, 08:01:25 PM
    • Canada
Looks awesome as usual, definitely adding Adachi when he's done
#17  January 27, 2020, 10:04:00 PM
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Really good char and very good choice for your next character, good luck.
#18  January 27, 2020, 11:15:07 PM
#19  January 28, 2020, 01:58:30 AM
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

The ice (waifu :P) shinobi is in! Such awesome work you did OHMSBY. :)
And what a great surprise to see Adachi coming next. I'm curious if you'll do Mitsuru to have the special interaction with Yumi, it's one of my favorite ones from Cross Tag.

Also, just one thing to report that i see during my recording of the video.
- Ragna just don't die to Yumi's Astral Heat. Don't know if this happend only with him.
#20  January 28, 2020, 03:51:03 AM
    • USA
kinda disappointed about the next character, would have loved to see Blitztank, but I can't blame you for ditching the polls after last release's events.

Just to be clear, this doesn't mean that all of the poll characters have been canceled, so Blitztank will definitely still be happening eventually.

the astral heat (as in "ice queen") is too hard to pull off

The Astral Heat is specifically meant to be a finishing move. The opponent needs to be down to a quarter of their health or below first, otherwise nothing happens.

- Ragna just don't die to Yumi's Astral Heat. Don't know if this happend only with him.

Turns out that this was just a Ragna thing. He's been fixed now so go ahead and redownload him.
#21  January 28, 2020, 06:39:38 AM
    • Australia
Man, i just realiced this is the first Senran Kagura character ever made on mugen! as far y know.
I can't wait to see if Holn is interested on making AI.
Her english voice this is the first time i ear it and is not bad. I just like the Japanese too much, maybe im just used to it?
Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:11:12 AM by muraa
#22  January 28, 2020, 07:02:58 AM
  • Osu!
  • Screenpack Creator.
    • Brazil
    • www.cvsextreme.com
Sorry about his question, but why these chars don't have walk forward?
#23  January 28, 2020, 07:04:54 AM
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Man, i just realiced this is the first Senran Kagura carácter ever made on mugen! as far y know.
I can't wait to see if Holn is interested on making AI.
Her english voice this is the first time i ear it amd os mpt bad. I just like the Japanese too much, maybe im just used to it?

It isn't. There's also that poorly done MVC Homura.
My hat is a pancake.
#24  January 28, 2020, 07:07:49 AM
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

BBTag literally has forward no walk for the majority of the cast, so, the author has to compensate with using their back walk animations in reverse.
#25  January 28, 2020, 07:12:35 AM
Any plans to make Susanoo in the future?
i love her astral eat, is nice
#26  January 28, 2020, 10:49:52 AM
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

BBTag literally has forward no walk for the majority of the cast, so, the author has to compensate with using their back walk animations in reverse.

Specifically if you're not named Azrael, Tager, Hakumen, Nine, Waldstein or Blitztank, you will auto dash instead as only those characters can walk forward normally. This means that every character who's sprites were created specifically for this game (RWBY characters, Heart and Yumi[Blitztabk too but see above]) they didn't bother to do walking forward sprites for them.
#27  January 30, 2020, 03:19:49 AM
    • Zimbabwe
Guilty Gear characters in your style PLEASE
#28  January 30, 2020, 03:21:42 AM
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Never thought of that, although would definitely be down for an OHMS Sol, Slayer or Baiken.
#29  January 30, 2020, 04:31:03 AM
    • USA
I actually have thought about working on Guilty Gear quite a few times, It'd be fun to try implementing some elements from the Xrd movesets. Faust is easily one of my favorite fighting game characters, so I would love to work on him, I just haven't quite figured out how he would work in cross tag.
#30  January 30, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
I actually have thought about working on Guilty Gear quite a few times, It'd be fun to try implementing some elements from the Xrd movesets. Faust is easily one of my favorite fighting game characters, so I would love to work on him, I just haven't quite figured out how he would work in cross tag.

guilty gear characters do not appear on "blazblue cross tag battle", am I wrong?
#31  January 30, 2020, 02:08:07 PM
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
It would be very good news that you made characters from Guilty Gear! And with the Xrd sprites... more!
#32  January 30, 2020, 08:10:08 PM
Oh, XRD? like that man or bedman? i have never saw them in mugen.
#33  January 31, 2020, 02:22:05 AM
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Oh, XRD? like that man or bedman? i have never saw them in mugen.

I don't think THAT MAN is in battle. Bedman does, But they do have some tinkering to be dealt with before they're in MUGEN.
Sigh.
#34  January 31, 2020, 05:04:36 AM
    • Argentina
Margaret P4AU or Hilda under night in-birth please! :P
#35  January 31, 2020, 05:38:28 AM
SO GOOD JOB!!!!THANks!
#36  January 31, 2020, 08:10:54 AM
  • it was an honor to meet you~
    • Indonesia
nice work! looking forward for your new BBTAG style character on future!
#37  February 02, 2020, 06:34:15 PM
  • I play things
  • Now with rotating avatar
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Big

Re: Yumi v1.01
#38  February 02, 2020, 07:38:34 PM
    • USA
And fixed. Go ahead and redownload her:

- Fixed an error where Whirling Fan/Snow bird would turn into a wide Yumi clone upon contact with certain projectiles
Re: Yumi v1.01
#39  February 03, 2020, 03:34:24 AM
  • I do feedback on detail and aesthetics.
    • USA
After testing, I noticed something when you made this update. The opponent no longer has an icicle effect when hitting the opponent twice with Snow Bird and just gets hit normally. This also allows the opponent to be able to block the ground A Snow Bird while in the frozen state, which they shouldn't be able to do. There's no mention of this change, so that previous fix was pretty much pointless now? I think the bug Mr. Fael mentioned caused an imbalance with the character.

Another thing I forgot to mention that the projectiles doesn't dissipate when it makes contact to the ground with B Snow Bird and just passes through it. Was this intentional too?
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:40:33 AM by SolidZone 26
Re: Yumi v1.011
#40  February 03, 2020, 04:09:19 AM
    • USA
Whoops, Guess I've been having a bit of an off day. None of that was intentional, but it has all been fixed. Go ahead and redownload her:

- Fixed an error where freezing the opponent does not work as intended
- Fixed an error where snow bird does not collide with the floor
#41  February 05, 2020, 07:35:34 AM
    • Argentina
ohh! nice work!
Heart Aino bbtag style OHMSBY in the future? maybe?
#42  February 05, 2020, 10:53:11 AM
    • Puerto Rico
Don't be rude and ask for stuff to be made. Besides Ohmsby already has his WIP choices made.
#43  February 05, 2020, 04:29:34 PM
Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:13:42 PM by ComboAssassin20
#44  February 05, 2020, 07:11:43 PM
    • Argentina
Sorry, I didn't want to sound rude. ¡Adachi is a great character! Good luck in your next job!
#45  February 07, 2020, 01:56:26 AM
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
Did a quick play test and have some critique.

Code:
ground.hittime  = 30
guard.hittime  = 50
Yumi's dive attack (state 220) has a long block stun. Guard hit time and ground hit time should be the same. Are you referencing the source game for hit times or is this intentional?
Re: Yumi v1.012
#46  February 07, 2020, 04:02:55 AM
    • USA
While I don't go for 100% accuracy, I do try to avoid straying too far from the source, So I have been referencing BBTag's data. As a matter of fact, I actually made the frame disadvantage on her Dive higher here (-8 vs -4 in the source). The guard.hittime being higher that the ground.hittime actually was an oversight though, thank you for pointing that out.

Another quick update to address the guard.hittime on the dive. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Guard.hittime and Ground.hittime for 5C/jC now match
#47  February 16, 2020, 07:08:29 PM
    • USA
While I don't go for 100% accuracy, I do try to avoid straying too far from the source, So I have been referencing BBTag's data. As a matter of fact, I actually made the frame disadvantage on her Dive higher here (-8 vs -4 in the source). The guard.hittime being higher that the ground.hittime actually was an oversight though, thank you for pointing that out.

Another quick update to address the guard.hittime on the dive. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Guard.hittime and Ground.hittime for 5C/jC now match

I actually found another bug, but the problem is I don't have it on video. And I've been trying to get it to happen again, but unfortunately it only happened once. I've spent time trying to get it to happen again so I can capture it on video/screenshot but it didn't happen.
Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:18:33 PM by Capricorn Kid
#48  February 16, 2020, 08:04:30 PM
    • USA
Okay.

Can you at least describe what the bug is?
#49  February 16, 2020, 08:19:04 PM
    • USA
Okay.

Can you at least describe what the bug is?

Well, I watched a match with Yumi vs The Rox Howard Clones (By Most_Mysterious), and when she went against them 2 Yumis appeared in the middle of the match. I believe this happened when she used an aerial attack and at the same time one of the RH clones used their proton cannon or something like that. There were so many RH clones on the screen I couldn't make out exactly what caused the bug, but i'm 90% sure that was the case. I also tested this out with your other characters and it hasn't happened with them. But if that bug happened with the RH Clones, it could probably happen with another character.
Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:20:28 PM by Capricorn Kid
#50  February 16, 2020, 08:39:03 PM
    • USA
I think I know what you're talking about. There was a bug where her projectile would turn into a clone if it made contact with certain other projectiles (Which seems to be the beam from proton canon in this case), this also happened with the aerial version of the projectile.

This bug has already been fixed, you'll just have to redownload her.
#51  February 17, 2020, 01:19:19 AM
    • USA
I think I know what you're talking about. There was a bug where her projectile would turn into a clone if it made contact with certain other projectiles (Which seems to be the beam from proton canon in this case), this also happened with the aerial version of the projectile.

This bug has already been fixed, you'll just have to redownload her.

But, I already have the latest update and it happened recently (2 days ago), that's what i'm trying to tell you. I'm going to try to get it to happen again so I can show you.
#52  February 17, 2020, 02:21:47 AM
    • USA
I'm not really sure what else it could be. As far as I'm aware, helpers being put into states that they were not supposed to be put into is the only way the clone bug can occur. I also downloaded the Rox Howard Clones and tried every scenario that fits your description, and I've turned up with nothing. So I guess if you actually do run into this problem again, please let me know.
#53  February 17, 2020, 04:17:50 AM
    • USA
I'm not really sure what else it could be. As far as I'm aware, helpers being put into states that they were not supposed to be put into is the only way the clone bug can occur. I also downloaded the Rox Howard Clones and tried every scenario that fits your description, and I've turned up with nothing. So I guess if you actually do run into this problem again, please let me know.

I got the bug again, this time with screenshots.

https://imgur.com/IFIVwwj

https://imgur.com/bptZA7d

Sorry, I don't know how to properly upload screenshots here.
#54  February 17, 2020, 06:05:39 AM
    • USA
Judging by the screen shots, this seems to be a bug that only happens in simul mode, which must be why I couldn't get anything to happen on my end since I've been using single mode. All my characters have been coded with only single and turns mode in mind. If this is just simul mode thing, then there's nothing I can do as trying to fix it will end up breaking her for the other modes.
#55  February 17, 2020, 06:45:13 AM
    • USA
Oh ok
Judging by the screen shots, this seems to be a bug that only happens in simul mode, which must be why I couldn't get anything to happen on my end since I've been using single mode. All my characters have been coded with only single and turns mode in mind. If this is just simul mode thing, then there's nothing I can do as trying to fix it will end up breaking her for the other modes.

Oh ok then.
#56  March 02, 2020, 04:04:08 PM
    • USA
Ok I found a bug, this time it was in 1v1.

#57  March 02, 2020, 07:37:23 PM
    • USA
maybe try to provide feedback about the bug, instead of "o, hey! I found a bug!"... a picture helps only so much...
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#58  March 02, 2020, 08:03:19 PM
    • USA
Ok, I was doing a match with Yumi and everything was fine but for some reason this bug happened during her Astral Finish. This the first time I've seen this bug, obviously, otherwise I would have reported it sooner.
#59  March 02, 2020, 10:44:46 PM
    • Puerto Rico
What he meant was describing what was happening before the bug triggered. What's the other character, what were they doing, etc
#60  March 02, 2020, 11:07:20 PM
    • USA
What he meant was describing what was happening before the bug triggered. What's the other character, what were they doing, etc

Oh, I was doing a 1v1 match. I was playing as Yumi and the other character was Super Mario. (by ShinRyoga/NeOaNkH) As I said everything went great, but when Yumi became the Ice Queen this happened, But only during the first half, the rest of the Astral was normal.
Re: Yumi v1.013
#61  March 03, 2020, 01:41:41 AM
    • USA
Alright, it should be fixed now. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Modified angledraw codes during Ice Queen to prevent the rare occasion of Yumi unexpectedly rotating
Re: Yumi v1.013
#62  March 05, 2020, 12:21:51 AM
    • USA
Alright, it should be fixed now. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Modified angledraw codes during Ice Queen to prevent the rare occasion of Yumi unexpectedly rotating

I found another bug, I did a match and it went like this, It happened when Bison (by P.O.T.S.) was doing a running attack and he got defeated by Yumi's Black Ice move. I think it also has something to do with the fact that Bison has super armor.

Re: Yumi v1.014
#63  March 05, 2020, 01:11:53 AM
    • USA
Fixed. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Fixed an error where the Black Ice projectile would stay in place at the end of a round under certain conditions
#64  March 05, 2020, 10:20:28 AM
OHMSBY I love your work. Thank you!
#65  March 07, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
    • Japan
I love your work, Great Yumi :)
#66  May 02, 2020, 01:06:13 AM
    • Brazil
#67  May 05, 2020, 08:02:55 PM
    • USA
I found another bug, everytime Deadpool (by infinite) uses his Fourth Wall super as a finishing move this happens.

Well, only with Yumi.

I tried it with your other characters and the super goes as it normally would.

Re: Yumi v1.015
#68  May 06, 2020, 05:00:36 AM
    • USA
Yumi has been updated. Go ahead and redownload her:

- Slightly increased the height the opponent is launched after being hit by 5C, jC, or the last hit of aerial rave
- Fixed an error where the whirlwind effect would sometimes show up on the wrong side in Ikemen GO
- Fixed an error where the Ultra Burst aura may not appear
- Ultra burst aura will now longer show up during custom states

I found another bug, everytime Deadpool (by infinite) uses his Fourth Wall super as a finishing move this happens.

Ok, so I tried this out for myself, and the super worked perfectly fine with Yumi, both in 1.0 and 1.1. I could have very well fixed it without even knowing that I did when I was working on the other stuff before then. Go ahead and redownload her at let me know if this still happens for you.

#69  May 07, 2020, 05:13:29 AM
    • USA
Ok I'm back to report another bug, this one is similar to the bug I posted about. While watching a match, Yumi's Black Ice move once again got stuck, this time at the edge of the stage and it stayed that way for the rest of the round.

#70  May 07, 2020, 05:42:54 AM
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
When a bug like that happens usually the stage is the one to blame, not the char.

Even if the code of the projectile gets tweaked and/or improved it isn't guaranteed that it will work flawless on every stage.
#71  May 07, 2020, 06:00:44 AM
    • USA
When a bug like that happens usually the stage is the one to blame, not the char.

Even if the code of the projectile gets tweaked and/or improved it isn't guaranteed that it will work flawless on every stage.

Oh, I see what you mean.
#72  May 07, 2020, 07:26:46 AM

I had that problem before with Charizard on a certain stage. Managed to fix the stage eventually it was quite easy.
Let me know if you don't figure it out I'll look into it again, it should be somewhere in the stage's def with the boundaries of the walls.
#73  May 10, 2020, 09:19:41 AM
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
where can download more chars this serie?
#74  May 10, 2020, 07:05:52 PM
    • tehwii@gmail.com