It's back, the somewhat annual mugen AI tournament, with a bit of a change from past tournament. Felt like bringing this back into action since it has been more than a year since last tournament. I will be making a video about this later to get people from YT interested in this.
What is this?
This is a mugen AI tournament involving teams of four characters similar to King of fighters in turns fashion.
What's up with the "Revival" in the title instead of just Togmat 5
I've changed up the name a bit according to a post I made three months ago meaning there are going to be some rule changes from previous tournaments.
Why haven't you posted your combo comp yet
I've been a bit busy with college as of late and also interest upon finishing it has waned on me. I Still do have said files for it, I just haven't edited them into a video yet and AI tournaments are more of an interest to me know. I'll probably do so when I'm motivated.
These rules will be very similar to previous tournaments, albeit with some changes as stated to accommodate for the new engine setup.
- Small/Chibi characters are going to be upscaled via localcord or blue CLSNS arbitrarily raised to be hittable by standing punches. However if said characters was like that in a source fighting game it's allowed (E.G choi, iggy, etc.)
- No characters with insta-kills/OHKO's this time
- No characters that perform infinities
- No characters that start before the round starts (I'll be checking for this)
- No characters with resurrections this time
- No bonus game/Onslaught type characters
- No characters with constant super amour
- Provide links to said characters
- Characters will be set up to load up immediately so their is no AI load up advantage (AKA the impossible commands AI activation method being shit)
- Make sure you characters have a visible form of AI
- If you want your character in a specific mode (AKA selecting specific groove for a CvS2 character, etc.) do let me know
- Do note despite the rules on this list I can ban a character for any reason I see fit
- 99 time a 60 ticks
- %120 life
- Losers Bracket
- No champion team this time
EDIT: For now on future tournaments I'll keep this ban list of characters/authors that do happen to fall under the rule set but I've decided are absolutely not fun to watch with them plowing the competition with little effort, being in line with the last rule. Exceptions may occur if proven otherwise.
Spoiler: Ban List (click to see content)
Link to signup spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VO08Fq77Q6du_otk0jIy4tM7ULO2wwWoislpn7FMmaU/edit?usp=sharing
Tournament Starts at March 24 at 1:00 PM MST https://youtu.be/XfgoC6Bw3C0