YesNoOk

Disabling all input when round over. (Read 2228 times)

Started by Kolossoni, February 11, 2020, 08:06:44 am
Share this topic:
Disabling all input when round over.
New #1  February 11, 2020, 08:06:44 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
How would you disable all input (i.e. attacks, movements, taunts etc) when a round is over?
This is to prevent additional moves from happening when the round is already done.

I got the movement part kinda done with assertspecial = nowalk, but the other inputs are still hard to prevent.
Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:05:32 pm by Kolossoni
Re: Disabling all input when round over.
#2  February 11, 2020, 08:11:29 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
You can do it through your lifebar.

Look for over.waittime
#3  February 11, 2020, 09:56:00 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#4  February 11, 2020, 09:33:40 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
add roundstate=2 in all his CMD moves
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  February 12, 2020, 09:43:00 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If you're hell bent on making everything stop as soon as the round's over, you could use what XGargoyle mentioned, but force it into a custom state.
In your statedef -1, and in your statedef -2, put a changestate with trigger1 = roundstate=2. Use triggerlall to make sure you're alive.
You'll want the state to have N physics and see if you're standing on the ground. If not, fall to the ground and set the vel and pos to 0s. But you can make it use Anim 0 or what ever you'd like. Just shove it into that state for like 10 tics and you should be gold.

Some characters can keep attacking after P2 dies. It's a little annoying. I think Evil Ken and Evil Ryu do this a lot.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#6  February 13, 2020, 08:48:02 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Roundstate 2 is fight phase. If the ai is in the cmd and ctrl is allowed back they'll stop. Older ais coded in statedef -2 need roundstate added because -2 is run even when the round finishes.

Xgargoyles is gonna be reliable. Odbs will work but you'll want roundstate != 2 on the triggers to kill the ai. One good reason to still use a variable. You can turn the ai on and off at will

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.