YesNoOk

Unable to play this KOF mugen game (Read 3569 times)

Started by bane72, November 13, 2020, 07:08:20 am
Share this topic:
Unable to play this KOF mugen game
#1  November 13, 2020, 07:08:20 am
    • Afghanistan
I need some help with this mugen game, it's called "The King Of Fighters Definitive Match" (KOF Definitive Match).
It's one of the most popular KOF mugen games out there, like Wing and Zillion, anyways, i can't play this game at all, i won't get past the white loading screen, when i launch the .exe the game starts loading for a few seconds, but ultimately crashes and i get this error:

I already tried re-downloading the game like one hundred times and i tried every link from every channel i could find that had a link to download this game and i get the same error always.
Some people were commenting that i had to change the render mode to "Direct X" or "System" since the game uses the OpenGL one, and while it certainly worked it's not a solution since it causes black screens and broken graphics, i am now able to launch the game without getting any error and i can hear sounds but i can't see anything, just an empty black screen, so changing the render mode doesn't seem to fix anything.
I thought it was a problem with the config / system files which i edited to see if the game worked but i get error after error, so i have no idea what's causing the game to crash, the users that uploaded this game to youtube don't have any issue at all, i asked about this and they just told me to re download the game again, lol
So, how can i fix this? I swear i tried to find a solution everywhere but no one helped me, i am not the only one with this problem by the way, as i see some more users on youtube that posted a comment about this problem too.
In case anyone is wondering, yes, my drivers are updated so that's not it.
Never had any problem with any mugen game using OpenGL render until this day.
If you want to check it out just type "kof definitive match" on youtube, the first video that pops up from the user "NafrielX" has the link of the version i am using (but then again, i already tried every link i could find and i get the same error nonetheless).
Re: Unable to play this KOF mugen game
#2  November 13, 2020, 03:55:16 pm
  • Why,
I not know how it "work" at my side... Maybe it get that at some files are hiden?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#3  November 14, 2020, 02:16:09 am
    • Afghanistan
I not know how it "work" at my side... Maybe it get that at some files are hiden?

Hello there, bud!
Yes, some of the files of the mugen game are hidden but that's not the issue at all, i already tried unchecking the "hidden" option of the files that were hidden previously, but i get the same error again, i also unchecked the "read only" option just in case, and still no luck.
#4  November 14, 2020, 09:53:51 pm
  • Why,

Hello there, bud!
Yes, some of the files of the mugen game are hidden but that's not the issue at all, i already tried unchecking the "hidden" option of the files that were hidden previously, but i get the same error again, i also unchecked the "read only" option just in case, and still no luck.
Strange? I don´t haven´t any P at game, only it was just 4+start persons... which i not like :( ...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#5  November 19, 2020, 10:11:14 am
    • Afghanistan

Hello there, bud!
Strange? I don´t haven´t any P at game, only it was just 4+start persons... which i not like :( ...

You don't have any problem with the game?
I would like to know what's causing it to crash on my pc, but this forum post is my last attempt to find an answer.