YesNoOk

Blade/Jihad updated to 1.03, 7/14/2008 (Read 9431 times)

Started by Doggiedoo, July 10, 2008, 06:08:57 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Blade/Jihad updated to 1.03, 7/14/2008
#21  July 14, 2008, 08:21:12 PM
I agree with everyone, Kong made blade even though you made him too. Why should it matter if someone else is making a character that you want to make? Make who you want to make! :sugoi:
#22  July 14, 2008, 08:27:11 PM
+1

good luck with Gigi
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#23  July 14, 2008, 09:15:49 PM
I agree with everyone, Kong made blade even though you made him too. Why should it matter if someone else is making a character that you want to make? Make who you want to make! :sugoi:
I agree. You should create any character you want, even if it has been/is being made on, for there's no competition to be the 1st & only one to create a particular character (at least, from me). Whichever ones you choose to create, I wish you luck  ;)
#24  July 14, 2008, 09:28:52 PM
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
I think another thing (at least for me) is I also love your work because I like/respect you as a person. So even if something got made "well" By another author I'd still enjoy your version equally at the very least due to that. For me it adds something when I can feel like "Wow, I really love this guy and his work. I can't wait to see what character he releases next!" Because it sort of keeps mugen interesting and fun. I don't feel that way about many authors so I know it would make me sad to see you not make stuff like Nool and Lavia since they'd been done before.

Obviously the most important thing is going with your heart and doing what makes you happy above all else. But as I said before never let other stuff be dictate what you make. Your work is far, far too high quality for that.

Leo:
If you made him I'd suggest having either the weapon disappear or have him pick it up. Picking it up would probably make the most sense by far, though.

I have to be honest I'd sort of rather see you make a Tabasa than Leo. Although, no good leo has been done, either. (just an incomplete mvc one and that cvs2 thing) So -shrug- I'll always prefer the bosses probably so meh.  ;P
(I think Leo could be a potentially nicer character. Provided you wanted to get sort of creative with his weapons, though he'd be harder too I'd imagine)

I do think if you gave him his alternate swords you should change him to make them serve a purpose other than looking fancy. Like for example, his thunder elemental sword could cause thunder to strike. Ice could freeze you, ect.
Plus each could get their own special super attacks or something. You could even go as far as to let a player select their weapon during the intro like how valdoll can select dragons. (optional feature obviously)

Blade:
He seems perfect now! Loving the new super bg. Didn't notice any funny behavior or anything. Lovely work! =D
#25  July 15, 2008, 03:46:49 AM
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
Hey if you are looking for a char to make.... how bout helping me with S. Giest? i know asura blade isnt your specialty, but i have a feeling you would be great as far as accuracy/feedback.  ;P
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
#26  July 15, 2008, 05:11:01 AM
as far as i know leo can change swords in the middle of combat. If not, implementing that should be a must. What i saw in warzard about those swords is that they have those special effects of each one attached and that the bosses were especially more vulnerable to some of them, while others don´t, etc. Example: fire sword was stronger against nool, nearly no effect on hauzer, and so on.

a Blade without the cape and those spiked shoulders is an interesting thing too. With some more customizations to make him unique.
#27  July 15, 2008, 06:08:01 PM
Alright, since Tabasa is well underway and Cray emphasises accuracy, I'ma try Leo. It'd be a nice change of pace from coaxing the bosses into doing their various techniques. Need to plan ahead with him with respect to his weapons though, as changing their implementation half-way could require replacing most of his sprites. There's still some other options to be considered; will make a thread in the projects section to discuss further.

I can help out with testing S.Giest and any problem spots in the coding, but my understanding of Asura Blade's gameplay is quite limited, especially considering how loose it feels. Stuff like verifying hitpauses and anim speeds should be fine, though.
Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:40:12 PM by Doggiedoo

DMX

#28  July 16, 2008, 12:41:14 AM
I really do hope that you do plan to make a Tabasa some time in the future. Cray is far from accurate. His Kenji felt nothing like it should.
#29  July 16, 2008, 12:48:31 AM
his kenji was not even finished, he is also updating kenji now, well, we will see when he does a full release of the two.

DMX

#30  July 16, 2008, 12:55:33 AM
It's hard to make something accurate when you're adding MVC2 elements.
#31  July 16, 2008, 12:58:02 AM
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Especially those that don't even work right, but I digress...

If you made him I'd suggest having either the weapon disappear or have him pick it up. Picking it up would probably make the most sense by far, though.
If you mean having weapons be able to be knocked off and picked up (like Balrog/Vega and his claw and mask), then you do realize that is impossible to get correct due to throws, right?
#32  July 16, 2008, 02:04:27 AM
I really do hope that you do plan to make a Tabasa some time in the future. Cray is far from accurate. His Kenji felt nothing like it should.
You're right, and I've never claimed accuracy. Will My Tabasa be 100% accurate? Due to the limitations of mugen, no, but I strive to make her VERY close, along with some custom stuff.

It's hard to make something accurate when you're adding MVC2 elements.
Guess you never played with my 1st Kenji I made over 2 years ago ::). The MvC-style Kenji is for a game project, so of course he's NOT supposed to be accurate to Warzard. Anyways, like Ohsky said my 1ST one is being updated and will be VERY close to Warzard style. You can find my WIP thread @ MI and Infinity, for those that are interested. For those who can wait and want a fun character, then you'll be in for a treat in a few months.

@Doggiedoo: Good luck on Leo, for the weapons system is gonna be a tough thing to code. Still, you are talented so I'm sure you will come through. But, if you ever feel like making a Kenji or Tessa in the future, by all means it would be great to see another interpretation of the characters.

#33  July 16, 2008, 02:49:58 AM
so it seems the custom state wich appears in throws are one of those limitations of mugen you talk about?  ???
New #34  July 16, 2008, 05:15:11 AM
Yeah... the limitation is that there can be only one set of required sprites which will show up during custom state anims, so only one weapon can be shown in them (or no weapon at all) per .sff file. Also, during custom state anims, there are no triggers to find which of the victim's sprites are being used, so you can't even paste a helper on top of him to simulate different weapons being held. Hence why the weapon must either disappear or morph to default when Leo is thrown.

Thanks for the encouragement! At least Leo's gameplay is fairly straightforward. It's the Warzard system that's going to be the most troublesome to implement.
Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:55:58 AM by Doggiedoo