YesNoOk

You can Solve your own Topics! (Read 105530 times)

Started by Cyanide, November 21, 2009, 03:51:46 am
Share this topic:
You can Solve your own Topics!
New #1  November 21, 2009, 03:51:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Just a note for anyone posting here.

You will note that on topics you have a nice little

Showing up. Please make sure that when your topic is solved you mark it with the

That way people can tell it's been fixed. This is possible for the topic creator.

The option is available at the bottom of the thread if you created it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:03:25 am by Cyanide
Re: New topic icons!
#2  November 22, 2009, 02:33:48 pm
How do you change it?
#3  November 22, 2009, 11:39:16 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
For me i have an option at the bottom of the thread "solve/unsolve" You ought to as well. Otherwise, edit first post and change the icon.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  November 23, 2009, 01:20:34 am
  • I got a PM.
I've been solving some of them for people, is that bad or should I be doing that?
#5  November 23, 2009, 01:24:59 am
i was about to ask something in relation to your questions shamrock but it seems your questions answers mine unless its because of your mod abilities.
are normal users, apart from the thread creator, allowed to "solve" the thread as well?
#6  November 23, 2009, 01:59:15 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I hope not. That could get annoying.

I would prefer that the thread creator hit the solve option, but if they seem to be utterly ignoring any post after the "solution" has been posted setting them to solved is reasonable.

In fact, if something hit's page 2, and has a reply to the problem but is not classed as solved. Feel free to solve it. I consider page 2 the dead zone for any help thread. If it reaches there with nothing past one post, it's fixed and the OP doesn't care.

Are solve/unsolve showing for standard users?

#7  November 25, 2009, 01:27:04 am
i dont see the solve option when i enter a thread that is unsolved. it may just be exclusive to topic starter
Re: Please Solve your Topics if complete.
#8  March 17, 2012, 07:46:08 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Greetings to all. You will note we finally have the solved and unsolved icons back. To help us help you best, please make sure if something resolves your issue you hit the solved button.

If your topic reaches page 2 with a reply to the problem but it's still not solved i will be marking it as solved.

The creator of the thread should be able to do this.