YesNoOk

[IRL] No more PS3 4 me (Read 4179 times)

Started by walt, December 03, 2009, 06:57:59 pm
Share this topic:
[IRL] No more PS3 4 me
#1  December 03, 2009, 06:57:59 pm
  • SNK is life
... cuz someone broke into my house and stole it!  :gonk:

Also, all my PS3 games, my PS2 Slim, my DVD player and 2 watches. I'm not buying the games again :( (MGS4, Assassin's Creed, SF4, KOFXII, Dead Space, Batman Arkham Asylum). LUCKILY I lent my Xbox360 to a friend, and I was carrying both my Laptops in the car with me, so it could have been A LOT worse.

I called the emergency number (911 equivalent) as soon as I found out, when I got home back from work, and they didn't pick up. Had to call 3 times! WHAT IF THIS WAS A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH, DAMMIT? When they finally picked up, they said they'd send a Police Car to check things out. I waited for 1/2 hour and they never showed up, so I left everything as I found it, and headed to the Police station to formally file my complaint. I had to wait for around 1 more hour, and they finally took my statement. With my complaint receipt paper (yeah, like a store ticket), I have to go to the Investigation Agency today, or else they won't follow up on my complaint  --;

I called my parents after the complaint was filed, and when they showed up we talked for a bit, and we decided that given the circumstances it wasn't safe for me to stay in that house on my own anymore because I still had a lot of valuables in it ... So in the middle of the night, we started the MOVING OUT process. Yeah, 2 years of living on my own went to hell in a single night. We packed my clothes, my remaining appliances, and my remaining valuables - a vast collection of Original Music CDs, and PS2 games.

So, on the way back home, YES YOU GOT IT RIGHT, my car broke down.
Did I mention I also lost my Wallet 2 days ago?
The whole thing is a very humbling experience.
Re: [IRL] No more PS3 4 me
#2  December 03, 2009, 07:04:26 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
wow that was one hell of a week.  The Best of luck to you.  I just got done talking to my 2 friends and they said that someone broke in to their cars and stole there CDs and the Change...(only the silver ones 2) and left the GPS LOL.
#3  December 03, 2009, 07:22:24 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
shitsux man.  I've had a fair share of things stolen from me but not quite like what happened to you.  I feel for you.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#4  December 03, 2009, 07:29:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
O_O

Whoa, talk about a way to end the year! That sucks to hear! If it happened to me I'd probably not have much at home anymore ever again and just go out all the time. Or get all depressed, angsty, and emo...

I hope you get through this well without being jaded too much by it!
#5  December 03, 2009, 07:31:55 pm
  • I got a PM.
WHAT IF THIS WAS A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH, DAMMIT?

If you ask me, that is life or death.

I had this happen to my PS1 back in the days of the PS1. I didn't move out though, I just drank more out of nothing better to do, I also contemplated why they stole a No Doubt CD with the PlayStation but left the brand new surround sound system sitting there.

I called the cops, they show up, filed the report, and never talk to me ever again. 911 was on it in the first ring and the cops were there in minutes. So they react quickly here but they don't investigate anything, I don't care what CSI shows. They didn't even dust the left over empty shelf for prints.

OZ

#6  December 03, 2009, 07:34:42 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Hey, it could've been worse.
Your friend could have borrowed your PS3 instead, in which case you would have lost something of value. :haw:

jk

Sucks hard man.
Hope the authorities manage to do something. (though from your post, it doesn't seem likely)
I lost my debit card a couple of weeks ago, but it was nothing like this.
Good luck to you.
ಠ_ಠ
#7  December 03, 2009, 07:37:51 pm
Well that sucks...
How did the guy break into your house ? Unlocked door, broken window ? Anything that can be prevented from happening again ?
I dunno if the guy would be stupid enough to come back to the same place as he could get busted too easily (like you and a friend camping behind your door with a baseball bat or an ax, it's what I would do anyway), but then again I can't tell how people like that are thinking.
Did I mention I also lost my Wallet 2 days ago?
Wouldn't that be related if your wallet contained something like your address or keys or whatever.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  December 03, 2009, 07:39:11 pm
  • I got a PM.
Locks just keep honest people honest.
#9  December 03, 2009, 07:39:59 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
That sucks man. :(
Best of luck for you.

My neighbor living just on top of me got robbed 2 weeks ago during the afternoon. I'm really lucky it wasn't me. :S

like you and a friend camping behind your door with a baseball bat or an ax, it's what I would do anyway
These people usually check you're out before attempting something. It's not like you can afford to stay behind a door for a whole week just to check if the fucker will come back.
#10  December 03, 2009, 07:42:19 pm
Well the guy broke into his house in the first place when he wasn't even out, so what do I know. And it's kind of my point anyway, I wouldn't suppose his place was "not safe anymore", you're proving me right when saying he wouldn't come back :P
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  December 03, 2009, 08:02:52 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Fucking Murphy and his laws...
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#12  December 03, 2009, 08:44:24 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Most people here have very strong steel outer doors + gates + tons of locks. And this is a small town, one of the safer ones... :P

90% policía latinoamericana = will get your stuff only if you can give them something in exchange.
#13  December 03, 2009, 08:54:10 pm
I dunno if the guy would be stupid enough to come back to the same place as he could get busted too easily (like you and a friend camping behind your door with a baseball bat or an ax, it's what I would do anyway), but then again I can't tell how people like that are thinking.
This is a good point because thieves tend to return to a place they just busted into, to at least check it out, cause they know most people will continue to leave themselves vulnerable.

http://www.popcenter.org/problems/burglary_home/
Houses previously burglarized have a much higher risk of being burglarized than those never burglarized, partly because the factors that make them vulnerable once, such as occupancy or location, are difficult to change. Compared with non-burglarized houses, those previously targeted are up to four times more likely to be burglarized; any subsequent burglary is most likely to occur within six weeks of the initial crime. There are a variety of reasons suggested for revictimization: some houses offer cues of a good payoff or easy access; burglars return to houses for property left behind during the initial burglary; or burglars tell others about desirable houses. Burglars may also return to a target months later, to steal property the owners have presumably replaced through insurance proceeds. Numerous studies show that revictimization is most concentrated in lower-income areas, where burglaries are the most numerous.

Get some bait, get some friends, but first check the law. Here in Florida you can legally kill an intruder. But it's not like that everywhere.
Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:57:17 pm by Dr. House
#14  December 03, 2009, 09:59:35 pm
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
you shouldn't have told I was a drug-addict.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
just kidding. I lost a lot of money too recently (for worse business, like buying shit things on ebay). Bad karma, I'd say. Or get it as a sign, someone may want you to go out for a walk. Now walk.
#15  December 03, 2009, 10:40:46 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
buy house alarm, and change your lock. and also, get yourself a dog pet, doesn't have to be mean enough to eat the burglar alive, but one that barks or try to bite him.

Mog

#16  December 04, 2009, 02:12:45 am
... cuz someone broke into my house and stole it!  :gonk:

Things like this really irritate me.  It's also why I'm armed to the teeth and let everyone know it.  Protecting private property is a duty.  Your house is YOURS, no one has the right to be there uninvited.  And then the scum took things that belonged to you, things you worked for.  For whatever reason they felt entitled to just take your things...  grrrrr.

>:(
#17  December 04, 2009, 02:31:00 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages

Mog

#18  December 04, 2009, 02:36:49 am
I'm from the USA, we all sit on the front porch with our loaded shotguns just PRAYING for a trespasser to shoot. 

:bow:
#19  December 04, 2009, 02:39:30 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
in certain states its illegal to harm intruders, just letting you know. 
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan

Mog

#20  December 04, 2009, 02:42:12 am
Only those liberal ones that don't matter anyway.

:bow: