YesNoOk

capcom sprite riping (Read 1714 times)

Started by xxxXx, March 24, 2010, 10:29:49 pm
Share this topic:
capcom sprite riping
#1  March 24, 2010, 10:29:49 pm
Does any one know how to rip sprites from CPS2 games such as AVP or armored warriors where you hve multiple oponents (NOT like street fighter)? I tried to use artmoney, but all values I could find were things like timer or health :/

I don't know, if I'm posting on the correct section, but it's my first post in this kind of section so don't bash me to much :)

Re: capcom sprite riping
#2  March 24, 2010, 11:13:09 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Does any one know how to rip sprites from CPS2 games such as AVP or armored warriors where you hve multiple oponents (NOT like street fighter)? I tried to use artmoney, but all values I could find were things like timer or health :/

I don't know, if I'm posting on the correct section, but it's my first post in this kind of section so don't bash me to much :)
Your gonna want to get a emulator called Nebula
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Next, download your roms you'll rip from.
Now, run that rom on the emulator and get to a part of the game where you'll want to rip some sprites.
Go to file->pause, and then go to file->step frame. When you hold the spacebar you'll be able to resume the game and when you let go of spacebar then the game will freeze on that part.
First your going to wanna rip the stance sprite of the character so, let go of spacebar and then go into: video->cps1/cps2/arcade->shot factory (or something like that).
In Shot Factory you can disable sprites and skip frames every second for perfect ripping.
First disable all the layers except the characters layer. And now, change the background colour to magneta.
As the character we are using is standing all we gotta do is print screen that image and then open it up in a paint program and cut the sprite out.

If your character stance has animation then step frames 1-4 times until you see a new image of that character standing. Print screen, and cut out the sprite. Basically, all you have to do is copy this step over and sometimes disable sprites if an enemy is in the way of that animation your ripping.

1 more thing, your going to want to repeat the steps everytime you cancel out of Shot Factory as the game will carry on normally with no spacebar step frame or anything.

Hope I wasn't to confusing, lol.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#3  March 24, 2010, 11:32:18 pm
It's what I do all the time (that's how I've ripped all the cyberbots stages sprites). It's cool for backgrounds, but not for chars that are only CPU controlled. it's very hard for me to rip sprtes of throwing an opponent (any many others) the way you mentioned, as I need to grab my oponent ingame while skiping frames.  I wanted to use artmoney to force nebula to display certain frames, but I failed to do it.

anyway thanks for your help and best of luck on CCC (I'm hoping for a juicy release) :)

Again, I'd be grateful for some tips how to use artmoney on such games as armored warriors. my problem is I want to rip sprites of CPU controlled chars, not the ones contrplled by player...
Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:35:35 pm by xxxXx
#4  March 24, 2010, 11:42:06 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Ahh I see.
What I do when ripping enemies is just skip the frames everytime and hopefully get the enemy animation I'm looking for. Just disable the players sprite and make it so you can only see the enemy.
You'll get the hang of it, just a bit confusing at first.

Oh, and thanks.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#5  March 31, 2010, 01:21:13 am
someone managed to open the files. pcs of kof xii?