YesNoOk

Milan Flare - Golden Axe: The Duel (Read 22733 times)

Started by Count Monte, April 07, 2010, 11:55:42 am
Share this topic:
Milan Flare - Golden Axe: The Duel
#1  April 07, 2010, 11:55:42 am
The quest continues...  special thanks to Nemephosis for ripping sprites! 

VIDEO:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BelIoBCq86Y

Special Attacks
-----------------------

Projectile : Charge B, F + x or y or z
Spinning Blades :Charge B, F + x or y or z
Spinning Blades Vertical : Charge D, U, + x or y or z
Aerial Attack:  Hold D, U, + a or b or c -- then hit a or b or c again when over player 2
Throw - Hold toward opponent and hit Fierce Punch
Leg Lock - Hold toward opponent and hit Fierce Kick

Super Attack (uses 1 power bar )
-------------

Super Combo : 2QCF + Jab punch
Tornado:  2QCF + Fierce Punch

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmdmktaqjt
Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:12:08 pm by Count Monte
Re: Milan Flare - Golden Axe: The Duel
#2  April 07, 2010, 03:46:35 pm
Ahh, great job man :)

I love Golden Axe:  The Duel
#3  April 07, 2010, 03:57:33 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
That was pretty fast man, I know a few people that will love this release  :sugoi:
#4  April 07, 2010, 04:03:55 pm
  • Over so soon?
 ;Dyou choiCe a great char to make no other kyo,iori etc the same shit

#5  April 07, 2010, 04:15:05 pm
Thanx man! U Mugen contribution to Golden Axe is apritiated in gold! Now if u or some one would do a (Kain Blade) it would be even sweeter. I do understand that there is A Kain Blade out there, but is not even worth mentioning BC hes not available for the public to download so it feels more like no one haven't created him yet for mugen.
#6  April 07, 2010, 04:48:12 pm
I'm very happy to have had a part in this. Long story short, when I got MUGEN I made a list of all the characters I wanted, and she was the last one on my list, I managed to find all the others... there was something someone started working on in 2007 but it was abandoned.

So when I saw Count Monte had released a Duel character I asked him about Milan. The deal was basically he wasn't going to do it but he said he would if I helped, so I did, and here we are. The guy who knows nothing about making a character had a hand in making one, and it feels pretty good, doubly so since it was one I'd wanted for a while.

It isn't perfect, there's a couple ongoing issues we (he lol) can't seem to deal with.

KNOWN ISSUES:

-Milan has a frame of invincibility in her standing animation where attacks timed just right will pass through her with no damage done
-Tornado slam super move slightly misaligned (is much better than before this release though lol)
#7  April 07, 2010, 06:12:45 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
greaaaat!

thanks a lot man ;)
#8  April 07, 2010, 06:51:41 pm
  • X Y Z
 :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi:
#9  April 07, 2010, 07:35:17 pm
hey, since I worked on this, do I get to be a Contributor now? :P lol
#10  April 07, 2010, 07:43:44 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Now we just need Death Adder!
#11  April 07, 2010, 07:56:38 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- The "invincibility frame" on stance doesn't seem to be in this last release ??? What are you talking about ? ;P
- However, the CLSNs are still very bad, as with Keel : too big on run, don't cover Milan on jump, too big in fact on many moves (giving one for the body and one for the head is the way to go, not just a huge one). Infinite priority on several basics (standing A, B, Z).
- Jump back sprites are SUPER misaligned !
- Typo in the readme for Projectile's command.
- Projectile doesn't appear on her foot, which is really strange. Plus, it makes her miss close opponents.
- It seems there are no blue CLSNs on projectile, which makes it invincible.
- CLSN boxes (red and blue) are horrible for strong Spinning Blades. The blue CLSNs don't cover her at all, and the red ones ... they make no sense.
- The command buffering and combos work very well for the spinning blades specials. Doing crouching attacks with DB, and comboing into normal or vertical versions of the special works very well. Good job on that.
- Nice to see Aerial Attack being like Vega/M.Bison's move. It doesn't seem very convenient to always have Milan go back towards her initial position in the air, which makes the move not cover so much distance in the end. Having 3 versions covering really different distance would be nice.
- She jerks when getting hit by a medium attack (her animation goes back and forth).
- The throw has a pretty bad custom state, where the opponent moves for no reason before getting hit.
- Why do the fighters switch position so strangely during Leg Lock ?
- Run sound doesn't stop immediately when she stops running. Same goes when she's thrown.
- I have no idea what happened during Tornado ! The tornado was cropped everywhere and with char's sprites inside it (in case the FX is really hard to rip, why not just use tornado FX from Haohmaru or Joe Higashi ?), Milan's sprites were scaled at a moment, and she wasn't even holding the opponent in her arms, but rather 5 meters in front of her.
- And yeah, use the portrait that is in the 1st post instead of the one you're using now.

It's great to see characters from this obscure game, but the realization really suffers from many bugs, and the overall gameplay needs a lot of fine tuning.

Already created by Mike Obrecht.
#12  April 07, 2010, 08:06:48 pm
Appreciate all the feedback!

Cybaster, someone should pay you for all the in-depth analysis/beta testing you do man --- really helpful stuff!  And yes, that damn tornado wasn't just hard to rip, it was virtually impossible to get the move to even come out.  Great idea about using Higashi's tornado -- I'd have to scale it up, this thing is supposed to be huge.   
#13  April 07, 2010, 10:58:23 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#14  April 08, 2010, 12:48:44 am
The characters look stupid during the Leg Lock throw because at first, they were nowhere even close to Milan when she was doing the move. If you saw a "before and after" on that move, you'd know. Believe me when I say it looks a lot better in this release than it did just two test runs ago. That definitely does not mean there is not room for improvement however.
#15  April 08, 2010, 02:59:03 am
What we really need is a (Kain Blade) available for the  Mugen public. I keep seeing video footage of him but no one seems to have it Bc is not available for the public or i heard that the creator is forcing people to do some crazy crap for him to maybe give u the Kain Blade character. Something bout posting a bunch of times.
#16  April 08, 2010, 03:54:59 am
Appreciate all the feedback!

Cybaster, someone should pay you for all the in-depth analysis/beta testing you do man --- really helpful stuff!  And yes, that damn tornado wasn't just hard to rip, it was virtually impossible to get the move to even come out.  Great idea about using Higashi's tornado -- I'd have to scale it up, this thing is supposed to be huge.   

Higashi's tornado has been overused in some characters like Joe Musashi (by The disciple x) and Sonic the Hedgehog (by Brandon Clay).  Have you tried asking some professional sprite rippers?

lol, not him but a lot (nearly all) of other ones  :D

Especially if they were converted as accurate as possible.  No random stuff like MUGEN contributor Choiyer replacing Martial Champion character Rachael's KO cry with SFA Cammy White's KO cry, nor adding a meme-related move like Dio Brando's steamroller move.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#17  April 09, 2010, 03:58:22 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
The standing Weak Kick (close) and Medium Kick (close) barely can hit an opponent unless they are at point-blank range.

She has a command not shown in Readme, D, DB, B + punch.

There isn't need of having two knockdowns (D+MK and D+HK), since the effect is the same for both attacks.

Really strange CLSNs in some attacks, as pointed by Cybaster.

Combo Count resets during QCF QCF + Jab , even though is a valid combo.

Aside these issues, she plays fine.
Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:02:31 am by Zzyzzyxx
#18  April 09, 2010, 10:00:39 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
A char I was waiting for a long time.
Good idea.
I hope to see a good evolution in the next days/months... ;)
#19  April 12, 2010, 01:34:09 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Some feedback:

Her spinning blade charge thing hits you in weird ways...sometimes you're not even close enough to be hit.

Cooldown can be applied as her AI likes to ridiculously corner rape you.

That tornado FX looks pretty bad.... you could use Haomaru's, Goenitz's or Joe's if ya wanted.

Some of her animations look off.

Her run speed...is pretty crazy fast.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#20  April 12, 2010, 10:55:12 pm
  • Hi there!
The quest continues...  special thanks to Nemephosis for ripping sprites! 

VIDEO:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BelIoBCq86Y

Special Attacks
-----------------------

Projectile : Charge B, F + x or y or z
Spinning Blades :Charge B, F + x or y or z
Spinning Blades Vertical : Charge D, U, + x or y or z
Aerial Attack:  Hold D, U, + a or b or c -- then hit a or b or c again when over player 2
Throw - Hold toward opponent and hit Fierce Punch
Leg Lock - Hold toward opponent and hit Fierce Kick

Super Attack (uses 1 power bar )
-------------

Super Combo : 2QCF + Jab punch
Tornado:  2QCF + Fierce Punch

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmdmktaqjt

Maybe you should use MEGALOAD instead of MediaFire!!