YesNoOk

Fuuma Kotaro Released by KojiroBADNESS (Read 14388 times)

Started by Suprizle, May 11, 2010, 04:13:38 am
Share this topic:
Fuuma Kotaro Released by KojiroBADNESS
#1  May 11, 2010, 04:13:38 am
    • Canada
Hello MFG. I present to you, Fuuma Kotaro. This is my very first character, and I gotta give thanks to many folks. For without their help, I wouldn't gotten very far with this project. It took me a good 2-3 months to finish, but 5 to finally release LOL. Anyway, I sunk a lot of time into him. Especially the female intros. I had to add names in manually. But note, that if anyone has ATTRACTIVE female characters in their rosters that Fuuma doesn't respond to. Let me know by posting their names located in their .def file, and I'll add them in for the next update.

Name              = "MAMIYA" <----- Post this name
DisplayName  = "MAMIYA" <----- Not this name.

Features

- All known combos are implemented! (At least to my knowledge)
- Some new given tools to work with.
- Special intro with female characters! ;-) (Unless they're creepy, evil, or children, he will not NOT flirt!)
- Special Intros with Kisarah Westfeild and Hinata Wakaba by Fervicante!
- Contains a full CVS-Like gameplay mechanic. Parry, Dodge Roll, Side Step, High Jump, etc.
- Old Classic Fuuma Color?! Also, a few palette color references (Mukuro, Lei-lei, Hanzo, and more!)

Special Thanks

Fervicante - HUUUGE thanks to you for allowing me to use his Fuuma sprites and some codes. Without your stuff, this project would've been A LOT more difficult. Thank you so much!
Immortal SyN - Giving me A LOT of support, coding tips, and beta testing. You've made things a lot easier for me. Thank you very much for your help, bruh!
SinhRa - For making me such a phonominal Custom Portrait. I can't thank you enough for doing one up for me. Thank you!
NG3O - For finding me sounds and sprites. Also giving me support, and beta testing!
KazKiryu - Beta Tester and giving support.
Alexlexus - Providing me help and tips. Thanks man!
P.O.T.S - For allowing me to use some of your effects.
RajaaBoy - For allowing me to use your effects.
Vyn - Allowing me to use your Power charge images and coding, along with a few other resourses. Thanks a lot man, big ups to you!
Dshiznetz - Making me the super/hyper portraits (Though I didn't end up using them! :P)
Getsuga Tensho - Showing me coding examples, which really helped out a lot. Thank you!
Ryons - For your open source sprites which really came in handy.
Bushinryu - Beta tester. Thanks for your feedback!

If I forgot anybody, I'm sorry.

Known Bugs

- Baku Honoo Haukou Tama (All 3 levels) does not hit very few characters fully depending on the distance.

Future Updates

- Possibly a CVS groove system? optional of course.
- Definitely an AI!
- More .CMD Work!
- More female characters for his special intro!
- Adjust CLSN boxes (if needed)
- Custom Combo (Maybe)

Final Comment

This download includes a readme. Which contains the movelist, and all the information you need to know as far as character sources go, future updates, etc. And Feedback would be appreciated, as long as it's being kept in a respectful manner. If Fuuma has a downfall, I will try my best to handle it.

Download Here

Thank you and enjoy! :)
Re: Fuuma Kotaro Released by KojiroBADNESS
#2  May 11, 2010, 04:19:12 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
a CvS Styled Fumma?? gonna give it a try  :)
Chilling
#3  May 11, 2010, 04:46:44 am
  • show me a sane man and i will cure him =)
    • Mexico
    • davidlinkanimestages.webs.com/index.htm
good release lest see how he plays out downloading

anime stage maker since 2009
I want no blood from that girl doctor--not until we're both sweaty and naked and shes  screaming my name. >_<
#4  May 11, 2010, 05:23:37 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
WOW, I really like this char!

I just tested him for alittle so I don't have any real FDB, but for now I like him!

Thx!

#5  May 11, 2010, 06:16:59 am
    • Canada
Glad you like it. I haven't heard anything bad about him yet, so I'm glad my hard work payed off. :D

Also guys. I found a small bug, where the explosion on the Light Bakuretsu Kyuukyokuken doesn't hit as I forgot to put the helper state back. So I went ahead and fixed the problem and uploaded the Super.st. Sorry for the inconvenience!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmsokk
#6  May 11, 2010, 08:25:00 am
  • I can't see :<
    • Poland
    • www.niewidomy.deviantart.com
like I said once for ya I couldn't wait for him and now BEHOLD fuuma. Thanks man great work, great work.
#7  May 11, 2010, 12:42:31 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Interesting, will give it a test.
#8  May 11, 2010, 04:56:45 pm
Sorry, but I tried to download 3 times and always I get a corrupted zip...
#9  May 11, 2010, 06:59:50 pm
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
File is ok, try extract with winrar
This Fuuma looks great, and that color  :sugoi:
#10  May 11, 2010, 08:05:21 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Holly cow, haven't tested the char but what you show us at the you tube video is awesome  :sugoi:
#11  May 12, 2010, 07:52:42 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Fro a first character, this is a very nice one. :)

- Why does Honoo Chuusekihisaki no Jotsu do the damage of a Lv3 super ?
- Kyouryou Okugi Kyougeki Kujikirijin seems overpowered compared to the other Lv3s. Maybe the setup and difficulty to connect balances it ?
- Because of Target Combo 6, it seems b and a could be chained into an infinite. I'm saying "could" because it doesn't in normal conditions, thanks to the pushback. However, in case you fight a heavy super armored opponent, this may cause some problems.
- His effects would benefit from being a little more CVS-ish, Reppu-Zan and Enryu Ha being those which come to my mind.
#12  May 12, 2010, 09:42:35 am
    • Canada
Fro a first character, this is a very nice one. :)

Thanks Cybaster. That means a lot. ;P

- Why does Honoo Chuusekihisaki no Jotsu do the damage of a Lv3 super ?

I actually never caught that. I'll be sure to adjust the damage for the next update.

- Kyouryou Okugi Kyougeki Kujikirijin seems overpowered compared to the other Lv3s. Maybe the setup and difficulty to connect balances it ?

I'm not sure if you downloaded Fuuma before I adjusted the damage on that and fixed the Level 1 Bakuretsu Kyuukyokuken Explosion problem. I renewed and uploaded the Supers.st and reuploaded Fuuma along with it. If you downloaded him after the fix, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit: Nvm. I adjusted it before, but it still does a little more damage than the others, even now. I'll fix that as well!

- Because of Target Combo 6, it seems b and a could be chained into an infinite. I'm saying "could" because it doesn't in normal conditions, thanks to the pushback. However, in case you fight a heavy super armored opponent, this may cause some problems.

Ahh.. I figure someone was gonna point that out soon LOL. I'm looking into fixing that as well. I just need to figure out how. But I'm gonna be doing more CMD work anyway since he's in need of an AI.

- His effects would benefit from being a little more CVS-ish, Reppu-Zan and Enryu Ha being those which come to my mind.

I hear you. The Enryu Ha effect doesn't bother me too much. And Reppu-Zan looks alright.
I would change them if I could find something better. The only effect I was able to change was the Satsu Chouken energy blast thanks to Ryon. I went from...

This

To This

If I can find some better effects, I'll look into changing them. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :sugoi:
Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:52:01 am by KojiroBADNESS
#13  May 13, 2010, 04:43:36 am
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/forum.htm
the presentation with this char is great, adding to my evo roaster right now well done 5/5
#14  May 13, 2010, 01:25:43 pm
Nice char (Normally I never say that). Smooth and fast  gameplay, I like a lot. I keep it for play with him. Thanks.  ;)

*Just some opinions:

- In Medium/Strong "Densosetsuka no Jotsu Kiri Mai" voice is too loud compared with other moves. In Crouching Medium Kick, slide sound is too loud ...  really the sound have bad quality. You can put "freqmul=1+(random/6000.0)" or something too.

- "Bakuretsu Kyuukyokuken" need more voice volume. Guard sound is too loud compared with hit sound for me.

See ya!
#15  May 13, 2010, 02:30:30 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
problem with the site?
#16  May 14, 2010, 08:57:23 am
    • Canada
The site was down for a bit, but it's back up now.

Nice char (Normally I never say that). Smooth and fast  gameplay, I like a lot. I keep it for play with him. Thanks.  ;)

*Just some opinions:

- In Medium/Strong "Densosetsuka no Jotsu Kiri Mai" voice is too loud compared with other moves. In Crouching Medium Kick, slide sound is too loud ...  really the sound have bad quality. You can put "freqmul=1+(random/6000.0)" or something too.

- "Bakuretsu Kyuukyokuken" need more voice volume. Guard sound is too loud compared with hit sound for me.

See ya!

Okay. I'll look into the sounds again. I didn't do too much work there. I remember upping the volume on Densosetsuka no Jotsu Kiri Mai though. So I'll go back using the original sound clips.

Anyway, thank you guys for the good feedback, and sincerity. Fuuma was better received than I figured. I noted everyone's feedback, so I'll be sure to handle that for when the next update comes.

Thanks again! :sugoi:
#17  May 14, 2010, 05:06:39 pm
Wow thanks for this awesome release!! Love this character and eyeing any future updates...can't go wrong with such
a great first release. Bravo brother!! ;D
#18  May 14, 2010, 05:14:55 pm
See? This is what happens when you take your time and get the RIGHT tutoring for your first character.

The people's Republic of Australia
#19  May 14, 2010, 08:47:35 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
this char is great

but i think you should make power charging a bit slower

thats all i got to say. nice work

edit: females you missed
-li-xiangfei
-Blue mary
-sanada kojiroh
-ash crimson(what? it would kinda funny since fuuma does not know that he's a guy) :V
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:54:27 pm by A total fucking asshole

GLB

#20  May 16, 2010, 04:40:03 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Great job, thanks for sharing.