YesNoOk

Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (New Pictures of Screenpack) (Read 61577 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, August 29, 2010, 12:05:39 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What part of Project LENSMAN could use most improvement? Please post your choice and a specific explanation when you vote.

The Juke System
1 (6.7%)
The screenpack (includes the system sprites and the lifebars)
5 (33.3%)
Gameplay balance/Character playstyles
7 (46.7%)
Visual aesthetics (hitsparks, extra FX)
1 (6.7%)
Other (anything not listed here, e.g. SFX or music)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (New Pictures of Screenpack)
#1  August 29, 2010, 12:05:39 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
To download the latest version of the game, head here.

EDIT (9/27/2010): Version 1.5's release has necessitated that I take some things off of this list because they're officially taken care of, and to reduce the size of this post, specifically the section about Maximum Techniques and AI. You'll have to go get the game to experience them both. ;)

1. Color Separation and Palettes

I'm not intending to get this done straight away, especially since up until now palette work and spriting have been my biggest weaknesses. But...I started this when I realized that the color limitations made my palettes boring as HELL.

The finalized versions of each color separation will be within the spoiler below. Use them as your guide.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Currently I'm accepting palette submissions for the characters who have their color separation templates finished.

To quote myself for rules:
I'm accepting six (now ten or eleven, depending) extra palettes in total. You can submit as many as you like, but I'm probably only going to take two, at maximum, from any one person, because I want to get a nice variety spread. 'Course you can always recycle the designs that don't get used for somebody else.

Also, please be careful with the palette coloring. If you use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, it would behoove you to just edit the colors directly out of the palette (in Photoshop, go to Images->Mode->Color Table) so that all of the colors stay in the same order and so that none are added. If the colors are out of order I have to take extra time to fix them or ask the submitter to re-do them, and that's annoying for both of us.

If you don't have a program that uses indexed colors, get the GIMP and figure out how to use it, or specify it when you post, and I'll see what I can do to accommodate you.

One last thing: All palettes submitted must be indexed files when I receive them--in other words, please post properly indexed PNGs only.

Kaneda - 7 palettes out of 11 submitted (Kirishima, Dishamonpow, Randomish, Banxman, myself--I made one before I extended the submission)
Xia - 4 palettes out of 11 submitted (Kirishima, Dishamonpow)
Tatsuki - 6 palettes out of 11 submitted (Kirishima, Nedflandeurse, Basara)
Kai - 4 palettes out of 11 submitted (Banxman, Randomish, Kirishima--Randomish, you need to fix yours)
Ai - 2 palettes out of 11 submitted (Kirishima)
Hiko - 4 palettes out of 11 submitted (Kirishima, Dishamonpow)

Also, if anyone with spare time that wants to do something a little more complex along these lines, I could use a hand separating colors. My pace is pretty slow due to IRL interference, so any help is appreciated.

2. Voice Acting...

...we'll talk about that eventually.

3. Preview Releases
Once a character gets their color separation done and the sprites are updated in their files, they'll be released outside of the Project LENSMAN fullgame with their Juke System abilities intact. This serves the second purpose of making sure that I get bug feedback on the palettes and game play for the next release.

These releases will be one-time, with no bugfixes done to them. When the next version of the game, which addresses those fixes, comes out, you only have to copy the folder for the character from the Project LENSMAN game and drop it into your regular MUGEN to use the updated version.

Kaneda (released 10/29)
Next: Xia
Currently separating: Gethits

For now, that's it.

Oh, yeah. Feel free to give Project LENSMAN feedback in this topic. If it's a bug I might have fixed it already, but if it's aesthetic I may not have touched on it and I can alter it easily.

Later.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:49:35 pm by Zero-Sennin
Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (Wanna help make some palettes? Huh? Do ya?)
#2  September 05, 2010, 06:38:32 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Bumping since I've finally got the color separation guide finished and finalized for Kaneda.

Do remember that this won't be part of the 1.5 update, but will come at some later date.

I'm accepting six extra palettes in total. You can submit as many as you like, but I'm probably only going to take two, at maximum, from any one person, because I want to get a nice variety spread. 'Course you can always recycle the designs that don't get used for somebody else.

Also, the first post has been edited with relevant information.

I await your entrance, palette-makers.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#3  September 08, 2010, 07:19:32 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Here.
#4  September 09, 2010, 10:07:24 pm
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Welp, gave it a shot.

Stuff
#5  September 10, 2010, 04:47:44 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
The bottom of his shirt under the belt is colored wrong. Its the same color of his pants, which it shouldn't be.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#6  September 10, 2010, 05:31:38 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
The bottom of his shirt under the belt is colored wrong. Its the same color of his pants, which it shouldn't be.

To tell the truth, I noticed it right about yesterday or the day before. Since my mouse has no batteries now I haven't gotten a lot done, so I'm considering fixing that/probably WILL fix that when I get the chance.

Also, I've taken Kiri's first two palettes and Dishamon's first and fourth. Two more and then Kaneda's submission is closed--no rush though since this isn't going to be done for a while yet.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#7  September 10, 2010, 06:46:59 am
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Sweet, and best of luck on the project.
Stuff
Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (NEW--Xia's Color Sep Template in 1st Post)
#8  September 13, 2010, 07:07:47 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I've fixed the error in Kaneda's sprites, uploaded his corrected color separation template, and uploaded Xia's finished color separation template. Check the first post under "Color Separation" for the appropriate files.

GO NUTS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#9  September 15, 2010, 08:35:03 am
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/

Stuff
Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:47:56 pm by Dishamonpow
#10  September 17, 2010, 05:40:15 am

BTW, the last sleeve color on that rising knee strike sprite is shared with the other black outlines on her face.
Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:44:07 am by Kirishima
#11  September 26, 2010, 01:23:32 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3

Custom.
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (Version 1.5 Released)
#12  September 27, 2010, 05:59:58 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Much thanks and love, guys. I appreciate it.

@Kiri--I'll get on that right now as soon as I figure out which color it should be.

In other news, Project LENSMAN 1.5 has just hit the streets. Link is in my first post, or just click the globe under my avatar. Also, I cleaned up the first post, it was a bit crazy and some of the stuff there doesn't really matter that much anymore.

Since I'm in/frequently busy with IRL stuff, Kaneda's color separation is admittedly taking a while. Though I normally don't like asking this since the success rate is so low, I'll give it a shot--if anyone is willing to help me get some of the sets for the other characters done I'd be happy to get the help.

Remember that this thread is also for feedback on the actual game. Feel free to drop a line about it if you like!

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (Ver. 1.5 Released, New Color Sep Template Up)
#13  October 02, 2010, 09:39:00 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Bump: Tatsuki's color separation template is done. Working on separating Kaneda's basics now.

I added a warning to the color separation part of the post since I've had a few submissions with problems and I'd prefer it to go more smoothly in the future.

Now, begin. :kugoi:

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (Ver. 1.5 Released, New Color Sep Template Up)
#14  October 04, 2010, 07:13:44 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hi, man.
My contribution to this project:

Some crappy Han Juri cosplay

Purple Fighter Tatsuki

See ya. ;)
#15  October 10, 2010, 05:30:00 am

Here.
#16  October 10, 2010, 07:04:58 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My turn

Soon I'll post some for Kaneda and Xia ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#17  October 10, 2010, 04:38:40 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Basara, I like your Angel cosplay pal.  :P
#18  October 10, 2010, 04:41:56 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Wow, that was quick.

...Looks like Tatsuki's the first one with all of hers done (Kiri's two, Ned's two, Basara's Sakura and Angel). Not bad, everybody. Thanks.

It looks like I missed a few spots on hers, judging from some of them, but I just took care of them--no new colors added, so you don't have to redo your palettes or anything. (Heh, still not the greatest at this, am I?)

Finally made it to Kaneda's jumping basics. Still have to do his special moves and gethits (the second of which will be easier since I can just use the same sprites for some of them), but I'm getting there. Once I start new separations (Kai, Ai, Hiko, and LENSMAN), I'll go a little easier on the separation to speed up the process. I'll avoid stupid color sharing still, though, so no worries about that.

Thanks again, everyone.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

MDD

#19  October 12, 2010, 07:02:05 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
With the palettes, i'd say wait a while until you get a wide variety of choices before selecting them AKA wait until I make some.

But no seriously, someone could have one that looks badass but never submitted it because you said you aren't taking anymore.
Re: Kakuge Yarou: Project Lensman (New Color Sep, Palette Submission Extension)
#20  October 12, 2010, 02:48:49 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
With the palettes, i'd say wait a while until you get a wide variety of choices before selecting them AKA wait until I make some.

But no seriously, someone could have one that looks badass but never submitted it because you said you aren't taking anymore.

Hm. Never thought of it that way.

...you know what, I think I could take a few extras. I was planning to recreate the original six palettes from scratch for EVERYONE, but I'm sure that not all of the ones I made for the original releases are that great.

All right! You've convinced me! I'm extending palette submission numbers. I'll wait a little longer, too, to let some slackers people that need extra time catch up. The rule of two still applies though, since I want a range of palettes from people and not just a whole crapload from the same 4 or 5.

And to add on to the fun so that this isn't just an empty talking post:

GO NUTS

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop