Borot
New #1  October 24, 2010, 11:01:19 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Well, it finally happened people. I have made a character

Video Preview

DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hnqr0c5hfxy96cc

Be sure to read the read me before you start asking silly questions like why can't I jump?

I'm sure I effed up somewhere in the sprite aligning even after I tested plenty of attacks on it to correct them.

Regardless, make sure you say the character sucks and that I should go to hell for creating it on your feedback or I will ignore it.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:30:25 pm by Darkflare
Re: Borot
#2  October 24, 2010, 11:42:05 am
I'll try him out.
BTW who's Borot?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#3  October 24, 2010, 04:29:02 pm
  • Recreation
#4  October 24, 2010, 05:09:33 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I'll try him out.
BTW who's Borot?

Readme said:
Borot is one of the bots from the GBC game "Power Quest". In Power Quest, it's the cool thing to find and fight other people by using toy robots. In the game's story mode you are a generic nameless guy who goes around challenging other people's toy robots with your own toy robot to become the best in your local town.

On another note, I just realized I accidently left the sounds I was adding to him in his folder. I'll remove it when I reupload it(Among other things).

Fixed
Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:54:06 pm by Darkflare
#5  October 24, 2010, 08:33:58 pm
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
lmao
#6  October 25, 2010, 12:07:39 am
  • Recreation
Well, at least the "at least this crappy creator made something, unlike you flamer" argument no longer applies to you.
#7  October 25, 2010, 12:15:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
Pssh. That argument was crap to begin with. All I did was make it crappier.

At any rate, I did a quick update on Borot:

Version 1.01
-Walking and standing animations sped up to match source's animation closer
-Borot's punch now comes out a little faster(3 ticks) and hitstuns the opponent a little longer(3 ticks)
-Borot wallks forward a little faster.
-Borot's Maximum power stock raised to 9 while being able to stock for a 10th if you use a super before it fills just like in Power Quest. This is useless when you realize that Borot has no supers or any system moves to use the power stock for.

Assuming no stupid bugs show up, I decide to recheck his frames in Power Quest or anything else that will require an update, he's pretty much complete, so don't expect updates unless something comes up.
Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:18:14 am by Darkflare
#8  October 25, 2010, 02:29:19 am

Man I clicked on here hoping it was a typo and that you meant to type "borat," lol..... It would be interesting to see Borat for mugen.
#9  October 25, 2010, 02:31:22 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Borat would have actually been interesting....
#10  October 25, 2010, 08:31:47 am
Are you planning to convert other characters from the game like Max for example?
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#11  October 25, 2010, 09:47:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
Probably not. The only reason I'm getting away with Borot is cause he's stupidly simple to do since he was like that in source.

If I do decide to continue, I'll probably do Max since he's the shoto of the game, although frame counting is going to be a bitch on account that I don't have a way to do so properly(Borot's were done with side by side comparison and even those aren't perfect.) Unless I claim otherwise, don't get your hopes up.
Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:51:00 am by Darkflare
#12  October 25, 2010, 04:31:27 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#13  October 25, 2010, 07:08:58 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Why do I get the feeling that DF was trying to make a statement towards shitty and/or flawed releases by giving us this thing?

#14  October 25, 2010, 08:06:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico

:inquisitive:

on a serious note there's no real feedback I can offer since it's only a punch character, but if I see something I'll post it.
:-X
And now that you bring up character making an what not, have you made any? Not trying to be mean, offend or piss you off by asking a question that you think i might already know. I'm really Honestly asking. Lol

I'm mostly concerned about sprite alignment to be honest.

Why do I get the feeling that DF was trying to make a statement towards shitty and/or flawed releases by giving us this thing?

Mayyyyyyyyybe. Although I mentioned to certain people a long time ago that if I made a character it would be this one.

#15  October 25, 2010, 08:23:58 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
As far as the sprite alignment issues go, you know that Fighter Factory has an onionskin option right? I suggest using that with transparency active if you havent done so.

#16  October 25, 2010, 08:29:10 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Um Rice, just go to Laquak's site for English Juri. 
#17  October 25, 2010, 08:32:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
As far as the sprite alignment issues go, you know that Fighter Factory has an onionskin option right? I suggest using that with transparency active if you havent done so.

I didn't know that...

Edit: Oh ship, I just remembered something. I forgot to tell me Stage Music to stop while Borot's winpose is active. Definitely will fix that in the next update.
Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:04:14 pm by Darkflare
#18  October 25, 2010, 09:35:04 pm
  • AVP Project
    • Spain
    • sergeusmugen.blogspot.com

Man I clicked on here hoping it was a typo and that you meant to type "borat," lol..... It would be interesting to see Borat for mugen.

hahahahahaha, i also thougth it was about Borat...  ;D
Maybe BrĂ¼no could be funny too  :P
#19  October 26, 2010, 02:45:57 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada

:inquisitive:

on a serious note there's no real feedback I can offer since it's only a punch character, but if I see something I'll post it.
:-X
And now that you bring up character making an what not, have you made any? Not trying to be mean, offend or piss you off by asking a question that you think i might already know. I'm really Honestly asking. Lol

So this was literally just to shut up Stormex? LOL.

yeah, onionskin is your friend. It glitches sometimes but that's no big deal.
#20  October 26, 2010, 03:53:27 am
    • Puerto Rico
Actually, the StormEX group isn't very high on my things I intended to take a stab with Borot.

If anything, it's a stab at:
1. All those "creators" that had the balls to DARE use the "You can't critic cause you haven't made anything." excuse.
2. "Creators" who think they're all so mighty cause they made something.
3. Those who use the "it's my first character" excuse.
4. While not very common nowadays, accuracy whores.(The only thing custom in Borot is his taunt and winpose.)

And....that's about it that I can think of.