YesNoOk

Sprite transparency issue (Solved!) (Read 4122 times)

Started by MugenFreak30, December 01, 2010, 03:32:04 am
Share this topic:

MugenFreak30

Sprite transparency issue (Solved!)
#1  December 01, 2010, 03:32:04 am
Well, I have been working on some stuff involving adding some new lightning fx sprites to my old Jupiter repair project, and well...

Yeah, I'm still getting the black box. The strange thing is that the transparency seems to be there in the palette, but this happens. Can a guy get some help here?
Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:32:39 pm by Napoleon Jonamite
Re: Sprite transparency issue
#2  December 01, 2010, 05:04:36 am
isnt the transparency changed in animations?  or you can use this sctrl in CNS

[State 0, Trans]
type = Trans
trigger1 =
trans =
alpha =
;ignorehitpause =
;persistent =

try these values for trans:
A - transparent
A1 - more visible/translucent than A

MugenFreak30

#3  December 01, 2010, 05:11:06 am
Question, wouldn't I still have that black box around the lightning even if I use that sctrl? My thing is that I don't want to have a black box on that at all.
#4  December 01, 2010, 05:20:39 am
i have never used that sctrl. but i used the trans box in animations in Fighter factory and  yeah that black box is actually the spritesheet background color of that cut sprite (electric effect). it should disappear whether you used A or A1

if you prefer the sctrl in cns, read the trigger file in your mugen docs to get a better explanation. but i suggest using the animations trans box and clicking apply to all (assuming all those effects sprites are in one begin action number)

MugenFreak30

#5  December 01, 2010, 05:25:25 am
Okay, I must have misread or misunderstood what you said earlier. I just now added the A to the animation itself, and it works like it should now. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Scratch that, the black box still shows even after adding the A to the animation.
Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:33:51 am by Napoleon Jonamite
#6  December 01, 2010, 05:31:07 am
no problem. please solve your topic if problem is solved
#7  December 01, 2010, 05:58:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Your transparency probably still isn't set properly. Black WILL show with A, just slightly. It's far more noticeable if it's a big box.

At the same time, if you're not seeing any A transparency AT ALL, you're not using the animation you think you are. You have a duplicate go check.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  December 01, 2010, 06:07:07 am
  • Life is Life... WTF!!
    • www.mugenimperiolatino.com/index.php
[State 0, Trans]
type = Trans
trigger1 = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 192,256

with this alpha you cant see the black color ;D

but i think if better replace the black box with transparent color of your palette (color pixel 256) anda then apply a new transparency.
[

Nice userbars no? :P Make click & Download something nice for your Mugen!!!

MugenFreak30

#9  December 01, 2010, 06:58:00 am
[State 0, Trans]
type = Trans
trigger1 = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 192,256

but i think if better replace the black box with transparent color of your palette (color pixel 256) anda then apply a new transparency.
I added that code, and the character went ghostly on me while the giant black box of the lightning stayed. :-\

Your transparency probably still isn't set properly. Black WILL show with A, just slightly. It's far more noticeable if it's a big box.

At the same time, if you're not seeing any A transparency AT ALL, you're not using the animation you think you are. You have a duplicate go check.
I have only one anim 4000 (Lightning strike), so no problems there. Although the original anim had some badly done lightning to begin with and I used the change sprite function in FF to swap those out for the new ones. Could that have had an effect?
#10  December 01, 2010, 07:51:27 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Please post the text information from anim 4000.

Edit in text to get it, paste it here.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#11  December 01, 2010, 02:09:03 pm
  • Life is Life... WTF!!
[State 0, Trans]
type = Trans
trigger1 = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 192,256

I added that code, and the character went ghostly on me while the giant black box of the lightning stayed. :-\

of course i thought that you are using a helper for this effect... ok then in your explod code put this lines:

[State 0, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = !Time
anim = 4000
ID = 4000
pos = 0,0
postype = p1
removetime = -2
sprpriority = 5
ownpal = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 192,256

Just the highlighted text in your explod code.

see ya. (if you want more or less bright  Up or Down the first value "192" ok)
[

#12  December 01, 2010, 04:00:54 pm
I would have just used A for the sprites in animation 4000. In the animation's panel.
#13  December 01, 2010, 04:16:21 pm
the pallete of the effects was not transferred correctly. thats probably the reason for the black box not disappearing even after using A trans on animations.

use the rightmost box at the bottom to make FF recognize the black as the background color (so it wont appear in mugen even if you havent used A or A1 yet).

i have always used the animations panel to use A or A1 and i think its enough. no need for CNS sctrl.

btw, the sctrl overrides the trans of the action number in animations panel if you used them both (thats what i know).

MugenFreak30

#14  December 01, 2010, 04:32:10 pm
Thanks leandro, that line of code for the explod helped a ton. I now declare this problem solved!
Re: Sprite transparency issue (Solved!)
#15  December 01, 2010, 07:58:01 pm
  • Life is Life... WTF!!
ok :D u r welcome see ya!  ;D
[