YesNoOk

CVG CENSORSHIP AHOY - A RANT TOPIC (Read 19508 times)

Started by GOH, June 13, 2011, 09:13:41 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

CVG CENSORSHIP AHOY - A RANT TOPIC
#1  June 13, 2011, 09:13:41 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Hello community members. As some of you know, I recently made a video regarding a specific character by Zox. Simon Belmont. The video in question was a review of the character pointing out some of its major flaws. Being the great contributor that he is, Zox completely disregards any suggestions/feedback telling users that he knows what is best for his character. Following the outburst of a member, CVG admin Volzilla proceeds to mute said member. As a result I decided to post my video in the forum, in order for Zox to realize he needed to lower his ego and fix his mistakes.

Apparently, sarcasm and truth isn't tolerated in CVG, as CVG admins immediatly proceeded to remove my video, and send me a warning aka "cleaning the dirty laundry".

CVG United Rules

Sarcastic reviews = Offensive material.

"And do not insult our forum". = Do not tell the truth of how really things really work here. We can't be mature enough to accept that. We have to take further action and silence the ones who do it.

Now, not ALL CVG members are like that. I gotta admit. There are good things that come from there.

But THIS. THIS EXCUSE IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I was muted after that, because everyone knows that you can't speak your mind and tell the truth about how things work in a forum.

Here's a basic summary of how CVG works.

- Creator X releases X creation
- User X makes suggestions and recommendations for the fixes
- Creator X says he does whatever he wants
- User X gets frustrated and tells creator X why he bothers releasing if feedback is unwelcomed
- Creator X can get to a point where he can insult the user and his post will be removed but he will not be punished
- User X responds equally and gets punished
- Staff removes remaining posts including the ones with feedback and tell the crowd to disperse

I also expressed my disappointment in other forums which I am a member of.

I was not around when that happened, but in case you readers don't know, Shinra was a "contributor" who was made a staff member at MI, who when someone posted a topic video regarding his character Marilyn's flaws (including the before mentioned sarcasm, used by many human beings as a form of joke), immediatly proceeded to mute everyone who posted in said topic.

But returning to our story:

After all that happened, our dear beloved Volzilla tried to approach me via PM on Youtube, and "explain" what happened.

Yeah.

Let us not forget that Mr. Volzilla asked for Gill's IP address. I WONDER WHAT FOR.

Remember when I said he would probably convince Youtube staff to cancel my account? Well...

WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

One day after the whole deal, I get a warning in my Youtube account about hate speech violations in the comments section, all of my videos but one, had been thumbed down, 3 OF MY VIDEOS WERE REMOVED BY YOUTUBE STAFF BECAUSE THEY WERE CONSIDERED "INNAPROPRIATE" and one of them had a warning about copyright infringment.

How strange! Everything seemed to be fine with my account, but all of a sudden. POOF.

And here is where it gets good.

I tried to reach Youtube support and help in order for them to pay more attention to the videos they deem innapropriate because if sarcasm is a violation of the terms of use, then you might aswell shutdown AVGNs channel. Help sections and support serve no purpose to this matter as Youtube staff apparently does not care what the community thinks as this has been going on for months if not years.

So as you can see friends, the CVG staff is made by vengeful, unstable individuals who like to enforce their ways beyond the rulings of their forum. Also I am just SO HAPPY about Youtube's WONDERFUL flag appeal system.

Here's the video in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRd0a-fcx6o

In hopes of getting this message through, I have made this thread, and I will make it in every possible Mugen forum I can and I will upload said video again. My account will probably be shutdown as expected, and I shall use another video hosting service where free speech is tolerated (wish me luck).

You may say what you think about me, you may say what you think about this whole deal, I understand and I respect that. I just felt I had to do this, in order to expose CVG for what it really is.

A hypocrit bunch of convoluted sissies.

Thank you for reading this.

Or not.
Re: CVG CENSORSHIP AHOY - A RANT TOPIC
#2  June 13, 2011, 09:17:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They are gonna start persecuting you now.

They gonna kill you!!!

But seriously, ahahah, what the fuck. I see the warning is for HATE SPEECH.
#3  June 13, 2011, 09:22:51 pm
    • Chile
Who the fuck gives a shit about that forum.[/sarcasm]

If I were on CVG, I would be muted right now.
#4  June 13, 2011, 09:29:54 pm
good thread. volzilla is mugen's biggest baby
#5  June 13, 2011, 09:37:24 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It's their prerogative. If they don't wanna listen to feedback they don't have to, it's their loss. You did make a LOT of sarcastic comments about how that forum is run before the mute. Here's something I take issue with:

- User X gets frustrated and tells creator X why he bothers releasing if feedback is unwelcomed

I have an answer for that. "So people can play the character in Mugen." The attitude I quoted has been bugging me for a while, people getting upset when creators don't listen to their feedback. Yes, it's annoying and unfortunate since it benefits them to listen, and personally if I wouldn't have listened to feedback I received during my early years I wouldn't be half the creator I am today. But look at what this leads to.

I think you may have taken this whole situation way too serious, seeing as you made posts here and at Infantry about it, and a youtube vid about it. Don't you think you would have been better off letting it go instead of letting it become an incident?

P.S. Having your youtube videos removed was going too far and was unneccasary on their part. I think that was crossing the line.

Also GOH I personally think you are good with feedback and a significant contributor to THIS forum.
#6  June 13, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Too bad about CVG (and Volzilla) attitude :-\

But in this kind of cases, always a good fix of the character can be made by a patch, I know about that :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  June 13, 2011, 09:57:48 pm
    • Japan
Some Guy that has not even released ONE character tell me what should I do.

So if Im a guy that never made a thing for Mugen I can't give good feedback?
And those guys bothered to do all whose awful things, wouldnt be easier to just update that character?
#8  June 13, 2011, 10:09:20 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Normally I stay out of this but uhh

Looks like CvG is the preschool of Mugen.
#9  June 13, 2011, 10:16:57 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
That's a lie and you know it
#10  June 13, 2011, 10:23:37 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You should have just ignored Volzilla (aka block him from sending you PM), just like Gill did when Volzilla started following him in Youtube. It would have been for the best. But seriously, going as far as to cancel someone else account just for that is stupid. And why did I have to see the "Gill stalks me and CvG" again? That reminds me his ban expires in two weeks, and reading that comment tells me he didn't learn at all :-\

And seriously, Youtube is hilarious sometimes. You can report any video for any stupid reason, and 80% of the time you're going to see that video down (and most likely the user's account). Heck, there are people who spends their time in Youtube doing that.

#11  June 13, 2011, 10:33:54 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Volly flipped out on two videos beforehand:
My Andore Jr. vs Liu Kang (Shazzo) vid, admittedly I kinda fueled that one.
My Gambit vs Kl'rt (2008) vid, which he flipped out for me not knowing that it was being redone, though that's pretty silly.

The third time, which was Bishop vs zvitor's Green Lantern, he went off over me saying "Though it comes from CvG I don't consider it a CvG char", referring to Yungdragun's Guyver thread in which zvitor said he does not consider himself part of the CvG team.

GOH

#12  June 13, 2011, 10:38:27 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I think you may have taken this whole situation way too serious, seeing as you made posts here and at Infantry about it, and a youtube vid about it. Don't you think you would have been better off letting it go instead of letting it become an incident?
I only made the video after Echtellion got muted. And the video was more of joke than anything else. The video itself is a joke, the description and comments are pretty much what I saw happening all the time at CVG. I'm only frustrated because of the video takedowns. It's a cheap shot. It wasn't enough for him to mute me he just had to make sure the videos were removed from a website outside of this domain. Which is what pissed me off.
You should have just ignored Volzilla (aka block him from sending you PM), just like Gill did when Volzilla started following him in Youtube.
I used to do that, but lately I can't help but get straight with people instead of letting get away with shit and ignore them. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. It's in my nature.
And seriously, Youtube is hilarious sometimes. You can report any video for any stupid reason, and 80% of the time you're going to see that video down (and most likely the user's account). Heck, there are people who spends their time in Youtube doing that.
It's sad, and I'm kinda suprised at the scale at which it has reached. I kinda was surprised when the first thing I typed on Google was "Flagged videos" and the results were 30% how it works and 70% complaints about people who false flagged videos. It's disgusting really.
#13  June 13, 2011, 11:00:20 pm
I can't see why you would go around complaining to other forums about what happened on CVG.

And I thought I couldn't let shit go from the place I came from.
#14  June 13, 2011, 11:02:37 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I only made the video after Echtellion got muted. And the video was more of joke than anything else. The video itself is a joke, the description and comments are pretty much what I saw happening all the time at CVG. I'm only frustrated because of the video takedowns. It's a cheap shot. It wasn't enough for him to mute me he just had to make sure the videos were removed from a website outside of this domain. Which is what pissed me off.

What I was getting at is the fact that you're investing your time in it.

GOH

#15  June 13, 2011, 11:05:08 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Investing my time in what? The video? Or this topic? I just made the topic to get it off my chest. That's all. And of course so people know what to expect from a forum like theirs. Where you have to be the nicest person on earth. That's all. The fight is over here. I'm not gonna do anything else. I'm just gonna keep making my stupid videos, not posting them there, and if eventually the account gets deleted so be it. I'll use another website.

Cap

#16  June 13, 2011, 11:10:06 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
You go, GOH. Don't let the Man keep you down. [/sarcasm]

Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:20:04 pm by Cpt. Commando
#17  June 13, 2011, 11:17:04 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
YEAH, YOU TELL EM' SISTER!

If you already knew how full of shit they are then why did you go there to post a video you already knew it would cause such a negative reaction?

Then instead of ignoring it as if "well, i already saw that coming" you decide to complain in both Guild and MI (well, let's let that part go). But then, you added more fuel to the fire you decided to have a little chat with Captain Butthurt.

tl;dr: you had it coming. DEAL WITH IT! But thanks for teh lulz anyway.

GOH

#18  June 13, 2011, 11:23:48 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
If you already knew how full of shit they are then why did you go there to post a video you already knew it would cause such a negative reaction?
Because I felt like it. And I actually didn't know they would bother to chase me all the way to youtube but ok. Let's not forget that I actually thought the author would improve his shit.
Then instead of ignoring it as if "well, i already saw that coming" you decide to complain in both Guild and MI (well, let's let that part go). But then, you added more fuel to the fire you decided to have a little chat with Captain Butthurt.
I think I already explained that. And I only replied to the BS he sent me. I didn't start to chat with him. He came to me.
DEAL WITH IT! But thanks for teh lulz anyway.
kk.
#19  June 13, 2011, 11:27:39 pm
  • Heroin-flavored bananas finance revolutions!!!
Maybe if you didn't start the title of your video "VoX you should dedicate yourself to fishing.", then this would be more compelling. But still, to have them chase you back to youtube and have them delete your video is unexceptable, and rude.
#20  June 13, 2011, 11:32:17 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Oh well. IT CAN'T BE HELPED THEN.  ¯\(¯3¯)/¯

But it's better to stay away form that kind of people, as you've just experienced who knows what kind of crazy shit they'll do.