YesNoOk

[SANGO COMPATIBLE UPDATE] Miroku by kenshinx0 (Read 10886 times)

Started by Алексей, August 04, 2011, 06:42:53 am
Share this topic:
[SANGO COMPATIBLE UPDATE] Miroku by kenshinx0
#1  August 04, 2011, 06:42:53 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Sango Compatible Update:
- Added "Pervy Grab" throw when facing Sango.
- Fixed Dashing and Dashing Attacks to be more source-accurate.
- Updated AI to be scale-able with MUGEN's difficulty.
- Added special "parried" animations. Compatible with Sango and Miroku
- Cleaned up Sango Assist. It's stable now with no room for error.
- Added two palettes: Red Palette and Evil (Black kimono with red oak staff and sandals)

Critical Update:
This update is very critical and I think that it's mandatory for everyone
to update if they have not already. Here's what was fixed:
- Fixed the Sango bug that caused Sango to remain on the screen due to various reasons, most of which being the fact that Hiraikotsu, her boomerang, never returned or was destroyed too early.
- Fixed Miroku's Invincibility bug that was only apparent when fighting Sasuke (made by me) in a 2v2 Simultaneous Match. Combatants being Sasuke + Sasuke V.S. Miroku + Miroku. This bug is very strange can happen vs anyone but some thing about my Sasuke triggered it in Miroku more times than any other character: 1:0.

Update:
- Fixed two infinites that were doable while both standing and crouching.
- Fixed CLSNs on all moves to be more fair. CLSNs on his weapon allow you to interrupt his attacks.
- Added some variation in scale to Wind Tunnel's rocks. It looks a bit better now.

Hey Guys,

What I have here for you all is my Miroku that I've spend many hours revamping and preparing for your enjoyment. He's accurate to the his PSX source. He's got a Sango Assist, source-accurate combo system and more. Feedback would be much appreciated :)

Readme.txt (included in the download.)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Here's a pic:

Download him here:
http://mugencoder.zxq.net/

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:08:27 am by kenshinx0
Re: Miroku by kenshinx0
#2  August 04, 2011, 06:43:49 am
  • Slash!!
Down now!!  ;D
#3  August 04, 2011, 06:44:47 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
this character is amazing I beta tested him and even made the soundpack you will all enjoy this

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?

GT

#4  August 04, 2011, 07:23:52 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Excellent work. It almost makes me want to start an Inuyasha character. =)

I found an infinite tho,
x,x,x,y (then you slightly delay your inputs and change them to) x,y,x,y,x,y,x,y.
Also, you should refine your CLSNs a bit. A majority of Miroku's moves have allot of priority.

Just an example. =P
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#5  August 04, 2011, 07:30:58 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Excellent work. It almost makes me want to start an Inuyasha character.
Thank you for the feedback! Go for it :)

I found an infinite tho,
x,x,x,y (then you slightly delay your inputs and change them to) x,y,x,y,x,y,x,y.
Also, you should refine your CLSNs a bit. A majority of Miroku's moves have allot of priority.
I think you mean a and b instead of x and y, since a and b are his melee moves. x and y are his special movement and parry buttons. Regardless, I'll have to look into this. Yes, the hitboxes! I knew I was missing something lol. You'll see this addressed in an update coming soon.

I've never thought about adding a blue CLSN to his staff. I guess there's no need to get technical though, since if you hit a staff rather hard that I was holding, I'd probably drop it or tense up or something lol. That probably translates to damage in MUGEN.

GT

#6  August 04, 2011, 07:40:32 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
:gonk: I meant a and b.

Oh and the thing with the clsns on weapons : This is a very gray area in Mugen. While some feel that it's practical for weapons not to be hittable (Because if someone hits your weapon in a fight irl you won't go into hitstun. :grrr: ) others add them in order to make things fair. You may not want to do it this way (and you shouldn't feel like you have to), but I honestly believe that adding them makes the character allot better in terms of fairness and balance.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#7  August 04, 2011, 07:44:26 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
For the CLSN, it depends how much priority you want to give to the move. If it's a very fast move (ie light attack), you'll probably want the CLSN to be as GT Yzan drew it. However, in the case of a special/super move, or a slower move with higer damage, you want to give the move more priority, so the red CLSN would stay the same as the 1st image, and the blue one can be extended only up to the tip of the arm or even less.

It's something really hard to balance weapon priority with the speed of the moves and how much range they should give, etc. Taking Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and these types of games as reference can be nice, but you'll still need to do a lot of brainstorming and testing to ensure things are balanced.
#8  August 04, 2011, 09:51:32 am
thanks for all the effort put into this, it really shows and i luckily for me and Inuyasha fan i finally have a Miroku on my cast, thank you so much!
#9  August 04, 2011, 12:16:44 pm
Finally Miroku on mugen. Great job, I can't wait of its final update.
#10  August 04, 2011, 03:16:27 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
For the CLSN, it depends how much priority you want to give to the move. If it's a very fast move (ie light attack), you'll probably want the CLSN to be as GT Yzan drew it. However, in the case of a special/super move, or a slower move with higer damage, you want to give the move more priority, so the red CLSN would stay the same as the 1st image, and the blue one can be extended only up to the tip of the arm or even less.

It's something really hard to balance weapon priority with the speed of the moves and how much range they should give, etc. Taking Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and these types of games as reference can be nice, but you'll still need to do a lot of brainstorming and testing to ensure things are balanced.
I understand. This makes a lot of sense, even if "hitting a weapon causes damage" does not. Can't wait to get home so I can work these things out. :)

thanks for all the effort put into this, it really shows and i luckily for me and Inuyasha fan i finally have a Miroku on my cast, thank you so much!
Thank you, I too am an InuYasha fan and felt we were missing something in the mugen community. No problem.

Finally Miroku on mugen. Great job, I can't wait of its final update.
Thanks, update will be coming soon. From the looks of this feedback, I should have an update available by the end of tonight (EST Timezone).

I meant a and b.

Oh and the thing with the clsns on weapons : This is a very gray area in Mugen. While some feel that it's practical for weapons not to be hittable (Because if someone hits your weapon in a fight irl you won't go into hitstun.  ) others add them in order to make things fair. You may not want to do it this way (and you shouldn't feel like you have to), but I honestly believe that adding them makes the character allot better in terms of fairness and balance.
No problem, I could tell what you mean. It's fun to make a bit of fun of it anyways though :P. Thanks for the explanation, both you and Cybaster. It amazes me how much there really is to coding a character well. It's not just the code, but other factors are involved as well. I love the learning experience though. :)

#11  August 04, 2011, 05:16:46 pm
  • -Life is unknown-
God I love inuyasha nice contribute ;P

-Interior Crocodile Navigator-
#12  August 04, 2011, 05:38:56 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

#13  August 04, 2011, 07:06:28 pm
  • Beers User!
    • Chile
    • snkmugendatabase.blogspot.com/
good char my friend

download...

Yare Yare Daze!
#14  August 05, 2011, 03:13:06 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Updated the first post with new updates. Everything that's been discussed has been updated. Enjoy, the more fair Miroku!

Re: [UPDATE] Miroku by kenshinx0
#15  August 05, 2011, 08:44:06 am
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
might want to tone down the damage the wind tunnel does it kill some characters with one blow

also some of the moves are pretty hard to pull off
#16  August 05, 2011, 08:49:25 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
might want to tone down the damage the wind tunnel does it kill some characters with one blow
Wind Tunnel is a bit different than your average super move. It does damage and as the dampener kicks in, does less and less per hit. The enemy has a slight potential to get away from it, but if they do they are punished for doing so and the boulders hit full on from their starting damage. In all the testing I've done, I've never been able to kill some characters in one blow. I'll see if there is a legitimate bug though.

also some of the moves are pretty hard to pull off
Wow, now this surprises me. His moves are extremely easy to do. Can you provide an example of which moves you're struggling with?

#17  August 05, 2011, 09:04:29 am
the only one i cant pull off is the Wind Tunnel

when i was fighting the computer pretty much killed me with the Wind Tunnel  its self

maybe it was the character i use to fight him with is probably why i did so quickly
#18  August 05, 2011, 09:07:04 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Have you read the "readme.txt" included in the .zip and in the top post? It pretty much explains how to do everything. Melee attacks are with a and b, x is is special movements key, y is parry, and z is Sango Assist. Try him out in practice mode. Trust me, you'll be able to do the moves.

maybe it was the character i use to fight him with is probably why i did so quickly
His AI is pretty moderate actually. I did this on purpose so people could beat him in arcade mode. Sometimes I really hate those characters that I have to set order=10 for lol.

Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:10:41 am by kenshinx0
#19  August 05, 2011, 09:21:16 am
ill check it out thanks for the characters hope to see more of it :)
#20  August 05, 2011, 09:22:38 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thanks, I only plan on getting better. ;)