YesNoOk

Rachel Alucard Released: All my BB chars updated (Read 37619 times)

Started by Speedy9199, October 06, 2011, 12:36:27 am
Share this topic:
Rachel Alucard Released: All my BB chars updated
#1  October 06, 2011, 12:36:27 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
First off, trying not to sound attention whorish but that's it. I've come to a point that I simply do not have enough free time to keep on making these 2000+ sprite, 100+MB Blazblue characters anymore. Besides I worked hard enough on these characters and enough is enough. I'm not saying the "lolz I quit mugen" saying and if I ever get enough free time in the future I might continue to make blazblue characters but by then there will be like over 9000 Blazblue characters  :P

Well anyways I release a Rachel Alucard.

This Rachel is NOT like how she is in the source game. Instead of mainly being a striker and helper character my Rachel is more of a melee and projectile character. This Rachel HAS been beta tested(thx Nanashi1337).

I renamed all my BB characters and added a "_S" because of the many versions of BB characters that will be released in the future.

For the other updates of my character they are mostly more palettes, glitch fixes, new intros, and if everyone is happy to hear this I replaced Tager's "bomb drop" sound with a World War II Japanese Zero kamekazi sound. It's kind of hard to find the right sound for this move. Also HOPEFULLY I removed any infinites reported earlier with my characters. I say hopefully because using a keyboard is not the best way to play mugen and I can't execute long complex combos on it thus I can't reproduce the infinite.

One more thing you SHOULD be able to air jump with my characters now. There was a problem with the airjump.height value in the past. It SHOULD be fixed now. If not please tell me.

And lastly all my characters are open source(see readme)

You MUST and I repeat MUST play these characters on a 1280 X 720 screen

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/Speedy9199
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:38:02 am by Speedy9199
Re: Rachel Alucard Released: All my BB chars updated
#2  October 06, 2011, 12:55:35 am
awesome, even if it's not source accurate, rachel was my second favorite bb character, second only to noel,  so thanks for the release
#3  October 06, 2011, 01:23:07 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You know, when I reported all that bugs and problems to you, I expected you to remove all of them. I was expecting only one to persist, which is your jump bug that you commented me through PM, that makes your character jump more or less than the amount you wanted to set. That I could understand (you could have removed the comment you have in the first post since that problem still persists, though). But see this!!!

- Why Rachel has that line that appears when you use a Winmugen character in MUGEN 1.0, when she's MUGEN 1.0 only?

- Any normal attack she does seems to trigger debug problems.

- The animation for the "c" attack in the end of the attack clearly skips to the end, instead of flowing.

- I can't grab your character when she rolls.

- Now specials. For the "D,F,a/b/c" specials the hitboxes should disappear after the ball explodes. Don't make them stay until the particles of the explosion disappear. Also, the blocksparks are completely misaligned depending on where the ball hits (higher = more misaligned).

- Okay, now the "D,B,b/c" specials. As said above, higher it hits = more misaligned the blocksparks. Also, they should disappear after they hit the opponent once (regardless if it's blocked or not) for balance. Specially the "c" version that surrounds the opponent, which is cheap if that happens. Also, it appears that it's coded as a physical attack, not as a projectile (Last part existed in previous version, but I missed it)

- Okay, your Astral Finish now. Unblockable and undodgeable. Yeah, at the beginning of the animation, when the hitboxes appear, you can't move at all, making it impossible to block or dodge it. Also, consider improving the animation of the attack. I cannot like it the way it works.

Yep, that's taken from the previous feedback I sent to you. You didn't solve any of these. Also, apart from this:

- So instead of adding a damage dampner as I told you, you decided to go ahead and make all the normals do crappy damage to solve the problem, so you no longer have big damage for the few combos you can do with this character. Well yeah, you solved it. Problem is that now the normals are horrible, since they hardly do damage at all.

- Your combo breaker should never help you escape from a super once you're caught in one. Add something to disable it when that happens.

- Add some comboability to your character. I mean, if only it was possible to combo your supers with any attack like "b" standing, at least it would make your character less stiff.

- Now that I look at it better, I can see that you must have cut the effect for the "F,c" and "B,c" with a rectangle. Could you improve the quality of that effect?

- For the "z" attacks, there's something extra I want to say. First, the blocksparks are completely misaligned for the crouch and aerial versions. How come they appear at a different place as your hitsparks?

- The BG effect for the D,B,D,B,b is completely misaligned for 640x480. This, more like a problem, is more as a comment for other people so they don't put it in their feedback.

Please, next update must have all problems solved. Please.
Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:28:59 am by Nanashi_1337
#4  October 06, 2011, 01:44:28 am
    • USA
You know, when I reported all that bugs and problems to you, I expected you to remove all of them. I was expecting only one to persist, which is your jump bug that you commented me through PM, that makes your character jump more or less than the amount you wanted to set. That I could understand (you could have removed the comment you have in the first post since that problem still persists, though). But see this!!!

- Why Rachel has that line that appears when you use a Winmugen character in MUGEN 1.0, when she's MUGEN 1.0 only?

- Any normal attack she does seems to trigger debug problems.

- The animation for the "c" attack in the end of the attack clearly skips to the end, instead of flowing.

- I can't grab your character when she rolls.

- Now specials. For the "D,F,a/b/c" specials the hitboxes should disappear after the ball explodes. Don't make them stay until the particles of the explosion disappear. Also, the blocksparks are completely misaligned depending on where the ball hits (higher = more misaligned).

- Okay, now the "D,B,b/c" specials. As said above, higher it hits = more misaligned the blocksparks. Also, they should disappear after they hit the opponent once (regardless if it's blocked or not) for balance. Specially the "c" version that surrounds the opponent, which is cheap if that happens. Also, it appears that it's coded as a physical attack, not as a projectile (Last part existed in previous version, but I missed it)

- Okay, your Astral Finish now. Unblockable and undodgeable. Yeah, at the beginning of the animation, when the hitboxes appear, you can't move at all, making it impossible to block or dodge it. Also, consider improving the animation of the attack. I cannot like it the way it works.

Yep, that's taken from the previous feedback I sent to you. You didn't solve any of these. Also, apart from this:

- So instead of adding a damage dampner as I told you, you decided to go ahead and make all the normals do crappy damage to solve the problem, so you no longer have big damage for the few combos you can do with this character. Well yeah, you solved it. Problem is that now the normals are horrible, since they hardly do damage at all.

- Your combo breaker should never help you escape from a super once you're caught in one. Add something to disable it when that happens.

- Add some comboability to your character. I mean, if only it was possible to combo your supers with any attack like "b" standing, at least it would make your character less stiff.

- Now that I look at it better, I can see that you must have cut the effect for the "F,c" and "B,c" with a rectangle. Could you improve the quality of that effect?

- For the "z" attacks, there's something extra I want to say. First, the blocksparks are completely misaligned for the crouch and aerial versions. How come they appear at a different place as your hitsparks?

- The BG effect for the D,B,D,B,b is completely misaligned for 640x480. This, more like a problem, is more as a comment for other people so they don't put it in their feedback.

Please, next update must have all problems solved. Please.

Dude Nanashi_1337 chill

First off these are somewhat MINOR problems with the except of a few. Do they cause any glitches or something?

- I don't understand what you mean by this can you restate it in other words

-about the debug problems. I have been creating mugen characters for 2 years now and NO ONE or at least I've seen tells, or shows HOW to fix a debug problem NO ONE. I know it's sometype of error but I can't fix it because Im not sure how TO.

-That's not a major problem

-What test characters do you use? You seem to have this problem EVERYTIME I create a Blazblue character. I can grab just fine...

-The cannon attack has two parts, the ball hits and THEN there is an explosion. So it's really TWO hits instead of one.

-can you define "higher" the actual attack being higher or the opponent being higher?

-How can I improve the astral finish if you give me NO examples or tips other than the unblockable part and whether you like it or not is just an opinion.

-Dude do you EVEN look in the .cns files? I HAVE a damage dampener.

-Well, I mean it costs 2000 power that's not a big issue

-an example of a combo is D+a,D+a,B+b,B+b,F+b,B+c

-is that even really a problem?

-I don't understand. The hitsparks appear at -10,-304 for a standing/air opponent and -10,-0 for an opponent laying down. WHat is so misaligned about that?

-Do you even PLAY mugen on a 1280 X 720 screen like I SAID in the read me. Of course there will be a problem if you play it on a 640 X 480 screen.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#5  October 06, 2011, 02:10:20 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
I suspected that Nanashi would be able to find everything I did and he did.

Regarding the astral, it's technically not unblockable but the superpause makes it so you HAVE TO BE BLOCKING ALREADY in order to block it.
#6  October 06, 2011, 02:15:43 am
    • USA

#7  October 06, 2011, 02:23:10 am
  • You will not stop me!
    • USA
Majority of users actually use standard definition, not HD.
omg you live omg omg omg
fire emblem awakening owns
#8  October 06, 2011, 02:27:31 am
    • USA
Majority of users actually use standard definition, not HD.

Why? Because their computers' suck and can't handle HD? I'm sorry but if you guys don't even DO what says in the read me I can't take your complaints seriously.

The readme says:

DO NOT play this character on a 640 X 480 screen. It is ment to be played on a
1280 X 720 screen or else you will have problems.

You MUST and I repeat MUST have your mugen config file like this for the screen.

GameWidth = 1280
GameHeight = 720

The character WILL NOT WORK properly if you play mugen using any width or height
LOWER than this setting.

This character WILL NOT work in Winmugen! It's only for Mugen 1.0.

#9  October 06, 2011, 02:42:44 am
-Do you even PLAY mugen on a 1280 X 720 screen like I SAID in the read me.

Hey, at least respect the 4:3 users.

No, I have said OVER AND OVER ever since I made Hakumen that these characters are ONLY for 1280 X 720 screen why are you guys SO rebelious?

because only a very few play in 1280x720  and has nothing to do with how good our computers are. simply put most of our characters look better in sd than hd, which you're characters being the minority so of coarse everyone is going to get mad
#10  October 06, 2011, 02:50:27 am
    • USA
-Do you even PLAY mugen on a 1280 X 720 screen like I SAID in the read me.

Hey, at least respect the 4:3 users.

No, I have said OVER AND OVER ever since I made Hakumen that these characters are ONLY for 1280 X 720 screen why are you guys SO rebelious?

because only a very few play in 1280x720  and has nothing to do with how good our computers are. simply put most of our characters look better in sd than hd, which you're characters being the minority so of coarse everyone is going to get mad

Please give me a sceen shot or example or anything that shows a character in a 640 X 480 screen is better than in a 1280 X 720 screen

#11  October 06, 2011, 02:53:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
....I more use 640x480 because recording 1280x720 goes at a pitiful 7 fps....

I believe most of Werewood's creations say they work better in 640x480 than 1280x720.

Even if they're not perfect, I'd happy to have something at all, so I'm happy to download them.  Not very good at giving detailed feedback anyways, but I'll see what I can notice that hasn't been stated yet...
#12  October 06, 2011, 02:55:14 am
  • You will not stop me!
    • USA
Please give me a sceen shot or example or anything that shows a character in a 640 X 480 screen is better than in a 1280 X 720 screen

Toshio's screenie of parse's HD Ken in 4:3.

Even parse himself insists that his chars be played in HD but I barely see the difference.
omg you live omg omg omg
fire emblem awakening owns
#13  October 06, 2011, 02:56:26 am
^and that's hd characters characters that aren't hd get really pixelated
#14  October 06, 2011, 02:59:31 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
You guys seriously need to stop bitching about this 640x480 vs. 1280x720 nonsense.  It's by far the smallest problem here.
#15  October 06, 2011, 03:02:52 am
true I have the character already so it doesn't matter, and you can simply edit it to work in sd like I've done with all his other characters and stages; even if it's a pain in the butt. but everyone else has a point to and it shouldn't be ignored on any future releases when you decide to make characters again
#16  October 06, 2011, 03:03:04 am
    • USA
You guys seriously need to stop bitching about this 640x480 vs. 1280x720 nonsense.  It's by far the smallest problem here.

Well, my characters sprite positions, hitsparks etc are all based around a 1280 X 720 screen and with Nanashi_1337 mentioning problems about misalignment on a 640 X 480 why shouldn't I complain about it?

#17  October 06, 2011, 03:38:31 am
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/

Toshio's screenie of parse's HD Ken in 4:3.

Even parse himself insists that his chars be played in HD but I barely see the difference.
Ken looks perfect alongside Kei, let Eliza beware, lol
As you see it's possible to try different sizes with less lack of quality.
I'll give a try in Rachel, although her memory size scares me.
-Toshio Tenma
#18  October 06, 2011, 03:47:00 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
I just thought of something silly, don't mind me really.  He's mad about people using HD characters in 640x480 res when he's using 640x480 res stages in HD xd
#19  October 06, 2011, 06:41:29 am
  • because MUGEN is too mainstream
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/
#20  October 06, 2011, 08:48:36 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
- I don't understand what you mean by this can you restate it in other words
When you use a Winmugen character in MUGEN 1.0, a debug line appears saying it's running in MUGEN 1.0 compatibility mode. This normally happens because they put the Winmugen version in the def, which is normal since it's a Winmugen character. But yours is a MUGEN 1.0 only, so I don't understand why you selected the Winmugen as mugen version for your character def

-about the debug problems. I have been creating mugen characters for 2 years now and NO ONE or at least I've seen tells, or shows HOW to fix a debug problem NO ONE. I know it's sometype of error but I can't fix it because Im not sure how TO.
Then go to Help and ask there, instead of leaving it unsolved. Who knows if it will cause problems to other characters in the future.

-That's not a major problem (talking about "c" animation skipping frames)
So? It's still a problem. Don't just skip it because it's minor.

-What test characters do you use? You seem to have this problem EVERYTIME I create a Blazblue character. I can grab just fine...
I use different ones normally. In this case, I used Rajaa's characters. Of course, it could be my shitty timing too, so somebody else should attempt this to see if I'm right or not.

-The cannon attack has two parts, the ball hits and THEN there is an explosion. So it's really TWO hits instead of one.
The problem is that normally, the remains of a projectile after exploding/hitting the target are not supposed to hurt you at all. Your attack is quite misleading because even though you evaded the explosion the dust particles that appear after it explodes still can hurt. It also doesn't make sense that such thing sends you flying, just like if you were hit by the explosion itself.

-can you define "higher" the actual attack being higher or the opponent being higher?
I'm quite surprised this problem exists, personally. I don't know how you managed to create it. I mean, all hitsparks seem to appear at specific places, which is correct, but your blocksparks appear at the exact place the attack hit. For example, if I attack a character from above, the hitsparks appear normally in the chest, but the blocksparks appear at the exact place the character was hit (leading sometimes to blocksparks appearing way above the character). Both should appear at the same place, obviously.

-How can I improve the astral finish if you give me NO examples or tips other than the unblockable part and whether you like it or not is just an opinion.
First, the effects are bad. She goes up, does the cross move and then suddenly my life goes out. No effect at all here? Also, it takes too much time for that to happen, and it feels unnatural. Check the original one and you'll see what I mean. Last, why are you still using that ugly letters for the Astral Finish (and BG effects aren't really that good)? I remember I told you in the past to grab Haku=Len's effects, which are really cool and looks way better than this.

-Dude do you EVEN look in the .cns files? I HAVE a damage dampener.
It still doesn't explain why your normals do so little damage now.

-Well, I mean it costs 2000 power that's not a big issue
It is. Normally, being hit by a super is a punishment by itself, and nobody should be able to escape from them. It's not a matter of how much power you spend. I personally don't like that you can escape from supers by using this.

-an example of a combo is D+a,D+a,B+b,B+b,F+b,B+c
It still doesn't let me combo any of your supers, unfortunately, which would be good if that happened (specially the D,B,D,B,c super that has so little range).

-is that even really a problem?
It looks ugly. I mean, sure, it's not a problem, but that doesn't mean you have to do a lazy job. Try to improve the quality of your character a little.

-I don't understand. The hitsparks appear at -10,-304 for a standing/air opponent and -10,-0 for an opponent laying down. WHat is so misaligned about that?
See problem above about the misaligned blocksparks.

-Do you even PLAY mugen on a 1280 X 720 screen like I SAID in the read me. Of course there will be a problem if you play it on a 640 X 480 screen.
I said it was a comment so people didn't report it in their feedback. I said it was a comment. I said it was a comment. There, 3 times so you understand that it was just a comment.

You know, when you ask someone to become a betatester and find bugs/problems for you, that means you're planning to solve everything they find before release. That's why I'm irritated, because you decided to leave "minor" problems I've found and just release the character. Which makes me think, why did you want a betatester if you didn't plan to remove all problems before release? Also, you didn't even bother creating a thread in Help for problems that you couldn't solve, as I told you to do so you could find a solution for the jump (and other problems you may not know how to solve). At least attempt to find a solution for them.