YesNoOk

jenngra complaints (Read 189088 times)

Started by Iced, October 15, 2011, 11:40:11 pm
jenngra complaints
#1  October 15, 2011, 11:40:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
back during the caddie be nice thing, we got a user pming me and the other admins about people being mean to him.

I replied.
Today i started getting more from the same user.

What started there mean behavior?

I mean what made the people on this fourm act like dicks all the time?

When I said the wrong sentence when I was talking to Orochi Gill on a comment. He sweared like crazy making me cry.

Then how come they hate me?

I mean swearing at me.

One did insult me because I asked people to give feedback to a creator that is not that good and when I said I like Daniel's work. User:Rednavi

Tylor The Cliche insulted me one time. If you want to see where here is the link: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Tylor_the_Hedgehog

I started replying telling him that there should be no reason to cry because a person said anything on a forum, told him to report whatever was that offensive ( after the first couple of pms) , he kept sending pms until i sent him this:

nobody hates you and if someone talking harshly in a forum affects you enough that you cry maybe you should reconsider being in a forum.
If someone in the street swears do you cry ? Cmon.

if someone goes and personally insults you without a reason you can report them, but if they are just swearing like talking with you, then that shouldnt make you cry.  Seriously, even if they are insulting you, its a forum, that shouldnt be getting you to the point of tears.

last post i sent him=
I am not the admin of mugen wiki and i have nothing to do with it.
if you are crying over crap people tell you over the internet, consider using the internet only when you are older.

This is not a babysitting center, if someone is distrupting threads click report and someone will take a look at it, but we are not here to make social interactions for you.

He started then reporting things from 2 months ago apparently, im just posting those so that you all have an idea on whats going on there.
Re: jenngra complaints
#2  October 16, 2011, 12:14:56 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Jenngra is another "I randomly hate orochigill" person. If he's reporting stuff that old he is another OCD idiot and doesn't really deserve our time.

Edit: I think we need to re-write the be nice rule. More along the lines of "Wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice" because as we know, we're not, newbies see old hands giving each other shit and believe they can do the same and then other people think the rule is bloody iron clad and bug us about it.

This isn't really about removing it from the rules, but more placing it squarely in the laps of the users. Right now nice is too subjective.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:22:17 am by Cyanide
#3  October 16, 2011, 12:27:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yeah i went and banned him, because after seeing that youtube video, fuck him.

#4  October 16, 2011, 12:32:59 am
Edit: I think we need to re-write the be nice rule. More along the lines of "Wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice" because as we know, we're not, newbies see old hands giving each other shit and believe they can do the same and then other people think the rule is bloody iron clad and bug us about it.
epic this. we need to get this sorted out STAT
#5  October 16, 2011, 12:34:11 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
BUT GUYS IF WE DONT TELL THEM HOW TO BE NICE THEY WILL NOT KNOW HOW REAL PEOPLE ARE NICE!
Who was saying something like that that lead to you posting a huge detailed list on how to be nice and not nice, was it lasombra or something.
#6  October 16, 2011, 02:34:35 am
    • Thailand
yeah i went and banned him, because after seeing that youtube video, fuck him.
What Youtube video?

And yes, changing that bit of the rules would be a good idea. It probably won't have any immediate effects, but it will certainly prevent people who take things too seriously from bringing it up in their escapades to prove guild is evil.
#7  October 16, 2011, 05:18:33 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
That's pretty much what i mean. The "guide" right now is

Be nice, and treat the other users with respect. Behavior rubs off.

With Be nice leading to a post with 3 quotes in it which doesn't really help anyone.

Proposals for changing this line?

Wouldn't it be nice, if everyone was nice. Sadly, this is the internet and this cannot be achieved. Try to avoid outright insults and we'll get along OK.
Yes/No? Add? Remove? Change completely?

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  October 16, 2011, 05:56:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Sounds ni..er, fine.

I'd change "Try to avoid outright insults and we'll get along OK." with "Try to avoid being too harsh without reason". And add a small disclaimer at the end "...and above all, don't take anything on the internet to heart :)"
Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:59:41 am by Phallic Hardware
#9  October 16, 2011, 06:06:31 am
    • Thailand
Change it to "Don't be stupid. Staff decides what 'stupid' is." :twisted:

Mog

#10  October 16, 2011, 06:08:05 am
 Insult is pretty subjective.    It might work, but I wouldn't count on it.

:bow:
#11  October 16, 2011, 06:49:08 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
This is why i'm not changing the topic yet. I want something we can all agree on and see as being somewhat enforceable.

Mog

#12  October 16, 2011, 07:21:08 am
I just dont see how it can be enforceable when it's so subjective to begin with.  It seems to me for there to be a flame or insult or something similar, someone needs to actually FEEL insulted.  I have really thick skin and laugh at attempts to flame me, but someone else may get all upset if someone says "Are you crazy?"

#13  October 16, 2011, 12:23:37 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Ugh I know someone who was like that. A woman I used to be friends with who actually was crazy, and had so many people seriously tell her she was crazy that if you said "are you crazy" jokingly to her she would get upset.

Not sure what we could put instead. Maybe just some clarification that the "be nice" stuff is just a guideline and that we don't step in unless it's really necessary.
#14  October 16, 2011, 05:29:35 pm
i'd also do without the sepp quote posts. sorry sepp
#15  October 16, 2011, 06:04:30 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
it will be hard to find a middle ground here, it's not only hard to know when someone felt insulted, but it is even harder to know the severity of the insult, it's not the same to call someone "lazy", than "idiot", but some people may feel "lazy" as a harsh insult anyway.
IMHO the thing here will be get rid of problematic people, as I said to Iced we don't need to deal with stupid and/or mentally ill people, they make us spend too much time, the only way to enforce a be-nice-rule correctly is knowing everyone's condition, and this is not Mugen Fighters Shrink, so, and go to yes in the yes/no thingy, and don't discuss that much to ban someone who needs lithium on a daily basis.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand

OZ

#16  October 16, 2011, 07:24:53 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
I think we should do what's in the public interest.
ಠ_ಠ
#17  October 16, 2011, 07:44:42 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
I just dont see how it can be enforceable when it's so subjective to begin with.  It seems to me for there to be a flame or insult or something similar, someone needs to actually FEEL insulted.

If nobody feels insulted then there's no need to step in; we're just changing the rule for the annoying people that feel insulted over petty shit and bring that "be nice" over and over.

Mog

#18  October 16, 2011, 09:03:51 pm
So you dont really want to or intend to enforce any rules about flaming or harassing or whatever so you're doing away with the "be nice" rule?  I guess I'm confused.

#19  October 16, 2011, 10:36:11 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
There is a big difference between flaming/harrassing and someone taking offence at "Shut up"

Now, stop playing devils advocate.

#20  October 16, 2011, 11:22:00 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Yeah, Just there's a huge difference between making a post that says "don't be a we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years" and writing a 1000 words homophobic essay.