YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2481173 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#81  November 17, 2011, 03:47:10 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Rumor: Brink Devs Making a Marvel Game?
A major report on British developers from IndustryGamers has thown up a surprising piece of information: that Brink developers Splash Damage are probably working on a new Marvel game.

The report says that the studio is working on an "unannounced project for a major entertainment brand", which is "based on one of the biggest American pop culture brands of the last 50 years".

When it then says this major entertainment brand is "a company widely believed to have given up on the console publishing business", it becomes pretty clear it's talking about Disney, which recently purchased Marvel comics.

The game in question has "online multiplayer technology" and is running on "an even more polished Brink engine".
source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/united-front-7-uk-studios-to-keep-an-eye-on/
#82  November 17, 2011, 09:03:02 pm
I hope it isn't a shitty low budget action adventure game that comic licenses are known for producing.
#83  November 17, 2011, 09:41:18 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yeah..i hope so too..the last really..i mean really good marvel comics game i played was the Punisher for Playstation 2.

Ultimate Spiderman which came out later was good too, but not halfway as entertaining for me
#84  November 17, 2011, 09:59:50 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
#85  November 18, 2011, 12:19:23 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10199.html

Rumor: Retailer Leaks Grand Theft Auto V Launch Date

Within the debut trailer is a hint that tells us Grand Theft Auto V will launch on May 24. And maybe that's close...

A reader has sent us a link to Walmart's listing for the highly anticipated game and as you can see, there's a June 1, 2012 release date.

Other retailers have had summer dates as well, and the latest date we've seen is from retailer Zavvi in the UK, which gave GTAV a November 23 launch date. So at this point, it's difficult to tell when the next GTA installment will arrive, although it seems realistic to assume it'll drop in the second or third quarter. Rockstar and Take-Two may indeed be saving it for a holiday 2012 release; typically, nothing of any interest launches during the summer.

SNT

#86  November 18, 2011, 12:23:04 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Later than I'd thought.  I was expecting it to come within six months of Saints Row 3, at least.
#87  November 18, 2011, 12:50:36 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
noobde  https://twitter.com/#!/noobde
Surprise from NetherRealm studio coming...?

Ed Boon, producer of the Mk series just hinted at a surprise coming from his studio

It wont be MK9 related
#88  November 18, 2011, 12:53:19 am
    • USA
Patch to fix the clusterfuck of lag that is MKAK
#89  November 19, 2011, 04:49:42 am
  • hecc
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#90  November 20, 2011, 12:17:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
A major report on British developers from IndustryGamers has thown up a surprising piece of information: that Brink developers Splash Damage are probably working on a new Marvel game.

The report says that the studio is working on an "unannounced project for a major entertainment brand", which is "based on one of the biggest American pop culture brands of the last 50 years".

When it then says this major entertainment brand is "a company widely believed to have given up on the console publishing business", it becomes pretty clear it's talking about Disney, which recently purchased Marvel comics.

The game in question has "online multiplayer technology" and is running on "an even more polished Brink engine".
source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/united-front-7-uk-studios-to-keep-an-eye-on/

If it was marvel, it would say 70 years.
#91  November 20, 2011, 02:41:19 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#92  November 21, 2011, 11:24:33 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html

smells like a Marvel Universe Online kind of deal

DMK

#93  November 21, 2011, 02:38:05 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Would it be a bad idea to sticky this? I've been meaning to cleanup the stickies above(like combining a few threads that was discussed MONTHS ago), but that way it'll stay at the top for now?
#94  November 21, 2011, 04:44:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
as mentioned before i am for the sticky idea for the thread, maybe there should be general rules about what is interesting enough for an own thread or  should be posted in here

Beside that, sad news.

The Tales Studio Is Dead
http://kotaku.com/5861361/was-this-inevitable-the-tales-studio-is-dead

No more tales of abyss, destiny, vesperia etc. ..at least not made by the Tales Studio if there would be any new games or ports
#95  November 21, 2011, 06:51:59 pm
    • USA
Like Midway, Im pretty sure another company is willing to buy them up. Its just a matter of time.
#96  November 21, 2011, 07:00:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Like Midway, Im pretty sure another company is willing to buy them up. Its just a matter of time.

doubt so, the guys arent workless now, they just work for other namco divisions/game studios now if i understood it right
#97  November 21, 2011, 07:03:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the licences themselves can still be bought.
#98  November 21, 2011, 07:36:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Jack & Daxter HD collection confirmed for ps3

source: http://kotaku.com/jak-and-daxter/

the collection includes Jak 1-3

All three of the duo's adventures will be presented on one Blu-ray disc, remastered in 720p HD with support for eye-popping stereoscopic 3D.

Nice that the  jak and daxter games get the hd treatment, a new game for the two would be cool too though. Now after Uncharted 3, Naughty Dog should have some time for  jak again i hope
#99  November 22, 2011, 06:41:57 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
as mentioned before i am for the sticky idea for the thread, maybe there should be general rules about what is interesting enough for an own thread or  should be posted in here

Beside that, sad news.

The Tales Studio Is Dead
http://kotaku.com/5861361/was-this-inevitable-the-tales-studio-is-dead

No more tales of abyss, destiny, vesperia etc. ..at least not made by the Tales Studio if there would be any new games or ports

IIRC, they dissolved back into Namco Bandai.  I would assume that the company will manage it now instead of the team.

GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#100  November 22, 2011, 07:02:54 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
Tales of destiny was the only one I cared