YesNoOk

Mugen Story Mode 2.3 [Source Code Released] (Read 120539 times)

Started by kamiloxnumetal, November 24, 2011, 10:05:09 am
Share this topic:
Mugen Story Mode 2.3 [Source Code Released]
New #1  November 24, 2011, 10:05:09 am
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
Hi :D

So i never have time to develop MSM 3.0, years have been passed.
But today someone wrote me to add a new option to the chapters to chapters to autoplay
and i have added it, now you have 5 options: Fight, Video, Video + Fight, Nothing (just an image), And Fight With Autoplay Option 1 Without Press Any Button

So if anyone want it is there, is for 1.0 Build

PD: I have a hard time, reorganizing the code to rebuild it without my old xp computer....

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links 2.2 Release (MUGEN 1.0 Build and Winmugen Build):

2.2a Mugen Saga Creator Patch (Patch 2.2 saga creator with this, for both builds)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to upload the source code of this tools, i don't have so much time to develop it
so if anyone wants to improve it there is it

The tools are coded in c++ with wxDevCpp (some with 7.3 and anothers with 7.4 hehe.. sorry for that
some tools are not going to compile with 7.4 but if you know wxWidgets and c++ is really easy to fix the code
just replace al strings "string" with wxT("string") )

You are free to modify the code and release modifications, just give me the credit for the original app
or you can check the code to see what the tool does and write your own

here's the link

you will find two folders "MSM2.1" is the original mugen 1.0 tool source code
"wMSM2.1" contains the tools modified to work with winmugen, the folders that are only in "MSM2.1" are tools that work ok
for winmugen and doesn't need to be modified

Finally yes is the 2.2a source code, 2.1 it's just the folders name

------------------------------

Original Post:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Now is compatible with both mugen 1.0 and winmugen

Removed the megauplaod links :(  ....
uploaded to mediafire

Hi, here's the 2.2 Version of Mugen Story Mode Tool, Sound Effects Added

Remember to add your sagas to "sagalist.sdef" file

2.2a - Added Edit Current Story Option To Mugen Saga Creator

If someone can make a good tutorial of the program i'm be grateful (i publish it as a official one and give credits to the author)
i have no time to do it xd

Change list :

- Added : Sound effects Support :D (Must be wav files)
- Tried to fixed the mugen story creator and other tools text overlapping with boxes bugs for some users
- Now really mugen 1.0 and mugen story mode windows are centered at the same point (try number 500 xd)
- Added a new Video Backend MCI , is not recommended for now is very incompatible

Old Changes:

Controls:

Known Issues:

Video and Pictures Format Information:

Videos (2.0 Version):

Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:48:40 am by kamiloxnumetal
Re: Mugen Story Mode 2.0
#2  November 24, 2011, 10:17:19 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Seems interesting, will give it a try.
#3  November 24, 2011, 10:20:49 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Could you post some screenies?
#4  November 24, 2011, 10:54:58 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#5  November 24, 2011, 11:29:23 am
  • Got them waifus for sale
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/d.jaggerjack
This seems pretty awesome. Downloading now and trying this out a bit later.
#6  November 24, 2011, 08:33:25 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:01:45 pm by kamiloxnumetal
#7  November 24, 2011, 09:09:17 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
This is amazing. I will have to take some time to learn how to use it, but I think this will make mugen a lot more interesting.
#8  November 24, 2011, 09:24:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Thank you, man
A great work here...
Congratulations
gracias, és mui bueno
#9  November 24, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
I get this when mugen story mode launches the mugen.exe program. Mugen is not centered correctly on the screen.

#10  November 24, 2011, 09:49:38 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
I get this when mugen story mode launches the mugen.exe program. Mugen is not centered correctly on the screen.

check the mugen.cfg file screen config (is configured on 640x480 if u have a 16:9 wide screen try another res) or try pressing ALT+TAB and go to mugen again, if this not work tell me
#11  November 24, 2011, 09:54:32 pm
I have a 16:9 screen, but it does that on every res. The only thing that fixes it is ALT+TAB and going to mugen again. That's the only error I've seen so far. Will there be a fix for this?
#12  November 24, 2011, 10:01:09 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
This sounds a good idea but you are going to alienate people easily with the vague explanation of what it is. The lack of images, the lack of decent videos.

Nobody will know how to use it and nobody will bother learning, better explanation please.
I rock

#13  November 24, 2011, 10:09:57 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
I have a 16:9 screen, but it does that on every res. The only thing that fixes it is ALT+TAB and going to mugen again. That's the only error I've seen so far. Will there be a fix for this?

wait  i'm coding a "patch" with a alternative method of launching mugen
#14  November 24, 2011, 10:14:54 pm
sounds great. In the mean time I'll start experimenting with other parts of the program. =)
#15  November 24, 2011, 10:22:00 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
sounds great. In the mean time I'll start experimenting with other parts of the program. =)

man try this mugenstorymode exe http://alumnos.informatica.utem.cl/~cgonzalez/cosas/MSM2.0cmdPatch.rar

this one uses the normal "CMD" black console to launch mugen and not the ShellExecute c++ method
maybe this one works for you tell me if not to try another thing

for Zantetsuken

sorry man i will try to make a better guide to the program , but believe it's not hard to use, but this is still a beta release
wait for the final version, i'm on the part of remove bugs from the program like the one of kratos screen
#16  November 24, 2011, 10:37:52 pm
It still happens with the patch. But I noticed it always happens if in mugen.cfg fullscreen = 1.
So I have to leave it at 0 and it does not happen.

EDIT: I found a fix. Instead of using fullscreen = 1
Under [Video] in mugen.cfg you have it like so:

[Video]
 ;The video resolution defaults to the same as the game resolution.
 ;You can force an alternate resolution by uncommenting the lines
 ;below.
Width  = 1280
Height = 720

or whatever your screenpack resolution is.
Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:45:53 pm by Kratos
#17  November 24, 2011, 10:43:42 pm
don't know if this is happening to everyone else, but for me it destroys my computer.  I tried to start it up and it intantly closes  but stays open in the background where even in the task manager I am unable to close it and says it cant read the system def.  it also changes all my icons and crashed my computer, which is usually a virus :/
#18  November 24, 2011, 10:46:27 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
don't know if this is happening to everyone else, but for me it destroys my computer.  I tried to start it up and it intantly closes  but stays open in the background where even in the task manager I am unable to close it and says it cant read the system def.  it also changes all my icons and crashed my computer, which is usually a virus :/

WT????  ... this program don't use "system.def" in any moment man, only "mugen.exe" uses it, if the program disappers for you try to use it in windowed mode, this is not a virus... ¬¬

ahh it would be good to see a screen or video of your computer destroying

It still happens with the patch. But I noticed it always happens if in mugen.cfg fullscreen = 1.
So I have to leave it at 0 and it does not happen.

EDIT: I found a fix. Instead of using fullscreen = 1
Under [Video] in mugen.cfg you have it like so:

[Video]
 ;The video resolution defaults to the same as the game resolution.
 ;You can force an alternate resolution by uncommenting the lines
 ;below.
Width  = 1280
Height = 720

or whatever your screenpack resolution is.

great    :)
Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:18:48 pm by kamiloxnumetal
#19  November 24, 2011, 10:51:28 pm
then how are you suppose to use mugen with your story mode if you're not suppose to use the mugen.exe... btw the was no readme in the main folder
#20  November 24, 2011, 10:57:53 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
then how are you suppose to use mugen with your story mode if you're not suppose to use the mugen.exe... btw the was no readme in the main folder

this program is an ADDON, this programs LAUNCH mugen.exe with certain commands and then mugen.exe uses system.def and that files, but "MugenStoryMode.exe" never use "system.def", the launched mugen.exe uses it, so it's impossible to get a "system.def" not found message from "MugenStoryMode.exe", the only way you can get a message like that (from mugen.exe) is when this program launch mugen.exe for a story battle, if you code a story with the system.def option pointing to a unexisting or bad syntax system.def file in the (Motif (Screenpack) used : ) option in mugen story creator.

but if you are not joking and really have a error like that post a screenshot to try to fix it

readme files are (in english)

INSTRUCTIONS(English)-MAIN.txt
INSTRUCTIONS(English)-RELEASER.txt
INSTRUCTIONS(English)-TRIGGERS.txt

there are spanish ones to
Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:29:28 pm by kamiloxnumetal