YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556939 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Fighter Factory 3.0.1
#1  December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hello,

Today, I'm releasing Fighter Factory 3 to the public. This program is a hard work of more than four years.
It has some great improvements:
- Very fast.
- Smooth.
- Supports Windows 7 features.
- Multi-platform.
- Highly customizable.
- Can create and edit more than just characters.
- Uses a caching system that supports compression + filtering.
- New text editor capabilities like code folding and syntax validation.
- Supports OpenGL for rendering.
- Fully unicode.
- Integrated Lua scripting system.

Briefy description

Fighter Factory 3 is a full featured M.U.G.E.N. editor. Using it, you can create and edit characters, stages, fonts, and everything you want. This new version provides full support for M.U.G.E.N. Beta and 1.x versions.
Now, you can use the interface that you want, like Classic and Ultimate versions of Fighter Factory. In addition, you have the Neo interface, with more options and a better look.
Fighter Factory isn't an automated program. It provide all possible tools and functions to allow the user to use your creativity and make your projects in a fast and easy way. The program will not do all the work for you. ;)

Main features

- Interface similar to Classic and Ultimate versions.
- Support for M.U.G.E.N. Beta and bellow, including the private 1.1 Alpha.
- Improved backup functionality (sub-folder with the current time/date each backup).
- Improved Run in M.U.G.E.N. function (allow more than one M.U.G.E.N. to be defined).
- Supports Undo/Redo in SFF and SND (AIR with the full text mode).
- Quick find mode to easy and fast search in any editor (Backward, Circular, RegExp, Case sensivity).
- DEF in text mode.
- Supports Cut/Copy/Paste in SFF.
- Better image editing capabilities.
- New interesting functions: 'split RGB channels' and 'Save sprites (aligned)' in SFF and 'Use this CLSNs in all other instances of this frame' (AIR).
- Palette editor similar to the Classic version, with more functions.
- Better GIF generation: time accurate and LZW compressed.
- Fast CLSN creation: you just need to draw the CLSN in the place you want.
- Multi-selection of CLSNs.
- Remove all selected CLSNs with Delete and move with the arrow keys.
- Highlights the full M.U.G.E.N. syntax and check errors.
- Syntax error navigation.
- Function to toggle comments in all selected lines (line start).
- Integrated documentation.
- Import/Export SFF, AIR and SND.
- Customization of keyboard shortcuts.
- Text encoding detection to convert from multi-byte to unicode encodings (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, ... support).
- Hierarchical list of text groups/blocks (tree).
- Dynamic code snippet system.
- AIR full text mode.
- Sprite/palette implicit sharing

Bug reporting

When reporting a problem, include any error message / screenshot, steps to reproduce the problem, more detailed informations like current editor, last used function and send any useful file (Fighter Factory error report or log) or the file that you are currently working in (I promise, it don't will be leaked).

Optionally, you can include the type of the bug:
- Heisenbug: a bug that disappears or alters its characteristics when an attempt is made to study it. by [jacob]
- Hindenbug: a catastrophic data destroying bug - "Oh the humanity!". by [mike-robinson]
- Counterbug: a bug you present when presented with a bug caused by the person presenting the bug. by [mike-robinson]
- Bloombug: a bug that accidentally generates money. by [mike-robinson]
- Schrödinbug: refers to a function/feature that appears to fluctuate between buggy and correct (like Schrödinger's cat, fluctuating between alive and dead), until somebody looks at the source code (opens the box), at which point it becomes permanently bugged. by [aaronaught]
- Loch Ness Monster Bug: a bug which cannot be reproduced or has only been sighted by one person. by [russau] (Also, Bugfoot is a great alternative).
- UFO bug: a bug presented by customers, who, even when they're shown that it doesn't exist, will repeatedly report it again and again, believing it is real. by [Tuqui]
- Mad girlfriend bug: a bug whose immediate effect remains hidden - the app outwardly seems to function normally and tells you that everything is fine. by [jeduan-cornejo]

Finally, I'm interested on Bloombug bugs. :D

Acknowledgements

{_Carnificina_}, Beatrice, vans, Legendary XM-90 for the great help in all previous versions.
Cyanide, Cybaster, Jesuszilla, Juano16, Liero, O Ilusionista, RajaaBoy, Zero-Sennin for the best possible private beta testing of the current version and the help in previous versions too (these are my idols).
Kain the Supreme, KoopaKoot, Maximilianjenus, PotS, for accepting my invitation but didn'thave time/conditions to test.
(DG), _Josue_, AnArquia B, Angel, Awesome, Binho, Carnavalesco-Man, Chon Wang, Don Drago, Doom, Duende Macabro, Erradicator, Ex Inferis, Ex Shadow, FerchogtX, Fervicante, Godita, Pao, Hero, Hiei SSJ, Iced, InicianteZERO, MabsKMK, MadkaT, MalaDingDong, Mantovao, Misamu, Poemi Watanabe, Raposo, Rednavi, Riptide, Sal-azul, Sam, SpyderBoy, Superleosam, Toninho 3rd, Toshio, Vans, xande, xursinix, Yin Yang, to be part of the Fighter Factory's history, with feedback and suggestions.
Comunity of the forums Mugen Fighters Guild, MugenBR, Pão de Mugen (all others included indirectly).
Elecbyte to make this buggy engine and give me problems (you don't know why) :P

Important! You need to download the first link before installing any update! Many people are downloading only the last update/patch.
To update, just extract the new file in the FF3 folder replacing the old ones.

Current version: 3.0.1.2010

Windows x86 (32 bits)
Download - https://www.sendspace.com/file/02z8st
Download (mirror) - http://minhateca.com.br/Ramon.Saldanha/ff301x86,498678300.zip(archive)
Download (mirror) - http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/ff301x86.zip
Pre-requisite - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328

Windows x86-64 (64 bits)
Download - https://www.sendspace.com/file/j3vh3z
Download (mirror) - http://minhateca.com.br/Ramon.Saldanha/ff301x64,498677368.rar(archive)
Download (mirror) - http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/ff301x64.rar
Pre-requisite - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13523

Linux x86 (3.0.1.2010)
Download - https://www.sendspace.com/file/dfd37k
Download (mirror) - http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/ff301linux.zip
Pre-requisites - libQtCore4, libQtGui4, libQtXml4, libQtOpenGL4, libQtMultimedia4 (version 4.8.x), wine, Network Audio System ([ftp]ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/audio/nas/[/ftp])
On Debian-based systems - sudo apt-get install libQtCore4 libQtGui4 libQtMultimedia4 libqt4-opengl libqt4-xml wine
To make it executable if needed - chmod -x ff3
Attention: Unix file names are case sensitive. All project files will open in FF3 only if the file name match exactly the defined in the .def.

Windows Vista/7 PCX Thumbnail Handler V3

Now you can view thumbnails of PCX images in any application that uses native system dialogs, as Windows Explorer and FF3.
Installation instructions included. Includes both x86 and x86-64 versions.  ;)

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?g1nkqyrwmhb9k9d

No more, El Psy Congroo!
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:51:59 am by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta
#2  December 16, 2011, 11:46:36 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Awesome, open to the public finally!
#3  December 16, 2011, 11:56:29 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Thanks for this, going to try it out now  ;D
#4  December 16, 2011, 11:57:46 pm
    • Japan
So far...

I think Im in love with new FF, its much easier to edit & view images, what was my nightmare.
#5  December 17, 2011, 12:24:21 am
    • USA
It takes like 3 times longer to load a char than in FFU, why's that?

Special Thanks:  Rednavy

If that's actually me... it's with an "y" instead of an "i" >_>
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:31:52 am by Strangelove
#6  December 17, 2011, 12:34:02 am
    • USA

I'm not sure if it's the character's fault or the program's, but this the only char that is affected by with the sffv2 format

Rajaa's Characters, that also uses the same format, works fine and i found no problems with the old sffv1 format

BTW it's Gill by GM
#7  December 17, 2011, 12:51:08 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
It takes like 3 times longer to load a char than in FFU, why's that?
Yes, and it do 10 times more things, isn't good?  ;D

Special Thanks:  Rednavy

If that's actually me... it's with an "y" instead of an "i" >_>
Yeah, edited. In the next update will be the right name. Sorry, I typed it incorrectly.

I'm not sure if it's the character's fault or the program's, but this the only char that is affected by with the sffv2 format

Rajaa's Characters, that also uses the same format, works fine and i found no problems with the old sffv1 format

BTW it's Gill by GM
I will check it later, thanks!

#8  December 17, 2011, 01:20:32 am
    • https://sites.google.com/site/mgmurrow/
THANK YOU FOR THE RELEASE AND TO EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PROGRAM
#9  December 17, 2011, 03:00:04 am
    • Argentina
very impressive so far!

i haven't see all the new options. i've seen you added the air new parameters (1.1) and i have a doubt: have you added any of the new changes in 1.1 state ctrls? like explod's new pos type etc.

i don't know if it's too dificult to do something like according of the mugen version defined load or not the new options.

thank you very much, now is VERY easy work with sffv2 and HD chars :)
without a doubt it's a GREAT release!
#10  December 17, 2011, 04:07:55 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
YES, thanks a lot for this great tool!

Some problems I have found,  FF3 freezes when you launch mugen via the tool bar.

If I launch mugen like normal, I can still work in FF3 and update the scene with Shift+F4.  Why doesn't this work like a regular shortcut through FF's interface?  I have to close mugen, edit my code and re launch mugen to view changes, It's faster with Shift+F4.

Bug = After opening a character in the .cns editor.   Clicking  States > New > close the new state with the X on the page =  crash every time.

I found this while looking for where to add sctrl's to the list in the .cns editor.  There were buttons there to add or edit your own and now it's missing, I use that a lot.
#11  December 17, 2011, 06:50:41 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I had a problem when replacing the 9000,1 portrait. I'd scroll back to 9000,0 and then back to 9000,1 and it would be 9000,0. Then I'd go to 0,0 and back to 9000,1 and it'd be improperly indexed... But when I saved, there were no problems.

Also the problem with the search I mentioned to you is still present.

EDIT: WOW. Search is totally broken. It won't find stuff that's there!
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:12:20 am by Jesuszilla
#12  December 17, 2011, 07:12:04 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
One major thing: I can't seem to add new elements to an animation by using the thumbnail viewer. Whenever I try to nothing happens. I can make new animations, just not add elements.

Also, if you right-click while one of the CLSN tools is active, FF crashes.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:22:55 am by Zero-Sennin
#13  December 17, 2011, 11:09:37 am
- Multi-platform.
Wrong typed in 1st post also.) Can you make customization for blue background with lines?
I just don't like how it looks and want to replace/remove.. Thanks for release anyways. Better late, than never.)
Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:45:07 am by Le@N
#14  December 17, 2011, 12:22:05 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Some problems I have found,  FF3 freezes when you launch mugen via the tool bar.

If I launch mugen like normal, I can still work in FF3 and update the scene with Shift+F4.  Why doesn't this work like a regular shortcut through FF's interface.  I have to close mugen, edit my code and re launch mugen to view changes, It's faster with Shift+F4.
It's intentional. I will change later.

Bug = After opening a character in the .cns editor.   Clicking  States > New > close the new state with the X on the page =  crash every time.

I found this while looking for where to add sctrl's to the list in the .cns editor.  There were buttons there to add or edit your own and now it's missing, I use that a lot.
OK.

I had a problem when replacing the 9000,1 portrait. I'd scroll back to 9000,0 and then back to 9000,1 and it would be 9000,0. Then I'd go to 0,0 and back to 9000,1 and it'd be improperly indexed... But when I saved, there were no problems.

Also the problem with the search I mentioned to you is still present.

EDIT: WOW. Search is totally broken. It won't find stuff that's there!
About the portrait, I will test.
Send me an example. I have no problems with the search, then I can't fix this.

One major thing: I can't seem to add new elements to an animation by using the thumbnail viewer. Whenever I try to nothing happens. I can make new animations, just not add elements.

Also, if you right-click while one of the CLSN tools is active, FF crashes.
OK.
About the right-click, doesn't occurs with me. Any procedure to reproduce this?

- Multi-platform.
Wrong typed in 1st post also.) Can you make customization for blue background with lines?
I just don't like how it looks and want to replace/remove.. Thanks for release anyways. Better late, than never.)
Go to the options window.
#15  December 17, 2011, 01:32:36 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
Although is possible to get high quality images in the sff editer, is pretty difficult to identify the index color. That would be great having a method to select the index color.
I'm still unfamiliar with the sff editer, but other than that is a great release.
-Toshio Tenma
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 1)
#16  December 17, 2011, 05:19:27 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
First post updated.

very impressive so far!

i haven't see all the new options. i've seen you added the air new parameters (1.1) and i have a doubt: have you added any of the new changes in 1.1 state ctrls? like explod's new pos type etc.

i don't know if it's too dificult to do something like according of the mugen version defined load or not the new options.

thank you very much, now is VERY easy work with sffv2 and HD chars :)
without a doubt it's a GREAT release!
I forgot to reply your question, sorry. FF3 already detects the MUGEN version. I just stopped to work on 1.1 to make other things. Then no news about CNS stuff.

Although is possible to get high quality images in the sff editer, is pretty difficult to identify the index color. That would be great having a method to select the index color.
I'm still unfamiliar with the sff editer, but other than that is a great release.
Yes, you have in the two palette editors, take a look.
#17  December 17, 2011, 06:14:03 pm
  • Burn to Fight
nice work virtualtek  ;D  , dowloading...  :sugoi:

#18  December 17, 2011, 06:37:32 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
The search function for me broke when I had other characters open. When I just had one open, it worked fine, but when I had Warusaki's DIO and Muteki's Johnny open, that's when it started to act up. I'd search for something and then I'd get like 20 "Not found" windows pop up.

I'll send the character I used and the strings to search for.
#19  December 17, 2011, 07:40:53 pm
  • Mite Kudasai, Ore no Henshin..
    • Singapore
Oh wow, The beta is released, downloading now  :sugoi:

"I was gone for 2 weeks  ::), what a nice way to start mugen again"

~ A New Hero, A New Legend~ Cho Henshin! - 超変身! ~
#20  December 17, 2011, 08:15:10 pm
  • Quien coño te crees que soy!!!!!!
Hello!

A good release, it works a lot better than the last ultimate version. i been working with it a little longer this morning and i been notice a couple of things:

- the find tool does't work fine with sprites and animations, but it works perfectly in .cmd and .cns.
- the palette tool its a little bit tricky, its still simply to work with the ffclassic one.
- plus, the add sprites tool work a little strange to me, it directly index but don't allow to add a indexed image directly with some pallete, without changing the order of them... or maybe i don't know how.

That's all, good job elsewhere.  :sugoi: