YesNoOk

Hohoho!! Retro Ken Masters and Genma Saotome released, Scott Pilgrim re-released (Read 15348 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, December 25, 2011, 04:47:40 pm
Share this topic:
Hohoho!! Retro Ken Masters and Genma Saotome released, Scott Pilgrim re-released
#1  December 25, 2011, 04:47:40 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Santa Basara is coming to your MUGEN with these exclusive releases for all of you, little children :D

1. Retro Ken Masters
Using Parker's CVS3 Ken as base, in a beginning it supposed to be another of chars from my "B-kun a la POTS" project, but seeing the awesome Jmorphman's version and the others similar Ken already released in that time, I decided to make something different. So, here you are a Ken with SF2 gameplay, sparks, sounds and even palettes :P oh, and it has a secret mode you surely love ;)
[img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/eFJnd.png[/img][img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/wwq2J.png[/img]

2. Genma Saotome
An old project finally I can finish as I wished. Genma is a big character in Ranma 1/2 (literally), but was shrinked in all his appearances in fighting games, which it's a big mistake IMO. So, I made this character a la 2X to get in your MUGEN the real Genma Saotome. He's based in SNES' Chougi Ranbu Hen and it plays almost like that appearance... but with a big size and new supers ;) I hope you like it!!
[img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/foV7V.png[/img][img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/V1H1c.png[/img]

3. Scott Pilgrim
Before I released him as a joke character and I get down because I thought no one liked it... but after a lot of requests in my mail and my YouTube account, I prefered to re-release him, and also inaugurating the new Joke/Boss section in my website, where also I included Mad Grinder, Evil Reiji and Akuma-Shin... and maybe I re-release Loud Demon too, who knows :P Oh, and you can ask anything about Scott, I answer you all ;)
[img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/gQoc7.png[/img][img width=320]http://i.imgur.com/TbAfK.png[/img]

I hope you like this triple release, dedicated for all of you ;) Hohoho!! Merry X-mas to all, people :D

http://basara.mugen-infantry.net/

[size=2pt]PS: It's my birthday, too... so you can salute me here, no problem[/size] :)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Hohoho!! Retro Ken Masters and Genma Saotome released, Scott Pilgrim re-released
#2  December 25, 2011, 04:49:47 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Nice releases bro,

good choice to make Genma Saotome bigger!
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
Re: Hohoho!! Retro Ken Masters and Genma Saotome released, Scott Pilgrim re-released
#3  December 25, 2011, 04:58:38 pm
    • Chile
Thanks :) Genma has been nerfed in every game he appeared, mistake I wanted to solve with this char ;)

Also, I released as a X-mas funny video days ago, but was, in fact, a spoiler of this release... so, here's a gameplay video of Retro Ken and Genma, enjoy it ;D

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#4  December 25, 2011, 04:59:25 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Very nice, will try this new Ken out, Happy birthday btw :)
#5  December 25, 2011, 05:00:40 pm
    • Chile
Thanks man :D I hope you enjoy this new (or old?) Ken ;D

#6  December 25, 2011, 05:05:52 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
#7  December 25, 2011, 05:07:33 pm
    • Chile
Great, thanks for the feedback ;) I'll fix/add that stuff soon

#8  December 25, 2011, 05:10:29 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
It's not over yet. Ken can trigger his medium kick and fierce kick while in state 0, but not while walking forward.
#9  December 25, 2011, 05:23:16 pm
hey noce released it's rather fun to play with him. It's weird not having super moves but that's the price to pay for playing with retro chars  ;D
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#10  December 25, 2011, 05:45:43 pm
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
Awesome i cant wait to add them to my mugen specially Genma! :sugoi:
#11  December 25, 2011, 08:06:02 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Can't decide which one of the gonna use first but am pretty sure when am say that Genma is the fucking boss  :sugoi:

Got this error when I tried to download Genma :

Code:
Invalid or Deleted File. 

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.
Click here to view our help resources.
Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:10:47 pm by Dead or Alive Fan
#12  December 25, 2011, 08:24:13 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#13  December 25, 2011, 08:35:55 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Happy Birthday.
#14  December 25, 2011, 09:23:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Happy birthday!!
And thanks for the releases.
You rock! 8)
#15  December 25, 2011, 10:17:42 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
great release: gotta love the big guy ;)

happy birthday
#16  December 26, 2011, 02:58:32 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Not sure why, but regardless of version selected, you can't press M.K. or H.K. while holding forward :S. Also regarding the secret mode for start plus z, I think some move behaviour could be changed so that some of Ken's moves like his tatsumaki, should have less momentum, and be more floaty, as well as a slowed ascent and descent from his shoryuken and slower hadouken speeds. I also think it would be interesting if you changed all the special commands to their originals, like how the hadouken was something like d,d,f,f,p but make the damage just as ridiculous as in the original. In a similar manner I think you should give his SF2 modes a damage level which makes him more like his SF2 counterpart, where you could land like 10 moves and your opponent would be down.

In either case, just some random feedback/suggestions, definitely like your version of Ken, makes me wish more of these combo characters existed, would be cool to have something similar to CVS grooves but being varying SF era grooves.

[size=5pt]I think as an April Fools' Joke you should update him later with a SF : The Movie - The Game mode :p[/size]
Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:02:52 am by C-G-U
#17  December 26, 2011, 03:21:54 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I like how Retro-Ken is using SSFII Ryu's voice set.  ;P

Also aside from what already said, I think those problems with infinite hurricane kick in the air + not being able to kick while walking are major flaws.  --;

Also, is it just me, or are the hit impact noises aren't SF2 retro either? They sound either mixed, or something.  :S

BTW, is it just me, or is the head-pos in the wrong place? Started noticing when my Koryu Ryu fireballs started homing in at Retro-Ken's feet. :P

So yea, not completely retro. I guess it's just enough to be somewhat retro.  :-\

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:29:19 am by N-Mario
#18  December 26, 2011, 06:15:49 am
  • I like to sing with the radio.
    • internetjesusvtheworld.blogspot.com/
>dat Genma

You're a beautiful man, Basara. Never change.
#19  December 26, 2011, 07:56:47 pm
    • Chile
A lot of post here!! Thank you so much for posting and testing/liking my new chars ;D

About feedback:
It's not over yet. Ken can trigger his medium kick and fierce kick while in state 0, but not while walking forward.
Not sure why, but regardless of version selected, you can't press M.K. or H.K. while holding forward :S
The reason is because in the originl version, Ken (CVS3 ken especifically) has command moves with these commands (F.MK and F.HK), and I just deleted in CMD thinking that was just enough. But I see not :-\ I'll fix that thing as soon as I can ;) or maybe restore those command moves, maybe :P

I have no idea if you meant to do this or not.
Nope, that wasn't planned to Retro Ken. Let me see what's about it, but I think it's just a CMD stuff (the trigger stuff I guess)

BTW, is it just me, or is the head-pos in the wrong place? Started noticing when my Koryu Ryu fireballs started homing in at Retro-Ken's feet. :P
Well, I didn't touch Data number Parker already did thinking about he already fixed that, but I think I should fix that, too... OK; I'll see it ;)

Now about salutes:
Happy Birthday.
Happy birthday!!
And thanks for the releases.
You rock! 8)
great release: gotta love the big guy ;)

happy birthday
Thank you very much guys ;D I'm 29 now and I hope world doesn't end next year to celebrate my 30s (the "doomsday" is in 21, but my b-day is in 25 :S)

>dat Genma

You're a beautiful man, Basara. Never change.
Thank you very much ;D I'll never change I promise you ;)

And about other stuff:
hey noce released it's rather fun to play with him. It's weird not having super moves but that's the price to pay for playing with retro chars  ;D
I think the same, sometimes to get fun chars you don't have to get some with a lot of supers. I enjoyed a lot making Retro Ken and I hope to make more chars like this... and I reminded about Classic reiji patch I did time ago (converts my Reiji into PI1 Reiji), maybe a video of those 2 could be great)

Got this error when I tried to download Genma :
Code:
Invalid or Deleted File. 

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.
Click here to view our help resources.
I tried to enter mediafire to get the error, but now it's offline, dunno why :-\ but when it gets online and the file was deleted, I'll upload again ;)

Also regarding the secret mode for start plus z, I think some move behaviour could be changed so that some of Ken's moves like his tatsumaki, should have less momentum, and be more floaty, as well as a slowed ascent and descent from his shoryuken and slower hadouken speeds. I also think it would be interesting if you changed all the special commands to their originals, like how the hadouken was something like d,d,f,f,p but make the damage just as ridiculous as in the original. In a similar manner I think you should give his SF2 modes a damage level which makes him more like his SF2 counterpart, where you could land like 10 moves and your opponent would be down.

In either case, just some random feedback/suggestions, definitely like your version of Ken, makes me wish more of these combo characters existed, would be cool to have something similar to CVS grooves but being varying SF era grooves.

[size=5pt]I think as an April Fools' Joke you should update him later with a SF : The Movie - The Game mode :p[/size]
Good suggerences for Retro Ken, I also want to get more specific data from SF2 (and SF1) to get him more accurate for next updates ;) I'll search about it, thanks

I like how Retro-Ken is using SSFII Ryu's voice set.  ;P

Also aside from what already said, I think those problems with infinite hurricane kick in the air + not being able to kick while walking are major flaws.  --;

Also, is it just me, or are the hit impact noises aren't SF2 retro either? They sound either mixed, or something.  :S

So yea, not completely retro. I guess it's just enough to be somewhat retro.  :-\
Well, I used Layer's SF2 iPhone sounds, so basically combined SF2 and SF2' sounds, so I used various of them for Retro Ken, the idea was to mimify the graphic and sonorous (and in part gameplay) sensation you're playing with SF2/2' Ken, but still some work as I read in the feedback in this thread ;) thanks for your comments

Again, thanks to all for your posts ;D you can keep reporting more feedback for Retro Ken and Genma, I'm planning to update them before 2011 ends (I hope so)

#20  December 26, 2011, 09:35:05 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Is it intentionally that Retro Ken Masters gains life back when he blocks certain attacks or get thrown?

Used him in MUGEN 1.0...