YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1040702 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#741  February 20, 2012, 06:16:18 am
Yeah, I hope I don't mess up on Maki.

An hour and a half later, Bit and Byte.

Cleanest examples yet, compared to the others. And yes, still WIP. Swear to god, gonna render them all in good time. Part of it is me not being familiar with what colors are appropriate to use in relation to each other in blending and what not. You've got that pastel sort of look to Ryu's gi uniform, the transition to the shadow is white-orange-blue. Works really well. But yeah, these were fun. Byte took forever because he has so much detail.

I'll do Slash next since he's so small, it'll be done in a flash. And then Maki.
#742  February 20, 2012, 08:46:56 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

MDD

#743  February 20, 2012, 08:52:08 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Didn't Diepod already sprite Ogre from Tekken 3? I don't think I can top it, either, it looked spot on.
I meant the human form. He did True Ogre.

And that Chuck sprite is....interesting.

GOH

#744  February 20, 2012, 01:54:05 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

!E

#745  February 24, 2012, 01:21:05 am
    • Canada
2 new sprite.

Scorpion

Asura
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

MDD

#746  February 24, 2012, 04:24:42 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Hmm, hey look more like a cross between CvS and CPS3.

Still loving them both though. Good stuff.
#747  February 24, 2012, 05:53:43 pm
    • Mexico
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#748  February 24, 2012, 11:00:27 pm
  • SNK is life
Now, that's a pretty interesting assessment on the bottom lightsource. Love what you did there.
#749  February 26, 2012, 10:51:30 pm

Six more, christ. I can't stop.

I thought of doing Slash because I thought of the possibilities of him being a unique character in how he moves and attacks. To make him fit in with the style, I had to change his proportions up. Satan Morroc, it's been difficult. This could be his stance, but I just don't think it's strong enough. Marco, I should just redo. I need to make him taller and elongate his face, along with changing the shape of his feet. What a mess. Maki was fun, but her legs need fixing. I hope whoever wanted her likes what I have so far. Adon's a bitch, that's all I'm going to say. Balrog came out better than I expected.

As it stands though, fifteen new characters is enough for now, and I'd like to get started rendering them in the glorious CPS3 style. The problem is that I haven't quite figured out how the style actually works as far as how the colors interact around shadows and highlights. I do know, however, that the light source blasts the characters directly from the top, so there's a clue. I'd likje to be able to post all fifteen of the new characters drawn tomorrow, but with colors closer to what we see in SFIII.
#750  February 29, 2012, 03:22:40 am
If I'm posting too much, feel free to speak up. I'd hate for it to look like I was spamming.

Not quite there. So besides Alpha and CPS3 styled stuff seemingly following the same light source, CPS3 has this kind of "pastel" look I guess? Like on Ryu's pants, we see it go from white to light orange to blue. Well done. We see something similar to that on his arm, where the hue is purple. Tried the same on Eagle. I've been working on coloring it from the flat colors seen earlier for at least an hour now. How do you guys make these so goddamn quickly, it blows my mind, really, when I see people not just doing a single sprite, but an idle animation. After Eagle's done right, I'll start rendering Karnov next.
#751  February 29, 2012, 03:44:21 am
    • 1tone.deviantart.com
Try not to be of the 90%.
#752  February 29, 2012, 03:51:57 am
Thanks, man. I'll try and do as this guide dictates.
#753  March 02, 2012, 08:30:43 pm

Well, I tried. Second one's based directly on Q's pants, thanks to the reference given to me. Touched up his face just a bit so there's something going on there. If this still isn't right, I apologize. This is taking much longer than I expected. I don't want to give up yet as I've only just started, but goddamn, just fiddling with the dots, man. I could even animate Eagle's moves faster than this is going, it's agonizing. I really do wonder how you guys work so fast.

PS- Also need to fix his batons, they're sloppy.
Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:41:34 pm by Ross
#754  March 03, 2012, 12:37:54 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Looks real good so far dude, though I think his right facing arm looks a little long to me.
#755  March 03, 2012, 11:47:53 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
If I'm posting too much, feel free to speak up. I'd hate for it to look like I was spamming.

Not quite there. So besides Alpha and CPS3 styled stuff seemingly following the same light source, CPS3 has this kind of "pastel" look I guess? Like on Ryu's pants, we see it go from white to light orange to blue. Well done. We see something similar to that on his arm, where the hue is purple. Tried the same on Eagle. I've been working on coloring it from the flat colors seen earlier for at least an hour now. How do you guys make these so goddamn quickly, it blows my mind, really, when I see people not just doing a single sprite, but an idle animation. After Eagle's done right, I'll start rendering Karnov next.

Well, Eagle's proportions look kinda...off (his head is too tall in relation to Ryu's, for example). It might help to remember that Eagle's sprites are from CvS2 and not SFA3. Hence, using Ryu's SFA incarnation as a base for Eagle's normal proportions makes the final proportions...off.

Perhaps you should convert Eagle's proportions from CvS to SFA and then go to CPS3 from there...?
#756  March 15, 2012, 02:12:41 am
    • USA

Sub-Zero, Been Such a long time since I sprited.. >.< I'm Slacking.
#757  March 15, 2012, 03:41:33 am
  • Believe or not, I still visit the forum regularly
    • Brazil
    • https://bsky.app/profile/cyberwolfjv.bsky.social
As I said in my topic of sprites, this is my first attempt with the SFIII style. and I want to know the opnion of you before you proceed and do the details in Mokujin-bot.

some criticism in the Pac-Man? something I should fix? can give me a hint to improve? I hope so, thanks the attention ^^.
Video game enthusiast (strong Nintendo bias), collector, furry, Trans Woman, previously in the Reino do Cogumelo website (Super Mario Brasil), currently contributing to the NintendoBoy site; freelance content editor and producer and once known in the pixel art world.
#758  March 15, 2012, 08:46:42 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Colors seem nice enough, but your lightsource seems to come from the front,
SF3 lightsource comes from straight above.
#759  March 21, 2012, 08:12:56 pm

This is where it ends for Eagle. He was fun to do, but it also drove me fucking nuts. I'm sorry if it's not as good as it could be, but spriting just isn't for me. I don't have the speed or control necessary to make it a worthwhile hobby. Doesn't mean I'm leaving already, I'll stick around because I want to support this place and think people will always need help with poses, how to draw certain moves, etc, which relates to drawing, which puts me back in my element.
#760  March 22, 2012, 02:29:41 am
  • Raging Fist

My very first Sprite in WIP Stages. Using Urien as a base, Im transforming him into Ogre from Tekken 3.
Borrowed the shield from NXC Ogre, and the rest was by yours truly.