YesNoOk

Randomselect gone for good? (Read 6403 times)

Started by volzzilla, February 20, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Randomselect gone for good?
#61  February 21, 2012, 04:55:07 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
-calling it an "idiotic decision" when it's at most the act of an asshole, it's senseless to say it's an idiotic decision when that decision is up to the guy himself.
With that criteria, no free willed idiotic decisions exist at all. Or, better yet, what would you then consider an 'idiotic decision'?

-KFM already had a track record of nuking stuff when leaving and generally only caring for what he wants, so expecting him to play by the rules and do what would please the community is not that reasonable.
Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people, the whole community was supposed to suspect he was gonna act up and blow up the place, and paranoidly back up everything daily in case he snapped? :P

C'mon, you are not making any sense (at least to me). What point are you trying to make, and why? It sounds like you want to defend him due to personal affinities and whatnot, yet you agree with most of the posters here.
#62  February 21, 2012, 04:58:12 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He makes the decisions he wants, too bad if you don't like them.
I can say if his decisions are idiotic, too bad if you don't like it.

But no, it's not reasonable to expect him to play by the rules and be nice when you're just in the middle of calling him out on his selfishness and chaotic behavior.
I haven't seen ANYONE "calling him out" or even making a major mention of KFM in all the time I've been here, until now.

Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people
I think deleting an entire forum out of pettiness goes far and beyond being just a jerk.
#63  February 21, 2012, 05:01:54 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
If you know there are backups and stuff will be easily restored, then it's just being kind of a jerk to me. Of course, Val and the others might disagree, I dunno how much work the restoring took. ;P
#64  February 21, 2012, 05:07:26 pm
With that criteria, no free willed idiotic decisions exist at all. Or, better yet, what would you then consider an 'idiotic decision'?
A decision based on errors and factually wrong assertions. Other than that, what's stupid from one point of view can make perfect sense from another.
Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people
It's been my understanding for all this time that he was considered one of the notable jerks of the community. So yes, I'm wondering why people get surprised when he does it again.
and paranoidly back up everything daily in case he snapped?
People have been complaining about the loss of specific topics, like the list of special animations. This is very easy to back up, and it makes pefect sense to want it to be saved on different places. It's not "everything" and it's certainly not "paranoid". Hell, Mugen Guild has archived a few topics and lists from now-dead forums, and RandomSelect did the same for Guild topics I think.
What point are you trying to make, and why? It sounds like you want to defend him due to personal affinities and whatnot, yet you agree with most of the posters here.
As I said, I'm specifically responding to things Morph said. How does it seem like I'm defending KFM, when I agree what he did was the act of an asshole ?

I haven't seen ANYONE "calling him out" or even making a major mention of KFM in all the time I've been here, until now.
Uh... What ? For one, that's likely because he's been inactive for most of the time frame where you've been here. For another, if that's the case, why did you yourself go all gung-ho on "deleting the Guild, throwing temper tantrums over ridiculous shit", calling those topics "the only good things you've ever done" ? If you know about that, you know of how much hate he's gotten for that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:12:25 pm by Byakko
#65  February 21, 2012, 05:16:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
are you quoting and answering yourself?

my bad, you are quoting lasombra, i thought you were quoting jmorphman exclusively.
#66  February 21, 2012, 06:34:46 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
i could upload some of the tools and whatever else and create a section for it at cvg. but i'd need a little direction if anyone wanted me to do that sorta thing.
#67  February 21, 2012, 07:21:20 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Very thought provoking and in-depth stuff here.

What I don't understand is that why wouldn't you back anything up or re-host anywhere else where people clearly won't mind doing so?? Hell, I'm sure you admin's here wouldn't have mind making a KFM Guild Network section.

It's a shame to see this happen. RandomSelect was one of my very first places that I visited.  :'(
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#68  February 21, 2012, 07:30:34 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#69  February 21, 2012, 08:27:07 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
it's funny because he's biased against KFM
#70  February 21, 2012, 08:30:59 pm
    • France
I know.
#71  February 21, 2012, 08:34:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
whaaaaaaaaaaa-~x

DMK

#72  February 21, 2012, 10:00:00 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Despite all that info we had here, we never bothered to copy paste some of it into a topic under Development or Guides? Fuck.

At least for those post there is always web archive right? Cybaster you confirmed alot of it was still there?
#73  February 21, 2012, 10:53:35 pm
    • France
I just saved one topic some time ago. Jmorphman was the one who checked on Webarchive I think.
#74  February 21, 2012, 11:10:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Ie vne forgot what topics were worht salvaging, it's worth mentioning since i have a few already saved.
#75  February 21, 2012, 11:11:32 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#76  February 21, 2012, 11:54:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
does not ring a bell, but I will check at home anyway.
#77  February 22, 2012, 12:55:46 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I just saved one topic some time ago. Jmorphman was the one who checked on Webarchive I think.
I did. it wasnt there. I used a work around by searching the threads created on guild about it, but found out that he had deleted all his posts here inside it as well.
Thus I used wayback machine and checked the same thread in it. found something from a long time ago that still had some material.

Bea

#78  February 22, 2012, 12:11:48 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Well, all the content that was being hosted on my server is still on my server.
It's most stuff from 2005 and 2008, though.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#79  February 22, 2012, 12:54:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I guess i will rehost it within the guild.

edit: after checking through the files... Smee was actually the one hosting all those people and tools all this time    º____º

The files still exist, they are safe and sound. tools, chars, everything, im backing those up as well .
#80  February 22, 2012, 01:37:28 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Various of you know creators who has hosted stuff there or you're friends of them (like Splode, LMX90 and Tenshin), you can talk with them to host their stuff in other websites of yours (or even a MediaFire account a la Warusaki3)
Why don't you listen me?? :'(

Oh, and I found in my disk some of Tenshin's resources, like SFA sparkset and FinishBGs, if some of you can host Tenshin's chars, I can provide you of resources I got

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X