YesNoOk

Updated Seta Soujiro (05/20/12) + Other Rurouni Kenshin Chars (05/05/12) (Read 83953 times)

Started by Aoshi24, February 18, 2011, 07:07:56 am
Share this topic:
Updated Seta Soujiro (05/20/12) + Other Rurouni Kenshin Chars (05/05/12)
New #1  February 18, 2011, 07:07:56 am
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Updated Seta Soujiro video 05/20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znM6MyXCsGs

Updated Rurouni Kenshin characters video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqAptW-x8I&list=UU7K0vphu2Xmb_9fZj53Gzjg&index=1&feature=plcp

Updated version of Seta Soujiro is now available!  Please note he is a boss tier opponent... hard but very beatable.

Here are what was updated for all chars:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Saito Hajime coming soon!  Any constructive criticisms or suggestions are welcome.  There will be no more future updates for the existing characters until a full game beta is ready... Thanks and enjoy!

SETA SOUJIRO (05/20/12)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5id40f3yzek71ao

SHINOMORI AOSHI (05/05/12)
http://www.mediafire.com/?doa1zlcajcuo35e
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + RK Characters Updates 02/18/11
#2  February 18, 2011, 07:11:08 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
OMG Battusai  :D gonna try this for sure. Feedback later possibly
Chilling
#3  February 18, 2011, 01:12:44 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Great!! So fast...
*downloading Battousai and all updated version.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#4  February 18, 2011, 05:23:04 pm
  • The Supreme Fist
    • cfkm-media.weebly.com/
thanks been waiting,now just need saito,and thanks for your hard work.

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.
Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:29:51 pm by SPRIGGAN
#5  February 18, 2011, 10:11:20 pm
  • Beers User!
    • Chile
    • snkmugendatabase.blogspot.com/
Great!!!

Battusai.... Downloading my friend

Yare Yare Daze!
#6  February 19, 2011, 02:10:25 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
oh god yes one of my most wanted characters ever : ) ty so much for this!

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#7  February 19, 2011, 12:33:51 pm
k now gogo saito
#8  February 26, 2011, 02:10:44 am
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + RK Characters Updates 04/02/11
#9  April 15, 2011, 12:21:23 am
wen u make the sanosuke u should use the sanosuke sprites that warner has on his kenshin character i tried to make a basic sprite sheet im not a spriter so it isnt that great but use tis if u want :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
#10  April 17, 2011, 03:40:08 am
Actually, I already have sprites for Sano that match my other rk characters.  I'll be using sprites from New Kiwami by Edogawa Inpo with some editing.   Thanks for the effort though!
#11  April 18, 2011, 11:33:26 pm
kool no problem
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + RK Characters Updates 08/11/11
#12  August 13, 2011, 02:03:40 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Some feedback for Aoshi :
- Taunt voice has a lot of noise.
- CLSNs are overcomplicated at times. Things like c.LP only need 2/3 blue CLSNs and 1/2 red ones.
- During backdash, Aoshi's feet go "into the ground" a little. You could higher the axis for this animation.
- s.SK and c.MP miss many opponents at close distance.
- Spin Kick could get the landing sound when Aoshi lands back.
- rising kick sometimes doesn't have any voice, which I guess was made on purpose, but then we realize there's no "woosh" or jump sound neither. The move really needs some SFX.
- diving kick do all the same thing (the different buttons). You could add variations just by changing the diving angle to make him go further or not.
- sliding kick seems to have some command priority problems. I almost alwyas end up performing Jissen Kenbu when I want to do sliding kick.
- Supers could get some envshake. I'd give some to the specials too to be honest.
- Kaiten Kenbu could get several things to make it look nicer : envshake, could hit more than 3 times, have longer hitpauses, nicer slash FX (not the fullscreen FX, the one during the spins). Spins look pretty misaligned too when you look at them tick by tick.
- Making Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren comboable would really help making it useful. I didn't find any way to combo it, and the move is blockable and only performable at low life, so basically you will never take the risk to use 3 powerbars for a move that will probably never hit. Making it comboable would really help. Of course, you'd apply a huge dampener on the combo, making it deal 300-350 damage instead of 500 if performed during a combo, or it wouldn't be balanced.
- The AI never used his supers, even though he had 3 powerbars for 2 rounds at some point.
- Any chance of you putting the short winning anime sequence in HR one day ?
- I can't stop wondering why, during your sprite editing, completely removed a shade tone from the pants+shirt ? It really lacks some anti-aliasing now, and the general shading looks flat and lacking because of that. I know it's a lot to ask, but is there a chance you might rework on the shading one day ?
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + RK Characters Updates 08/11/11
#13  August 15, 2011, 12:26:49 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
thanks for the update Aoshi looking forward to when you make the rest of the cast :)

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + RK Characters Updates 08/14/11
#14  August 15, 2011, 01:52:08 am
As always, thank you for the feedback Cybaster!  Some of the feedback are now applied to the update patch (for those who already downloaded the 8/11 version).

Update patch http://www.mediafire.com/?6bxb4qmst1j4bqf

- Taunt voice has a lot of noise.  I will look into changing this in the future
- CLSNs are overcomplicated at times. Things like c.LP only need 2/3 blue CLSNs and 1/2 red ones.  Fixed in the update patch
- During backdash, Aoshi's feet go "into the ground" a little. You could higher the axis for this animation. Fixed in the update patch
- s.SK and c.MP miss many opponents at close distance. Fixed in the update patch
- Spin Kick could get the landing sound when Aoshi lands back. Fixed in the update patch
- rising kick sometimes doesn't have any voice, which I guess was made on purpose, but then we realize there's no "woosh" or jump sound neither. The move really needs some SFX. Fixed in the update patch
- diving kick do all the same thing (the different buttons). You could add variations just by changing the diving angle to make him go further or not. I will look into changing this in the future
- sliding kick seems to have some command priority problems. I almost alwyas end up performing Jissen Kenbu when I want to do sliding kick. Fixed in the update patch (I think..)
- Supers could get some envshake. I'd give some to the specials too to be honest. Fixed in the update patch
- Kaiten Kenbu could get several things to make it look nicer : envshake, could hit more than 3 times, have longer hitpauses, nicer slash FX (not the fullscreen FX, the one during the spins). Spins look pretty misaligned too when you look at them tick by tick. Fixed the spins alignment in the update patch... I'll see what I can do to make everything else look nicer.. oh and for the record kaiten kenbu was always a 3 hit move based on the anime/manga.
- Making Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren comboable would really help making it useful. I didn't find any way to combo it, and the move is blockable and only performable at low life, so basically you will never take the risk to use 3 powerbars for a move that will probably never hit. Making it comboable would really help. Of course, you'd apply a huge dampener on the combo, making it deal 300-350 damage instead of 500 if performed during a combo, or it wouldn't be balanced.  This is a good idea.. I will implement this in future updates.  My other RK characters will get the same treatment for consistency.
- The AI never used his supers, even though he had 3 powerbars for 2 rounds at some point. That's weird.. I will look into this one.  (I'm still getting used to AI coding)
- Any chance of you putting the short winning anime sequence in HR one day ? I wish I could but I don't have any PS1 ripping programs that is compatible to Windows 7.  I'll definitely look into it if you have any ideas.
- I can't stop wondering why, during your sprite editing, completely removed a shade tone from the pants+shirt ? It really lacks some anti-aliasing now, and the general shading looks flat and lacking because of that. I know it's a lot to ask, but is there a chance you might rework on the shading one day ? To tell you the truth.. I got really lazy when I did the sprite edits at the time.  I pretty much rushed it for the sake of releasing it early.  Now I have a friend that can help me re-work the sprites and shading.  We are currently re-working Soujiro's sprites at the moment.

PS:  Thanks Laharl.  Now that I have a friend to help me out with the Rurouni Kenshin project, you may be able to see more of the cast in the future.  :sugoi:
#15  August 22, 2011, 05:40:08 am
great, simply great, thanks!
#16  August 22, 2011, 07:09:38 am
  • ¡Good!
The only objetable thing, is the Kagami Shinnosuke sounds.
Re: Hitokiri Battousai + Rurouni Kenshin Characters Updated 05/05/12
#17  May 05, 2012, 10:49:15 pm
Himura Battousai, Kenshin, and Aoshi have been updated.  Links and info can be found on the first post.

I have been in and out of MUGEN for awhile and for that I apologize. The Rurouni Kenshin full-game is still in the works but there will be delays.

Good news is that all the Saito sprites are now done. The video doesn't show all the sprites because I haven't placed it yet. Once I am done updating with the effects I will do a public release. Hopefully I will release it in time for the live action movie.

Until next time... enjoy!
#18  May 05, 2012, 11:19:05 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
That's great man! glad to see you back, and can't wait to test San san. 8)
#19  May 05, 2012, 11:37:19 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
so glad your back man  ;D
mugen or nothin

#20  May 06, 2012, 11:04:41 pm
    • Japan
what a coincidence, I just finished Samurai X series :P never watched it before lol

Go SAITO Go!

I was thinking about how he would be in Mugen and I came up he should have great defensive moves that throw opponent away and all offensive moves are long range run charges.