YesNoOk

Koldskool's Edits (updated 10-28-2019) (Read 258516 times)

Started by Koldskool, May 22, 2012, 02:50:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 6-3-2012)
#41  June 04, 2012, 02:27:48 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Spider-Man released. See first post for info and download.
#42  June 04, 2012, 04:17:11 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Holy shit that was quick! Downloading now
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#43  June 04, 2012, 04:18:31 am
Wow, you're just cranking em out here! I am very impressed with Spidey here. Plays very slick, better than either Iron Man or Cap. I like the alterations you make a lot! And keeping the Separation Anxiety Hyper was awesome! Only one real gameplay thing I noticed: His throw is still the strong punch/forward instead of weak+med punch.

I do have a question about the palettes, though: Do palettes for the orignal characters you edited work with your edits? No offense, but some of the palettes aren't quite as awesome as the gameplay. Especially some of the latest ones from Spidey.

Keep it up!
#44  June 04, 2012, 04:24:01 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yeah and the portrait's big as far as I can tell
#45  June 04, 2012, 05:48:16 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
then fix it yourself...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#46  June 04, 2012, 02:09:35 pm
    • USA
Wow, you're just cranking em out here! I am very impressed with Spidey here. Plays very slick, better than either Iron Man or Cap. I like the alterations you make a lot! And keeping the Separation Anxiety Hyper was awesome! Only one real gameplay thing I noticed: His throw is still the strong punch/forward instead of weak+med punch.

I do have a question about the palettes, though: Do palettes for the orignal characters you edited work with your edits? No offense, but some of the palettes aren't quite as awesome as the gameplay. Especially some of the latest ones from Spidey.

Keep it up!

Yes, the original palettes will work, but Iron's original palettes are pretty messy. The palettes included with Spidey are the ones included in the original, I didn't do any new ones for him.

NoZ

#47  June 04, 2012, 03:05:03 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Awesome work as usual Kold 8)
#48  June 05, 2012, 03:51:50 am
    • USA
My last post only addressed the palette question because I was at work on my phone. I'll address the other stuff, now.

Seth Zankuten's Spidey was already well done, but he had a few new moves that I felt made him kind of cheap. So, most of the credit for Spidey's slick gameplay all goes to him. I really do appreciate all the positive feedback, though.

In MvC, throws are executed by pressing Forward+HP or Forward+HK when close to the opponent. And I personally prefer it that way.

The portraits are done with mugen 1.0's default screen pack in mind (because I use a slightly modified version of it). The versus screen shows the portraits in a "window" in the traditional 120x140 pixel size. I have my win screen portraits set as the same sprite as the main portrait, so the full image is shown on the win screen, like so:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:42:22 am by Koldskool
#49  June 05, 2012, 05:01:45 am
In MvC, throws are executed by pressing Forward+HP or Forward+HK when close to the opponent. And I personally prefer it that way.

Right, it's just inconsistent compared to your other two Marvel edits which used the two punches/two kicks throw scheme. Only real reason I asked.

I've got a few purely visual nitpicks of Iron Man too, nothing really gameplay based. Take them with a grain of salt, of course, both are rather minor really, and I'm just nitpicking on things that personally bug me a bit.

[rant] The first is personal, please, please, oh my dear got please, if at all possible, if it exists, find a replacement for his high kick launcher. It is one of my least favorite animation frames ever, that stupid looking "foot in the air levitation" looks stupid as all hell, it doesn't ever even remotely look like he is repulser kicking the opponent, it always, always, always looks stupid. God damn it that is an awful launcher, damn you Capcom, shit![/rant]Sorry. I just really, really hate that animation. If you havr some other sprite that could be repurposed as a new launcher that would be really, really cool.

My second thing is pretty minor, I think the explosion fx for things like the missile and the smart bombs could do with being a bit less transparent. The hitsparks look really nice that way I think, but not so much the explosions. They kind of end up looking like out of phase Cheeto puffs or something. Again, sorry to be on your case about something that I'm sure is mainly about your personal preference, but they are so close to really, really slick releases, I just want to provide some feedback.

Spidey is very fun to play as! Gonna russle up a handful of cool palettes and he'll be pretty much perfect!
#50  June 05, 2012, 08:38:59 pm
    • USA
Unless someone wants to sprite a new kick launcher for Iron Man, it's here to stay, though I agree that it looks weird. And I love phasing cheetos. They're a hell of a lot better than that orange styrofoam that passes for cheetos these days.

Oh, and expect updates for Cap and Iron before I begin working on my next edit.
Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:03:22 am by Koldskool
#51  June 06, 2012, 02:33:23 pm
(Not sure if could do this since it doesn't balance the character)

Can you do Cyclops by Reza (The latest/ up to date version) The character feels right already but there was this awesome custom move he had in BETA 8, its called Exceed Optic Rage. You think you can add that move back in, since he removed it for his final release?

I just think that custom move was very interesting for Cyclops.

Maybe replace "Hyper Optic Slam" at 500 life and does to "Exceed Optic Rage" instead or something? (Just throwing out ideas)
#52  June 06, 2012, 09:40:47 pm
    • USA
Buckus already did a phenomenal Cyclops, so I won't be doing a Cyclops edit.

NoZ

#53  June 07, 2012, 01:00:36 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Jin saotome is a good one Kold,God knows that guy needs love ;P
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 6-8-2012)
#54  June 08, 2012, 03:23:05 pm
    • USA
Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man have all been updated today.

Details:
#55  June 08, 2012, 03:38:14 pm
Is there a good (6 button) Hulk?
#56  June 08, 2012, 04:36:27 pm
    • USA
#57  June 08, 2012, 06:30:14 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Hey Koldskool...any chance you'd like to consider giving your edits MvC2 Hyper Portraits in Hires?

I have been pumping them out like rabbits since yesterday and just wanted to give you the heads up.

I haven't really got the chance yet to sit down and fully enjoy your all your edits so far, but I did have a decent run with your Ironman the other night and it was quite fun.

Keep them coming.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#58  June 08, 2012, 11:12:48 pm
    • USA
Those are f'n sweet. And Spidey actually lacks a hyper port in his current version. Right now, I'm working on other things, but I would definitely use some of that hires awesomeness if you're willing to contribute.
#59  June 09, 2012, 01:18:06 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
That's an automatic yes on my behalf.

The only issue is that the only source art that I have for the specific characters you have edit/coded will take me longer to tinker with because of their smaller resolutions and crappy jpeg filtering.

Here are my sources...I've touched up the first 2 a bit:

Give me about a month and I shall be able to produce at least 2 or all 3 in Hires.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:23:43 am by MaxBeta
#60  June 09, 2012, 03:57:48 am
    • USA
There's no rush. Take your time.